ADVERTISEMENT

As of Today, Rank Your Top 5 Teams Most Likely to Win the Tourney

No, I was only surprised by your Purdue and UNC choices, they surprised me and I really havehav made a big deal about that. You're deflecting from what I'm really making a big deal out of, which is your belief that a program that hasn't made a ff can't win it all. THAT'S what I'm making a big deal about, but you're deflecting from it and acting like I'm all about UNC and Purdue.

I didn't have Purdue on my list! Holy hell. They were the next ones out. I could have extended the list to 10 and included Tennessee, Kentucky, and Texas Tech as well. Then would you have this weird obsession? The 5 teams on my most likely win list were Duke, UVA, Michigan, Michigan State, and UNC. To suggest that any of those teams are outlandish picks to win it all is pure folly.

I've answered your first time programs in the FF question a dozen times. I'm not making up the facts. This isn't a blind test. All I'm doing is making the accurate statement that most programs making their first trip to the FF don't win it all in that first trip. How is that statement false in any way? I then proceeded to list multiple other reasons why this Tennessee team isn't in my top 5 most likely, which you willfully ignore over and over again.

I thought so too. What kind of year is Loyola Marymount having?

Unfortunately I have no way to answer that. I haven't seen a LM game this year and quoting their record, KenPom or NET would be falling right into your trap.

I'm not offended by UK at all. Someone earlier in the thread asked why MSU was being considered as a 1-seed, and I responded that they have the most Quad 1 wins in the country.

Then it went off on the tangent that MSU lost to Louisville as if that is a bad loss, and MSU has beat no one, and UK beat a bunch of ranked teams (including Louisville), etc.

....and Kansas....MSU couldn't pull that one off either.

1 Tennessee
2 Duke
3 Virginia
4 Gonzaga
5 Michigan

....and Kansas....MSU couldn't pull that one off either.

You're right. MSU lost against a fully healthy Kansas, on a neutral court location. The same night that Kentucky got smoked by almost 40.

Kentucky beat Kansas - without their best player Azubuike - at Kentucky. Kansas has now lost 3 of their last 7 games.

You're right. MSU lost against a fully healthy Kansas, on a neutral court location. The same night that Kentucky got smoked by almost 40.

Kentucky beat Kansas - without their best player Azubuike - at Kentucky. Kansas has now lost 3 of their last 7 games.

...you certainly got those losses backed up with excuses. Injuries are part of the game. You shouldn't be looking for sympathy there.

...you certainly got those losses backed up with excuses. Injuries are part of the game. You shouldn't be looking for sympathy there.

No one is looking for sympathy, at all. MSU has 3 losses, 2 of them came when one of our starting guards were injured. It sucks, but it happens. I expect MSU to lose again, as I doubt they go undefeated for the rest of the season.

Kentucky has 3 losses, at full health, with 2 of the losses coming to teams that are unlikely to make the tournament.

They've also played an easier schedule, are lower in all metrics, and have quite a few less "Quadrant" wins that the committee will use to compare to MSU.

So... congrats on the wins over Kansas and Louisville.

Reactions: sgrooms
No one is looking for sympathy, at all. MSU has 3 losses, 2 of them came when one of our starting guards were injured. It sucks, but it happens. I expect MSU to lose again, as I doubt they go undefeated for the rest of the season.

Kentucky has 3 losses, at full health, with 2 of the losses coming to teams that are unlikely to make the tournament.

They've also played an easier schedule, are lower in all metrics, and have quite a few less "Quadrant" wins that the committee will use to compare to MSU.

So... congrats on the wins over Kansas and Louisville.

Thanks, but as I said earlier, both teams are pretty close....whoever slips up first is getting leapfrogged.

I didn't have Purdue on my list! Holy hell. They were the next ones out. I could have extended the list to 10 and included Tennessee, Kentucky, and Texas Tech as well. Then would you have this weird obsession? The 5 teams on my most likely win list were Duke, UVA, Michigan, Michigan State, and UNC. To suggest that any of those teams are outlandish picks to win it all is pure folly.

I've answered your first time programs in the FF question a dozen times. I'm not making up the facts. This isn't a blind test. All I'm doing is making the accurate statement that most programs making their first trip to the FF don't win it all in that first trip. How is that statement false in any way? I then proceeded to list multiple other reasons why this Tennessee team isn't in my top 5 most likely, which you willfully ignore over and over again.
Well, you're not getting what I'm saying and it's possible that I'm not getting what you're saying, so I'll just leave it be.

Reactions: GE Nole
[Q

I don't have the time nor the inclination. Just keep waving your pom poms.

And you and the Zippster have a lot in common speaking of dumb as fvck.
You’re last sentence is irony at its finest, seeing as how there’s a good 4 of you raftards that practically recite the same rhetoric daily. Yikes.

Pretty self explanatory. If you rely on metrics and only metrics to base your decision on who is/isn't a good basketball team and can't judge the actual on court product using your eyes as well, you don't know what you're talking about.

Who said that those people are only relying on metrics? Who said they haven’t actually watched the teams and the metrics are just a bonus?

I'm not offended by UK at all. Someone earlier in the thread asked why MSU was being considered as a 1-seed, and I responded that they have the most Quad 1 wins in the country.

Then JC for 3 went off on the tangent that MSU lost to Louisville as if that is a bad loss, and MSU has beat no one, and UK beat a bunch of ranked teams (including Louisville), etc.

FIFY

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
No, I was only surprised by your Purdue and UNC choices, they surprised me and I really havehav made a big deal about that. You're deflecting from what I'm really making a big deal out of, which is your belief that a program that hasn't made a ff can't win it all. THAT'S what I'm making a big deal about, but you're deflecting from it and acting like I'm all about UNC and Purdue.

For someone that pissed and moaned about letting people have other opinions, you sure are vigilant when you disagree with someone else’s.

So many dudes caught up in the metrics because they don't know what they're watching when they watch a basketball game (if they do).

Metrics are important because it’s impossible to anyone to watch every game. Teams have bad games and teams have good games. What if your eye test only caught the bad games from a really good team or only caught the good games from a bad team? Metrics help paint a better picture.

So you skated around the most important part. Why does a team have to have been to a FF previously before they can win a title? That might be the dumbest thing I've read on here by a mile.
My 5 teams:
Duke
UVA
Michigan
UK
MSU

I think UT and Gonzaga are just outside of that.

I guess it has to be Michigan that wins the title huh? They're the only ones that have players that have been to a FF. Darn.

Michigan is in your top 5 teams with the chance to win a title but you and the idiots over on RR got your panties twisted when I said their ceiling was higher than a 3 seed.

Nice to see you come full circle.

I mean, he doesn’t bother me or anything. I think most of his takes are a little too homerish for me, but I also agree with some of his points. I could do without the trash talking every thread, no matter what the subject is.

It’s not just that he’s a homer, it’s that he’s looking to troll in every single thread he touches. He’s like that guy who pretended to be married to a model in the way he posts.

Okay, but there are a lot of teams that have those combinations. Gonzaga, Virginia, Tennessee, Villanova etc.. I mean Purdue waswas even ranked until this week and UNC, while talented, has been handled by several teams, one of those teams was unranked, just lost to Pitt and smoked UNC in Chapel Hill.
It's just an odd list. I didn't expect Purdue to make anyones list.
And for UNC to make the list, but UT and UK to he left off is odd.
Maybe because Roy has 3 times as many titles as Cal and Barnes combined? He knows how to win in March and prepares to win in March. Not saying they're world-beaters, but you act so befuddled as to how a poster could pick a top 10 team to have a chance to win it all. You cling too tightly to the Heels' nutsack.

Maybe because Roy has 3 times as many titles as Cal and Barnes combined? He knows how to win in March and prepares to win in March. Not saying they're world-beaters, but you act so befuddled as to how a poster could pick a top 10 team to have a chance to win it all. You cling too tightly to the Heels' nutsack.
Kentucky players have to go to college!

Eyeroll

Yup. He lectured me about letting people have different opinions (when UK fans were saying Michigan was a 3 seed at best with zero chance of being in the 1 seed conversation), yet is getting all up in GE’s ass for putting UNC on his list.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Yup. He lectured me about letting people have different opinions (when UK fans were saying Michigan was a 3 seed at best with zero chance of being in the 1 seed conversation), yet is getting all up in GE’s ass for putting UNC on his list.

Yep. He's a hater.

tenor.gif

Michigan is in your top 5 teams with the chance to win a title but you and the idiots over on RR got your panties twisted when I said their ceiling was higher than a 3 seed.

Nice to see you come full circle.
Sometimes a team has to actually prove what they are. You can't fault anyone for shoving UM aside before the season started. They weren't on anyone's radar.
But, they're starting to show some chinks in their armor. Don't count your chickens just yet.
Looks like UM has their hands full tonight at home.

Well, I'm not quite sure how the heck UNC is in the top 10, they certainly don't look like a 10 team to me.
Seems like they're missing a piece or two.
I just didn't expect to see UNC on anyone's top 5 list. It's really not a big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT