ADVERTISEMENT

Any guesses as to who Cal was talking about?

Stop being a hypocrite.
You post in plenty of non UK threads.
Biggest hypocrites on this board. I mean how dare someone post in a thread not related to their team? Lol. I swear some of these morons post the first retort that pops in their feeble minds. Sad!

Reactions: uncfan in ky
....well talking NBA w/me is definitely deflecting.
You mentioned Eric Bledsoe.. last time I checked he doesn’t play in college my dear man. Try and stay on course...you know the course that you initiated. o_O

I wonder how many of you would get on your knees for Cal..Laughing ??

I know Jar....hmm I mean Incognito would! :p

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Biggest hypocrites on this board. I mean how dare someone post in a thread not related to their team? Lol. I swear some of these morons post the first retort that pops in their feeble minds. Sad!
Agreed. Most need to just hang on their home board.

Reactions: UL_1986
Lol, I’m just ****in around. Idrc. Rozier did get overpaid, but might as well take it. He’s actually averaging good numbers this year...it’s just the fact that Charlotte as a whole is a dumpster fire organization. I do like their team though with Rozier, Devonte Graham and PJ Washington. Just don’t see them getting an 8 seed this year. Maybe in a couple years they can make the playoffs.

I think the bolded is both accurate and depressing. They have a lot of work to do. If Monk can get going (he had a nice game the other night, but he's been awful), they have a core of 5 young-ish guys with starter upside (still haven't given up on Miles Bridges!). But none of them have even borderline All-Star upside (realistic, 95th percentile upside, not 99.9 percentile upside), so I'm not sure where they go from here. If they hit on someone like SGA or Mitchell or a similar late lottery type of prospect, maybe they can get to the #4 or #5 seed in the East. Reminds me of the Bulls (my team). Even Lori is plateauing at "meh" (and don't get me started on Zach "The Floor Raiser" LaVine).

I think the bolded is both accurate and depressing. They have a lot of work to do. If Monk can get going (he had a nice game the other night, but he's been awful), they have a core of 5 young-ish guys with starter upside (still haven't given up on Miles Bridges!). But none of them have even borderline All-Star upside (realistic, 95th percentile upside, not 99.9 percentile upside), so I'm not sure where they go from here. If they hit on someone like SGA or Mitchell or a similar late lottery type of prospect, maybe they can get to the #4 or #5 seed in the East. Reminds me of the Bulls (my team). Even Lori is plateauing at "meh" (and don't get me started on Zach "The Floor Raiser" LaVine).
Agreed on all points. Monk is looking good, and I completely forgot about Bridges. It’s a young core, but I def concur. SGA would be a huggggge pickup, same with Donovan, but I don’t see those guys leaving their teams. Unless they pay them a copious amount of money, which I just don’t see them having cap space for. Who knows though.

You took a swipe at Cal, I responded with something that happened during a UK/U6 game that I'm sure you watched. What I said had zero to do with NBA stuff.
A swipe? Lol

Hop off this mans penis. I didn’t realize you had such a profound love for Calipari. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: jace4655555
Dude, he's UK's coach, has had best success of anyone in the past 10 years in all of college basketball and he's 11-2 vs. U6. What's not to like?
You just seem sensitive over a joke. I’m sorry that your love runs so deep to the point where you literally can’t take a joke. I’ll be more cautious next time a mention the chubby Italian around you. My lord...Laughing

You just seem sensitive over a joke. I’m sorry that your love runs so deep to the point where you literally can’t take a joke. I’ll be more cautious next time a mention the chubby Italian around you. My lord...Laughing

You being cautious?? That'd be a first. Especially when it has anything to do with UK.

...If I'm talking about Cal w/U6 fans, I can really only talk about him since he's been at UK. Comprende'?
You said he's had the best success of anybody these past 10 years but he's only a top 5 coach all time of the current coaches.

Very similar to us bringing up how Duke is the #1 program of our lifetimes but you can't handle it and have to tell us that Kentucky is #1 all time.

You said he's had the best success of anybody these past 10 years but he's only a top 5 coach all time of the current coaches.

Very similar to us bringing up how Duke is the #1 program of our lifetimes but you can't handle it and have to tell us that Kentucky is #1 all time.

Watched UK win 4 titles in my lifetime and given the added title of most wins all-time, yes, UK is still #1 program of all-time.
Dummies out there try to say stupid shit like Cal 'can't coach'. You don't get into the HOF unless you can.

Reactions: catman111
Watched UK win 4 titles in my lifetime and given the added title of most wins all-time, yes, UK is still #1 program of all-time.
Dummies out there try to say stupid shit like Cal 'can't coach'. You don't get into the HOF unless you can.
Cool.

If Cal is the best coach of the last 10 years can you admit that Kentucky is not the best program of your lifetime then?

Cool.

If Cal is the best coach of the last 10 years can you admit that Kentucky is not the best program of your lifetime then?

Too many statistical levels of college basketball achievement say otherwise. (All time wins, 2nd overall in Championships...just to name a couple) I'm probably older than you too, so not sure why you, a KU fan or whatever, would want to go down this road.

Too many statistical levels of college basketball achievement say otherwise. (All time wins, 2nd overall in Championships...just to name a couple) I'm probably older than you too, so not sure why you, a KU fan or whatever, would want to go down this road.
I want to go down this road because I want to see how consistent you are with your arguments.

I just think if somebody can look at John Calipari, a man who is probably behind K, Roy and Izzo in the all time coaching rankings, and say "he's the best coach of the last 10 years", then they'd also be fine with saying Kentucky, a program with less national championships, less tournament wins, less Final Fours and less overall wins than Duke or North Carolina since he was born, is only the 3rd best program of his lifetime.

I want to go down this road because I want to see how consistent you are with your arguments.

I just think if somebody can look at John Calipari, a man who is probably behind K, Roy and Izzo in the all time coaching rankings, and say "he's the best coach of the last 10 years", then they'd also be fine with saying Kentucky, a program with less national championships, less tournament wins, less Final Fours and less overall wins than Duke or North Carolina since he was born, is only the 3rd best program of his lifetime.

I said he's had the most success the last 10 years.
Title, Final Fours, E8's, wins back that up.
I was born in 69' as well so not sure your numbers are right.

Agreed on all points. Monk is looking good, and I completely forgot about Bridges. It’s a young core, but I def concur. SGA would be a huggggge pickup, same with Donovan, but I don’t see those guys leaving their teams. Unless they pay them a copious amount of money, which I just don’t see them having cap space for. Who knows though.

Didn't mean them specifically, just someone with that upside available in the late lottery where they'll most likely be picking. Like someone in the Frank Kaminsky draft range, but good.

So you're going with just your opinion? cool.

I'll stick with FACTS.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...eatest-college-basketball-program-of-all-time

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...anks-kentucky-no-1-program-all-time/99781100/

....oh and let's not forget... FIVE coaches have one titles at UK. NOT ONE other program can say that.
Sorry. I used the wrong words again.

Kentucky has only had the 4th most success of all programs during your lifetime. I keep misquoting your original words. I am a dummy though.

Glad we got that cleared up.

Lol once you reference a curious urinal article, the validity of your argument soars out of the window. Soars I tell you!

Just don't use timeframes anymore.

I thought you knew that, because you tell everybody else how dumb they are, but apparently you need to be taught that as well.

Again....it was in discussing Cal with a U6 fan. Kinda have to talk about the Cal era at UK in that instance.

Again....it was in discussing Cal with a U6 fan. Kinda have to talk about the Cal era at UK in that instance.
Sure. I get that.

Just want to say though...

I was born in 1979. Kentucky is a distant 3rd behind Duke and North Carolina when it comes to program success during my lifetime.

I feel like for those people born in 1969, Kentucky has had arguably the 4th most success. Possibly 3rd.

That's kind of OT, but most threads these days go OT so not sorry, OP.

I honestly can’t remember what this thread was even about. However, Calipari still has man tits and has probably never thrown a punch in his life. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT