ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 CBB Players of the last 25 Years

Trae Young at #10 and Jalen Brunson at #25? Are you kidding me?!

Young wasn't the NPOY in 2018, Brunson was. Young won exactly 0 NCAA Tournament games. Brunson was a 2x National Champion. These rankings are greatly flawed.
It's just really inconsistent. If you are going to hype individual accomplishments like with the Young vs Brunson argument, you have to have Michael Beasley higher IMO. His single season at KSU rivals every other player on the list, including Durant, who he has at #1.

It's just really inconsistent. If you are going to hype individual accomplishments like with the Young vs Brunson argument, you have to have Michael Beasley higher IMO. His single season at KSU rivals every other player on the list, including Durant, who he has at #1.

Agreed. 26 and 12 are obscene averages. I think some downplay Beasley because he wasn't a superstar in the NBA like a lot of the other OADs. But, he was crazy dominant in 2008.

I saw a lot of both Durant and Beasley in college, and I think Durant was head and shoulders above him. Beasley had a less talented supporting cast, which boosted his numbers a bit.

Last edited:
I saw a lot of both Durant and Beasley in college, and I think Durant was head and shoulders above him. Beasley had a less talented supporting cast.
Durant was more electric but damn was Beasley good. And that less talent meant he had to do a hell of a lot more on his own, like this.....

Durant was more electric but damn was Beasley good. And that less talent meant he had to do a hell of a lot more on his own, like this.....

He was really good. I just don't think he was at Durant's level. When Durant was on (which was most of the time), he couldn't be stopped. And it came effortlessly.

Trae Young at #10 and Jalen Brunson at #25? Are you kidding me?!

Young wasn't the NPOY in 2018, Brunson was. Young won exactly 0 NCAA Tournament games. Brunson was a 2x National Champion. These rankings are greatly flawed.
Dont disagree, but best player isn't awlays on the best team. I personally think Trae was the better player, TBH

ADVERTISEMENT