As of Today, Rank Your Top 5 Teams Most Likely to Win the Tourney

I'll stick with who I said a couple of weeks ago in a different thread -
Duke
Kentucky
Gonzaga
Nevada
Michigan

I think that's who I picked at least

No one is saying it isn't. You're the only person implying that. You're just like JC for 3. You're a complete homer and hate when people disagree with you. If they do, you claim that they don't know anything about basketball. When you're literally proven wrong, you say that I'm a UofL fan so I'm automatically going to disagree with you.

That might be the easiest cop out response I've ever seen on this board. You didn't even argue against what I said. You argued against me because there wasn't anything you could deny or prove wrong, so you proceeded to bash me instead. Congrats.

Laughable. Rafters has taught you a lot.

....it ain't homerism, HRT. You, @rockycard (Blockhead) and Barista Boy @UL_1986 pollute this board daily with anti-UK spiel. Sooner or later, you clowns work it in to every thread. I respond in kind. uofl (U6) is my team's biggest rival. I'm supposed to hate them....and I do. What you dolts don't understand is how stupid you look, always 'punching up' at UK. It's a true case of Little Brother Syndrome you U6 knuckleheads put on display here every day, despite how much UK HAS OWNED YOU currently and historically. When you run your mouths like idiots... (ex. YOU with the "Rupp's Racists" stuff)....you're gonna get smacked.

Reactions: RipThru
Kentucky is like a poor mans Duke to me. Tons of youth and the youth isn’t as talented as Duke’s. I could see them make a Final Four with the right draw, but not cutting down the nets.

As for Tennessee, when’s the last time a program made their first Final Four and went on to cut down the nets? That’s a different kind of stage. Tennessee has barely survived home games against bubble teams with the big target on their back. How are they gonna handle a Final Four or Championship game against a team like Duke or Michigan State with coaches who have been there time and time again?

On top of that—and this one isn’t your fault—Tennessee isn’t really facing elite teams in the SEC. Vols have played one elite squad all year, Gonzaga, and the Zags don’t exactly have a track record of excelling in March against long, physical teams. Add in the fact that Tennessee gives up a ton of offensive rebounds...

Is Tennessee a great team? Sure. Can they make a Final Four? Possibly. I’m just not seeing a true title contender.
If u make the Final Four, u are a true title contender, by definition. Stupid logic. Just about everyone in Top 7-8 are true title contenders for the most part.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
If u make the Final Four, u are a true title contender, by definition. Stupid logic. Just about everyone in Top 7-8 are true title contenders for the most part.

Ehh. Notre Dame made the playoffs in football, but no one really thought they had a legit chance of winning the title.

Making the Final Four can be accomplished by beating 3 decent teams and one very good team. Winning the title typically requires beating two top 15 teams and at least one top 5 team. Did anyone really think Loyola Chicago had more than 5% chance to win the championship last year, even after they made the Final Four?

Reactions: dukedevilz
Ehh. Notre Dame made the playoffs in football, but no one really thought they had a legit chance of winning the title.

Making the Final Four can be accomplished by beating 3 decent teams and one very good team. Winning the title typically requires beating two top 15 teams and at least one top 5 team. Did anyone really think Loyola Chicago had more than 5% chance to win the championship last year, even after they made the Final Four?
I said “for the most part”. Some are stronger then others. In a single game elimination, that doesnt matter much.

Loyola was a true Cinderella. Who was the last one? George Mason ten years ago?

....it ain't homerism, HRT. You, @rockycard (Blockhead) and Barista Boy @UL_1986 pollute this board daily with anti-UK spiel. Sooner or later, you clowns work it in to every thread. I respond in kind. uofl (U6) is my team's biggest rival. I'm supposed to hate them....and I do. What you dolts don't understand is how stupid you look, always 'punching up' at UK. It's a true case of Little Brother Syndrome you U6 knuckleheads put on display here every day, despite how much UK HAS OWNED YOU currently and historically. When you run your mouths like idiots... (ex. YOU with the "Rupp's Racists" stuff)....you're gonna get smacked.
This post alone exemplifies what you are as a poster. Not a good look, glad others are finally being objective.

Reactions: HRTheCard
giphy.gif

...it's pretty simple....don't start shit, won't be any shit.
These were your first contributions to this thread. And they were made without provocation by UL fans or the MSU fan you started shit with.

...yeah, anyone that lost to U6 ain't cutting the nets down.

.....U6 won't see the 2nd weekend of the tournament, Blockhead. You clowns lost to Pitt and IU for God's sake.

U6
UNC
Auburn
Miss st.
KU

....let me know when U6 gets wins over at least 4 ranked teams, Blockhead.

Nah, it's just a reminder for rival dolts like you.

No big deal. Just figured I'd point that out.

These were your first contributions to this thread. And they were made without provocation by UL fans or the MSU fan you started shit with.

No big deal. Just figured I'd point that out.

....you can point all day, yet you miss the U6 dudes provoking attempts in other threads. This being a different thread doesn't serve as some sort of 'boundary' in my eyes. I see this board as a whole and throughout it, these U6 clowns spew their garbage. Case in point, HRT's "Rupp's Racists" remark that he has yet to answer for. You think I'm going to forget it because of varying threads?

....not a chance.

UNC has supreme talent all over the court and guys like Luke Maye who have major tourney experience. Purdue has an elite PG and March is ruled by guards.

Also, they are currently 7th and 8th on KenPom. Let’s not act like I picked two random teams out of a hat.
Edwards is not a pg

I said “for the most part”. Some are stronger then others. In a single game elimination, that doesnt matter much.

Loyola was a true Cinderella. Who was the last one? George Mason ten years ago?

How about Syracuse in 2016? Or Michigan State in 2015? Wichita State in 2013? Butler and VCU in 2011? Happens a lot, actually. In the last 8 Final Fours, there have been 9 teams that were a 7 seed or lower. UConn and Kentucky were both vastly under-seeded in 2014, but everyone else was a longshot, IMO.

....you can point all day, yet you miss the U6 dudes provoking attempts in other threads. This being a different thread doesn't serve as some sort of 'boundary' in my eyes. I see this board as a whole and throughout it, these U6 clowns spew their garbage. Case in point, HRT's "Rupp's Racists" remark that he has yet to answer for. You think I'm going to forget it because of varying threads?

....not a chance.
You can do your part and not carry your pillow fights into every thread.

...sounds like the motto of a U6 fan.

Hypocrite. You must have a miserable, boring life being 49 and posting the way you do. You post more about other teams than your own. Duke fan literally proved you started it ITT yet you still try to put on the spin cycle. Not surprising.

I'll stick with who I said a couple of weeks ago in a different thread -
Duke
Kentucky
Gonzaga
Nevada
Michigan

I think that's who I picked at least
Good list, I would replace Nevada with Tennessee and Michigan with UVA though.

Hypocrite. You must have a miserable, boring life being 49 and posting the way you do. You post more about other teams than your own. Duke fan literally proved you started it ITT yet you still try to put on the spin cycle. Not surprising.

...says the guy that still can't own up to the spew launched here in threads leading up to the UK v U6 game, after which went missing for 2 weeks.

Your own Mike Rutherford summed up perfectly the miserable existence of being a U6 fan...

Stages of following Kentucky basketball as a UofL fan:

1. They're gonna be really good
2. Maybe they're not as good as I thought
3. We might be able to beat these guys
4. We lost to those guys
5. How the f--k did we lose to those guys?
6. Ok they're good
7. Please lose in March

...at least he doesn't go racial with this like you did.

Which team do ya"ll think is a nightmare matchup for each title contender?

Duke's kryptonite is a team that can drive, spread the floor and knock down 3 pointers at a very high clip. Gonzaga is a team that is fully capable of knocking us off.

For Kentucky, it would be Duke again because we're simply a better version of them at every position except maybe Hagans vs Tre Jones. Herro can't shoot over Reddish, Keldon can't really slow down RJ, PJ is no match for Zion and Reid Travis struggles against athletic bigs with size like Bolden.

For UVA, I think it would be any team that has multiple guys who create their own shot. The rim was wide open for Zion and RJ in our 1st game so it seems like a team that has the length and athleticism to switch 1-5 could give UVA a lot of trouble. Duke, UK and even Michigan aren't great matchups for them.

1. They're gonna be really good
2. Maybe they're not as good as I thought
3. We might be able to beat these guys
4. We lost to those guys
5. How the f--k did we lose to those guys?
6. Ok they're good
7. Please lose in March
Here's how the rest of college basketball views Kentucky throughout a typical season.

1. They're nowhere near as good as they think they are.
2. Haha
3. They beat Louisville. They're doing better.
4. Haha
5. They're starting to think they're ok again.
6. Ok they think they're the favorites because they won the SEC tournament
7. Haha they believe there's a conspiracy against them

I can only guess who you’re replying to, the ignore feature seems to be working great.

Here's how the rest of college basketball views Kentucky throughout a typical season.

2. Haha
4. Haha
Laughing

2. Haha
4. Haha

...funny stuff, KU guy. If only you had the last laugh. You don't.

2. Haha
4. Haha
If that is how college basketball views UK, I'd hate to see how they view KU who has way less tourney success than UK since Cal has been here (Edit: or ever for that matter).

Last edited:
Good list, I would replace Nevada with Tennessee and Michigan with UVA though.

I said last time I didn't pick them because one it's no fun picking the 5 best teams and two I don't trust Rick Barnes in March nor UVA's style of play. This could be the season both fully breakthrough into the F4. We'll see.

Reactions: bignish
@JC for 3

You come across as a UK version of unc fan in ky. Do you think that guy is a good poster? Might be some time for some self reflection.

UNC guy is not what I would call a good poster. He was exposed as a liar here for all to see. That isn't something that I've done here. Find a post where I'm lying.... about anything. (opinions aren't lies by the way).

...If I wanted your advice, Hail, I'd ask for it. Don't worry about me. Enjoy your 2013 title, enjoy the successful season your team is having and if you don't want to be bothered by my retaliatory shots at U6, use the ignore button.

UNC guy is not what I would call a good poster. He was exposed as a liar here for all to see. That isn't something that I've done here. Find a post where I'm lying.... about anything. (opinions aren't lies by the way).

...If I wanted your advice, Hail, I'd ask for it. Don't worry about me. Enjoy your 2013 title, enjoy the successful season your team is having and if you don't want to be bothered by my retaliatory shots at U6, use the ignore button.

Nobody accused you of lying. It's more that you spend most of your time posting about other teams and their fans than you do your own. Does it ever get old to you?

Reactions: sgrooms
Nobody accused you of lying. It's more that you spend most of your time posting about other teams and their fans than you do your own. Does it ever get old to you?

As I said before, those posts are in response to that various U6 idiots that pollute this board. They do it in various threads, so I respond in various threads. I don't see the need to keep my responses limited to specific threads when these clowns keep 'punching up' at UK in any given thread.

My posts involve UK practically every time.... either in defending them or talking about them and how they've gotten better throughout the season.

ADVERTISEMENT