ADVERTISEMENT

Agent Zero Makes Harsh Allegations About One of the Top ACC Schools

I am saying that he better have proof. Because that's a hell of an accusation.
That's a pretty silly statement. He doesn't need proof. He's not a journalist. He's not going to come under legal scrutiny for saying it. There's literally no reason for him to need proof other than to prevent Duke fans from pulling the wool over their eyes.

We’ll probably never know. He doesn’t seem like the type too fond of snitching, so he’s not going to name names.
Seems like a snitch to me. Whether he names players or not.

That's a pretty silly statement. He doesn't need proof. He's not a journalist. He's not going to come under legal scrutiny for saying it. There's literally no reason for him to need proof other than to prevent Duke fans from pulling the wool over their eyes.
You don't think there are consequences for accusing a program of a crime if you don't have proof? Slandering a program could easily land you in civil court.

Honest question... can you sue a "program" for slander/libel? I assumed it was limited to suing people, although I'm admittedly not a lawyer.

You don't think there are consequences for accusing a program of a crime if you don't have proof? Slandering a program could easily land you in civil court.

Something tells me that No Chill Gil doesn’t have to worry about being sued for his incoherent Instagram rambling.

He wasn't just accusing Duke of doing it... he was actually implying that Kentucky does it too... like, "Why would someone go to Duke for free rather than go to Kentucky and get paid?"

I think everyone pays. No way there is so much money involved but the top people don't pay.

And Gilbert is still butthurt from 2001.

He wasn't just accusing Duke of doing it... he was actually implying that Kentucky does it too... like, "Why would someone go to Duke for free rather than go to Kentucky and get paid?"

I think everyone pays. No way there is so much money involved but the top people don't pay.

I thought he was implying "Why would any player go to Duke over Kentucky w/o being paid". ;)

Then there's the 2 "Duke" players.

I thought he was implying "Why would any player go to Duke over Kentucky w/o being paid". ;)

Then there's the 2 "Duke" players.

Oh, he definitely referenced two Duke guys (gotta assume Marvin and Zion?) But I think the overall implication was that everyone is doing it. I mean, it wouldn't really make sense to think that a player would *only* choose Duke over Kentucky if Duke paid when Kentucky didn't... it's not like Kentucky has some huge advantage in coaching or facilities or connections or whatever over Duke.

Back around 2009, Gilbert Arenas was a weekly topic on PTI and Around the Horn. Good to see that he’s still making news for things that happen off the court. Always one of my favorites.

I find it hard to believe rational basketball fans think their school hasn't played players that were totally on the take.

Cue the “don’t try to drag us down to your level” cries.Laughing

I wouldn’t expect a fan to concede that their coach is involved without proof, but at the very least, fans of top schools should be able to admit that it’s highly likely that some or many of their athletes have accepted something from someone.

Reactions: RichardMassive

That's not what he said at all, so I'm not sure why you'd put quotation marks around your own thoughts.

He actually said he's not sure why a player would go to Duke over UK unless they're getting paid.

Reactions: HawksJ and RipThru

And if they do not sue, shall we assume it was because he has the ultimate defense to a libel suit?

And Duke doesn't want the trouble that would come from fighting that when they know they've been paying players. Zero risk.

That's not what he said at all, so I'm not sure why you'd put quotation marks around your own thoughts.

He actually said he's not sure why a player would go to Duke over UK unless they're getting paid.
I can see the argument for what Dude said. It’s tough to tell though because of how it was worded.

I do tend to agree with you though. His last sentence implies that Duke guys are getting paid so it’s more plausible that he meant “why would a player go to Duke over Kentucky unless they are getting money?”

I hope he tweets out some clarification. Anything will do.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
The best part about assumptions is that we can use them to believe whatever we want to believe.

He may not be talking about Duke itself and that is one potential big can of worms for Duke to open in a lawsuit. He did not say Duke paid them, just they got paid to go to Duke.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Cue the “don’t try to drag us down to your level” cries.Laughing

I wouldn’t expect a fan to concede that their coach is involved without proof, but at the very least, fans of top schools should be able to admit that it’s highly likely that some or many of their athletes have accepted something from someone.
Be more vague.

You mean like me saying you are a pedo.

Put your victim card back. Nobody is chastising you.
I'm not playing victim. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your post. You made an assumption and then tried claiming my point was invalid because it's an assumption. It was a moronic, illogical claim.

I'm not playing victim. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your post. You made an assumption and then tried claiming my point was invalid because it's an assumption. It was a moronic claim.
Tell me, what assumption did I make?

You didn't make a point. You made an accusation based on assumptions.

Tell me, what assumption did I make?

You didn't make a point. You made an accusation based on assumptions.
"You don't think there are consequences for accusing a program of a crime if you don't have proof?"

There are no consequences to this, and you just assumed he has no proof.

I'll bet you whatever you want that Arenas never sees a day in court over this.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT