ADVERTISEMENT

Any guesses as to who Cal was talking about?

1st. Not sure why you're acting like the players were in any more danger at IU compared to win fans are on the court at any other place? Actually, there have been instances since then at other places where the players have actually had problems with fans. The longer the NCAA allows it to happen the closer we're getting to a very bad situation happening. But, to act like the players were in so much more danger at IU, is comical.

2nd. Crean was a douch and isn't the coach anymore and was actually fired 3 years ago. So, not sure why you're even bringing his name up?

3rd. Are you insinuating that IU Needs UK anymore then UK needs them? You're acting like IU can't pick up the phone to anyone and get a game....just like UK can. Now granted, with Crean there, he only wanted to schedule sub 250 games. But, as soon as the game with UK was canceled talks with UL, Kansas and I believe UCLA(?) started. They settled with a 3 or 4 year serious with UL that just ended. But, if Crean wasn't a pussy, he could have scheduled 4, or 5 of the biggest names in college basketball. So, not sure why you're acting like somehow UK is important enough to be able to dictate the terms either?

4th. We do agree on this one though.....I agree, I hope IU never schedules a game with UK again. Unless UK isn't going to act like a entitled bitch and is willing to compromise.....there's no point in even talking about it.

Compromise? That's all UK has done. He's made it plain he won't go back to AH, so he suggested neutral sites. What do you call that?

What about the situation with the Maryland kid? I guess an object didn't come flying out of the stands at him either? (there's video)

UK and its coaches and administration never mention IU anymore. Fred Glass and Archie Miller have recently brought it up. Care to explain why?

1st. Not sure why you're acting like the players were in any more danger at IU compared to win fans are on the court at any other place? Actually, there have been instances since then at other places where the players have actually had problems with fans. The longer the NCAA allows it to happen the closer we're getting to a very bad situation happening. But, to act like the players were in so much more danger at IU, is comical.

2nd. Crean was a douch and isn't the coach anymore and was actually fired 3 years ago. So, not sure why you're even bringing his name up?

3rd. Are you insinuating that IU Needs UK anymore then UK needs them? You're acting like IU can't pick up the phone to anyone and get a game....just like UK can. Now granted, with Crean there, he only wanted to schedule sub 250 games. But, as soon as the game with UK was canceled talks with UL, Kansas and I believe UCLA(?) started. They settled with a 3 or 4 year serious with UL that just ended. But, if Crean wasn't a pussy, he could have scheduled 4, or 5 of the biggest names in college basketball. So, not sure why you're acting like somehow UK is important enough to be able to dictate the terms either?

4th. We do agree on this one though.....I agree, I hope IU never schedules a game with UK again. Unless UK isn't going to act like a entitled bitch and is willing to compromise.....there's no point in even talking about it.

UK replaced IU in a minute. It took several years before IU picked up UL to replace UK. Sorry. IU can't pick up the phone and replace UK with a great home and home game.

Reactions: catman111

Jace, I do not want to short change you because you made a good and cogent post.

But please tell me who the great teams are that IU could have called. You named Kansas, UL and UCLA. They got a few games with UL. When are the Kansas and UCLA games coming? (UCLA is way, way below IU at the moment, so that is not an improvement; however, in 2012 UCLA was way up that.)

Since then UK has played all the teams that you mentioned.

So anyway, UK is now down on the low limb. UK is subjected to playing lowly teams like Evansville and Utah.

Now poor old UK can't schedule any good team. UK can't do jack shit.

But that really makes me happy because the NCAA selection committee does not reward good OOC games. So I would like to see UK not schedule good teams; however, we are into some of those early contracts. UK can't walk away from those million dollar contracts that Indiana can't even smell.

However, Crean now gets to play UK once or twice a year. Crean should really be happy.

I mean, we really don’t need Indiana. I don’t think they need us either, though. We do just fine non conference most years. And I don’t blame Cal one bit for not wanting to go back to Bloomington

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
Lol...it pains some of you that Kentucky isn’t as important as some of you guys think. Good stuff.

Tell TT that lol.... Game day at Auburn this Saturday.. I think its IU is not as important as they would like to be lol. Their fans are the worst. We have a much more dislikable past, on both sides, with them than you guys.

UK is pretty important. Ticket prices go up when UK comes to town. SmokinSmile

I think your avatar has possessed you lol RollLaugh

No game has infuriated me as much as the IU game in December 2011. IU's fans, team, coach and administration acted without any class at all.

I understand that statements like that may piss off Indiana fans, but it was a dangerous place for UK's players to be. Why should UK ever go back to Assembly hall for a repeat? I don't blame Cal at all for it sticking with him.

After the game Crean strutted like a game cock and the AD tried to dictate terms to the UK administration as to where the games would be played.

UK does not need to play any team, but Indiana thought that UK HAD to play Indiana. Well they now know different.

I hope the UK never renews the series.
Just out of curiosity, Bert----Were you at the game?

"A dangerous place"? How was IU students rushing the floor any different than say some 13th place SEC team does it, when they happen to beat UK?

When UK won at IU by 17 in 2009, how come IU wasn't as dangerous? Seems you guys escaped mayhem then? Why? Maybe winning changes ones view?

IU thought UK HAD to play Indiana? Why is that? And BTW, congrats on replacing that Indiana date with Baylor. How'd that turn out?

Here's the thing---and I love ya Bert----But your hate, among others as well, really distorts the truth here. Yeah I am sure some IU fans acted their asses. What fan base doesn't? The real truth? Cal's god damn feelings and ego got hurt. So he took his ball, and went home. And its even more obvious today----Dude is still yapping about that game some 9 god damn years later.

Reactions: Steelers2012
UK replaced IU in a minute. It took several years before IU picked up UL to replace UK. Sorry. IU can't pick up the phone and replace UK with a great home and home game.
With ****ing Baylor----who promptly came into Rupp, and spanked your ass. Then, your next 4 December games were: Samford, Portland, Libscomb and Marshall.

Yeah, you showed us..Laughing

Following year? You played Providence in Brooklyn. PROVIDENCE. And Baylor again---And LOST again. Your other Dec games? Boise State and Belmont.

Got us again...Laughing

Following season---You got Texas. Got fortunate---they were pretty good. Still, instead of Indiana for 12/7, or 12/10---You played Columbia and EKU...:eek:

So, in the 3 or 4 seasons after cancelling the IU series, Cal, using UK's power, went out and scheduled----Baylor, Providence, UCLA and Texas...

Yeah, replaced that game with some big time, marquee programs, huh?Laughing

Give it a god damn break, Bert. Your hate for Indiana is not healthy.

Just out of curiosity, Bert----Were you at the game?

"A dangerous place"? How was IU students rushing the floor any different than say some 13th place SEC team does it, when they happen to beat UK?

When UK won at IU by 17 in 2009, how come IU wasn't as dangerous? Seems you guys escaped mayhem then? Why? Maybe winning changes ones view?

IU thought UK HAD to play Indiana? Why is that? And BTW, congrats on replacing that Indiana date with Baylor. How'd that turn out?

Here's the thing---and I love ya Bert----But your hate, among others as well, really distorts the truth here. Yeah I am sure some IU fans acted their asses. What fan base doesn't? The real truth? Cal's god damn feelings and ego got hurt. So he took his ball, and went home. And its even more obvious today----Dude is still yapping about that game some 9 god damn years later.

IU did what they did in prison riot fashion. You continue to try to spin it otherwise, downplay it, whatever. Better you having to do this than me.

With ****ing Baylor----who promptly came into Rupp, and spanked your ass. Then, your next 4 December games were: Samford, Portland, Libscomb and Marshall.

Yeah, you showed us..Laughing

Following year? You played Providence in Brooklyn. PROVIDENCE. And Baylor again---And LOST again. Your other Dec games? Boise State and Belmont.

Got us again...Laughing

Following season---You got Texas. Got fortunate---they were pretty good. Still, instead of Indiana for 12/7, or 12/10---You played Columbia and EKU...:eek:

So, in the 3 or 4 seasons after cancelling the IU series, Cal, using UK's power, went out and scheduled----Baylor, Providence, UCLA and Texas...

Yeah, replaced that game with some big time, marquee programs, huh?Laughing

Give it a god damn break, Bert. Your hate for Indiana is not healthy.
You're a better UK fan than I am. I couldn't have told you all that. :confused:

Lol what in the world are you talking about? Pitino was the one who reached out publicly about starting up the series the following year. The only reason it didn’t happen the next year was because Crean was a pussy and wanted more sub 250 opponents.

Jace, I do not want to short change you because you made a good and cogent post.

But please tell me who the great teams are that IU could have called. You named Kansas, UL and UCLA. They got a few games with UL. When are the Kansas and UCLA games coming? (UCLA is way, way below IU at the moment, so that is not an improvement; however, in 2012 UCLA was way up that.)

Since then UK has played all the teams that you mentioned.

So anyway, UK is now down on the low limb. UK is subjected to playing lowly teams like Evansville and Utah.

Now poor old UK can't schedule any good team. UK can't do jack shit.

But that really makes me happy because the NCAA selection committee does not reward good OOC games. So I would like to see UK not schedule good teams; however, we are into some of those early contracts. UK can't walk away from those million dollar contracts that Indiana can't even smell.

However, Crean now gets to play UK once or twice a year. Crean should really be happy.
Hanks for the thought out response.

You are correct about how IU hasn’t tried to hard to schedule much competition since the 2nd Saturday of December opened up for them.....and that does irritate me. But, it’s not because they don’t still have enough “pull” to be able to pick up the phone with the biggest names to schedule a game. Instead, it’s because Crean was one of the biggest pussies I’ve ever seen when it came to scheduling. It’s why the last time IU won the B1G Outright (the year they beat UK in the round of 32) they were only a 5 seed in the tournament.

Even though the product IUhas been putting out onto the court for 20+ years has usually been substandard, the brand still has a shtload of pulling power. It’s why IU was the 3rd most profitable college basketball team last year. Actually, UK was only 1 spot above them in the #2 spot.

Neither brand needs the other one in order to be successful.

Bert, I’ve got my kids and wife wanting to spend some time right now, so I honestly don’t have the time to spend much time here Tonight, but I’ll be more then happy to talk more about it with you either later tonight, or tomorrow.

Just curious for your honest opinion, is that the biggest moment for IU in the past 10 years?
Just curious, will UK fans ever get over that shot? And no, not even close. But it is close to knocking UK out of NCAA's.:D

ADVERTISEMENT