ADVERTISEMENT

As of Today, Rank Your Top 5 Teams Most Likely to Win the Tourney

Yup. He lectured me about letting people have different opinions (when UK fans were saying Michigan was a 3 seed at best with zero chance of being in the 1 seed conversation), yet is getting all up in GE’s ass for putting UNC on his list.
Go back and read what I was saying to GE Noles. I really didn't say all THAT much about UNC being in his top 5. Stop trying to make more of it than what it was.

Yeah, it was clearly an exaggeration. Obviously I don't think you are the only one to post ITT. Just saying that it is clearly a big deal for you.
No, it really isn't. I was befuddled about Noles' comments about programs that have not previously been to a FF not being able to win a title. He kept going back to his list of teams that I was surprised with and I was trying to focus on his take on his take on Tennessee not on his list because they have never, as a program, been to a FF.

No, it really isn't. I was befuddled about Noles' comments about programs that have not previously been to a FF not being able to win a title. He kept going back to his list of teams that I was surprised with and I was trying to focus on his take on his take on Tennessee not on his list because they have never, as a program, been to a FF.
It's no big deal to me, that it is a big deal to you. It's just a weird thing to spend 4 pages arguing about.

Reactions: 829305
Metrics are important because it’s impossible to anyone to watch every game. Teams have bad games and teams have good games. What if your eye test only caught the bad games from a really good team or only caught the good games from a bad team? Metrics help paint a better picture.

They’re also misleading at times. Like I said earlier, UK gave up 118 in the first game of the year. What do you think that did to their numbers? And if you’ve seen them lately, do they look the same, better, or worse defensively?

They’re also misleading at times. Like I said earlier, UK gave up 118 in the first game of the year. What do you think that did to their numbers? And if you’ve seen them lately, do they look the same, better, or worse defensively?

According to Kenpom, Uk is #10 in Adjusted Defensive efficiency. I would say that is pretty dang accurate. Thus, nullifying your spiel bashing computer models and claiming that you don't know basketball if you go by only metrics.

Most of the time, the eye test confirms the computer metrics. Not the other way around.

According to Kenpom, Uk is #10 in Adjusted Defensive efficiency. I would say that is pretty dang accurate. Thus, nullifying your spiel bashing computer models and claiming that you don't know basketball if you go by only metrics.

Most of the time, the eye test confirms the computer metrics. Not the other way around.

I’ve seen your posts. You’re the last dude I’m taking basketball advice from. And, you’re a contrarian when it comes to anything a UK fan says.

It's no big deal to me, that it is a big deal to you. It's just a weird thing to spend 4 pages arguing about.
Yeahhhh, the conversation spanned 4 pages, nothing more.
It really wasn't that many posts, lets not make it seem like it was something that consumed all 4 pages. There are a bunch of other little conversations going on that took up more of the space on those 4 pages.

Sometimes a team has to actually prove what they are. You can't fault anyone for shoving UM aside before the season started. They weren't on anyone's radar.
But, they're starting to show some chinks in their armor. Don't count your chickens just yet.
Looks like UM has their hands full tonight at home.

I gave plenty of reasons that their ceiling shouldn't be capped at a "3 seed at best". Stop defending shitty UK homers. I was told they had zero chance of being anything better than a 3 seed.

You are aware what zero chance means, right?

Go back and read what I was saying to GE Noles. I really didn't say all THAT much about UNC being in his top 5. Stop trying to make more of it than what it was.

You are bitching because his opinion doesn't line up with yours. It's rich considering you defended dogshit UK posters by saying they are entitled to their opinions.

You are acting like I said to ignore trends.

I gave plenty of reasons that their ceiling shouldn't be capped at a "3 seed at best". Stop defending shitty UK homers. I was told they had zero chance of being anything better than a 3 seed.

You are aware what zero chance means, right?
LOL, we're shitty UK homers? Says the huge Michigan homer that is swelling up because his homer prediction looks like it might come true.

You do realize that you're a huge hypocrite right? You hate it when UK fans acts like homers, but that's all you do here.

Heck, I've seen you try to homer over on RR, you can't help yourself.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
You are bitching because his opinion doesn't line up with yours. It's rich considering you defended dogshit UK posters by saying they are entitled to their opinions.
Says the biggest homer on this boad.
Also, yeah I do defend other UK posters, why wouldn't I? Is it far fetched to think that UK fans might have a lot of the same opinions? Duhhhh

Reactions: C*A*T*S
I’ve seen your posts. You’re the last dude I’m taking basketball advice from. And, you’re a contrarian when it comes to anything a UK fan says.

I’ve seen your posts. You’re the last dude I’m taking basketball advice from. And, you’re a contrarian when it comes to anything a UofL fan says.

Yeah, it's hard to see reality when those flashing blue tinted glasses are blinding you. I literally just proved your wrong. So you don't agree that Uk is top 10 in defensive efficiency? That metric alone completely negates your take about the 118 points thing. It has literally adjusted flawlessly over the season and is now giving them the ranking they deserve. That is something a human can't do, but can confirm, which is what you are suggesting with the eye test.

I’m not acting any way. My response was to all the “Kenpom this and Kenpom that”. Basketball is more than metrics

No one is saying it isn't. You're the only person implying that. You're just like JC for 3. You're a complete homer and hate when people disagree with you. If they do, you claim that they don't know anything about basketball. When you're literally proven wrong, you say that I'm a UofL fan so I'm automatically going to disagree with you.

That might be the easiest cop out response I've ever seen on this board. You didn't even argue against what I said. You argued against me because there wasn't anything you could deny or prove wrong, so you proceeded to bash me instead. Congrats.

Laughable. Rafters has taught you a lot.

I’ve seen your posts. You’re the last dude I’m taking basketball advice from. And, you’re a contrarian when it comes to anything a UofL fan says.

Yeah, it's hard to see reality when those flashing blue tinted glasses are blinding you. I literally just proved your wrong. So you don't agree that Uk is top 10 in defensive efficiency? That metric alone completely negates your take about the 118 points thing. It has literally adjusted flawlessly over the season and is now giving them the ranking they deserve. That is something a human can't do, but can confirm, which is what you are suggesting with the eye test.

You’re much better suited discussing data points and reasons for lagging attendance with your butt buddy Zipp. You’re not qualified for much else it appears.

giphy.gif

No one is saying it isn't. You're the only person implying that. You're just like JC for 3. You're a complete homer and hate when people disagree with you. If they do, you claim that they don't know anything about basketball.

Laughable. Rafters has taught you a lot.

What the hell are you even talking about “homer”? You truly are an idiot.

On second thought, I apologize. You probably do need a metric to tell you that the teams that can score and defend have the best shot at advancing in the tournament.

You’re much better suited discussing data points and reasons for lagging attendance with your butt buddy Zipp. You’re not qualified for much else it appears.

HA. You think I like Zipp. Yeah, you don't know anything. You're literally just pulling things straight out of your trap.

Oh if anyone disagrees with RipThru then that are not qualified blah blah blah. Not qualified to discuss basketball? LMAO

What the hell are you even talking about “homer”? You truly are an idiot.

On second thought, I apologize. You probably do need a metric to tell you that the teams that can score and defend have the best shot at advancing in the tournament.

You say that I'm a UofL fan and because of that, I'm automatically going to disagree with you.

That might be the easiest cop out response I've ever seen on this board. You didn't even argue against what I said, which shows I'm right. Instead, you argued against me because there wasn't anything you could deny or prove wrong, so you proceeded to bash me instead. Congrats on looking dumb.

You say that I'm a UofL fan and because of that, I'm automatically going to disagree with you.

That might be the easiest cop out response I've ever seen on this board. You didn't even argue against what I said, which shows I'm right. Instead, you argued against me because there wasn't anything you could deny or prove wrong, so you proceeded to bash me instead. Congrats on looking dumb.

It’s not a cop out response. I couldn’t give less of a shit about Kenpom or any other metric. If you can’t tell who the best teams are by watching them then that’s on you. I’m not gonna argue with someone who can’t tell a 1-3-1 from a box and 1. You just don’t understand basketball and that’s ok. Just be you. Congrats on BEING dumb.

HA. You think I like Zipp. Yeah, you don't know anything. You're literally just pulling things straight out of your trap.

Oh if anyone disagrees with RipThru then that are not qualified blah blah blah. Not qualified to discuss basketball? LMAO

Not “anyone”.... just you Sparky.

On second thought, where were you and I discussing that I/we "need" a metric. We don't "need" metrics. They just help your argument greatly. When the NCAA creates their own NET metric that consists of RPI, KP, Sagarin, etc...you best believe that you are the one in the minority with the "eye test." Did I say they don't use the eye test? No, they definitely do. But they also use their own Quadrant wins and NET rankings to help justify the teams they put in the tournament.

Most of the time the eye test confirms their metrics......You don't say "oh look at this team, they must have the 13th defense." When the game begins, most of the times the teams stats are discussed, which then results in the eye test during the game.

Not “anyone”.... just you Sparky.

You seem to be the one including the teams that we root for into your discretion/hatred for my responses. Not the other way around, as you claim.

Yeah, you were literally arguing with someone else over this earlier.

It’s not a cop out response. I couldn’t give less of a shit about Kenpom or any other metric. If you can’t tell who the best teams are by watching them then that’s on you. I’m not gonna argue with someone who can’t tell a 1-3-1 from a box and 1. You just don’t understand basketball and that’s ok. Just be you. Congrats on BEING dumb.
Are you suggesting stats/box scores are a crutch for those that don't know basketball?

Reactions: HRTheCard

Congrats. That's good for you that you don't care about any metrics. Bravo, but that doesn't mean that the NCAA doesn't or shouldn't care. You're literally saying "SINCE I DONT CARE, NO ONE SHOULD CARE. NOT EVEN THE SELECTION COMMITTEE. IF YOU CARE ABOUT METRICS THEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT A 2-3 ZONE IS." See how stupid that sounds? Are you literally that self-entitled and caught up in your own opinion?

You're literally attacking me because I'm a Louisville fan, claiming I don't know anything about sports. Which just so happens to be what you claimed I was doing just a few posts ago. A bit hypocritical, no? Are you losing this argument? Yes, easily. So do you turn to attack me instead? Of course you do. Not surprising.

Just because some people, ehm most people, use metrics, doesn't mean that they don't know basketball. You seem to be the one so stuck up on metrics vs eye test. Not one person in here that likes metrics also said that they hate the eye test. You're doing that except in the opposite manner and now that you're losing, you've decided to attack me because I'm a Louisville fan. Nice.

Are you suggesting stats/box scores are a crutch for those that don't know basketball?

My gosh Lurker, did you just bring up the box score? OH NO, that means you don't know a lick about basketball. Quick question, how many players are on the court at once?? Let's see if you know that.....I bet you don't and it's because you're discussing metrics.

My gosh Lurker, did you just bring up the box score? OH NO, that means you don't know a lick about basketball. Quick question, how many players are on the court at once?? Let's see if you know that.....I bet you don't and it's because you're discussing metrics.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT