ADVERTISEMENT

Agent Zero Makes Harsh Allegations About One of the Top ACC Schools

Sure... and if I recall correctly, nearly every player Duke has landed in the last five years was also recruited by Kentucky, right? Duke has more Top 5 all time recruits than UK, K has twice as many Top 3 picks than Cal and five times as many titles, Duke has more all-time McDonalds All Americans than UK, Duke has more lottery picks all time than UK, Duke has more than twice as many followers on social media than UK, and more people watch Duke than Kentucky on TV...

You realize, just as I do, that there are a million reasons a kid would pick Duke over Kentucky that have nothing to do with getting paid, same as there are a million reasons a kid would pick Kentucky over Duke. You never know what will appeal to a kid, be it future teammates or campuses or facilities or connections with the coaching staff or any number of things.

But I don't think you are one of the Raftards who thinks that the ONLY reason a player would ever pick Duke over Kentucky is because of payments, right?

All of that is great for ANY student-athlete. What, you think basketball players don't care about stuff like that? Of course they do:)

And yeah, former players know... #TheBrotherhood
The elite players do not care at all that Duke is a better school for academics than Kentucky is. As far as offering things from a basketball perspective, Kentucky is the top of the class. Unless you count getting paid, we are finding out !

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I just searched top party schools and neither KU or UK are on the list of the top 25.

Horses > wheat fields

The Lawrence/KC area isn't very representative of the rest of the state. Which is why the aggie school down the road doesn't like us. That and the fact that KU has won about 60 of the last 65 basketball games.

The implication there can easily be seen as "Do you think that players are going to Duke without being paid over Kentucky, where they ARE being paid."
giphy.gif

Don’t even get me started on who has hotter chicks RollLaugh
giphy.gif

Seems like a snitch to me. Whether he names players or not.

You don't think there are consequences for accusing a program of a crime if you don't have proof? Slandering a program could easily land you in civil court.
Slander is extremely difficult to prove, especially when concerning public entities. The chances of him facing repercussions are minisculely above 0%.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Gilbert played at Arizona. .Right ?
He played in the NBA.....Right?

No connections to Duke.....right?

He's not an agent...an AAU handler, etc, etc...

Right?

Ok. Then how the **** does he know who got paid [@Duke]?

If I were him, I'd be more concerned with my alma mater.

Reactions: ceilo77
Gilbert played at Arizona. .Right ?
He played in the NBA.....Right?

No connections to Duke.....right?

He's not an agent...an AAU handler, etc, etc...

Right?

Ok. Then how the **** does he know who got paid [@Duke]?

If I were him, I'd be more concerned with my alma mater.

Every basketball player who is halfway decent gets something for attending a certain college.
Schools like Duke and UNC have been doing it for years. Don't know who is more dirtier.

"You don't think there are consequences for accusing a program of a crime if you don't have proof?"

There are no consequences to this, and you just assumed he has no proof.

I'll bet you whatever you want that Arenas never sees a day in court over this.
I mean, I wouldn't say no consequences. I mean accusing a University , basketball program, and or a coach...of a federal crime, ain't something to sneeze at. I mean you are probably right. Doubtful this would ever go to court . But, well, I mean, if Duke officials call his ass out...They'd have a gripe; If no proof.

Every basketball player who is halfway decent gets something for attending a certain college.
Schools like Duke and UNC have been doing it for years. Don't know who is more dirtier.
Ok.

And that explains how Arenas knows what's going on at Duke........how?

Ok.

And that explains how Arenas knows what's going on at Duke........how?

Players talk and compare how much they got in NBA locker rooms.
Arenas didn't get much out of high school. Going to take notice what other players say especially when you are an All Star Guard.

Reactions: ZonaCat2301
Lots of people know lots of stuff. A local high school coach I know has talked with me about Duke paying kids. It’s all very interconnected.

While I could see an occasional one and doner to go to Duke over UK, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Duke is doing something illegal to get so many kids to pick their schools over UK. The proof is in the pudding. Cal prepares these kids much better for the league in their 8 months in college than K.

The elite players do not care at all that Duke is a better school for academics than Kentucky is. As far as offering things from a basketball perspective, Kentucky is the top of the class. Unless you count getting paid, we are finding out !
How do you know this? What does UK have that Duke doesn’t.

While I could see an occasional one and doner to go to Duke over UK, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Duke is doing something illegal to get so many kids to pick their schools over UK. The proof is in the pudding. Cal prepares these kids much better for the league in their 8 months in college than K.
Wrong.

How do you know this? What does UK have that Duke doesn’t.
More players in the NBA? More titles? More All Americans? More wins? Do you want me to keep going?

And I know this because if academics mattered to one and dones than Duke would get all of them and regular public universities wouldn’t get any. Elite players go where they will be most comfortable for one or two years. Not because they want to be future CEOs after two years of undergrad school.

More players in the NBA? More titles? More All Americans? More wins? Do you want me to keep going?

And I know this because if academics mattered to one and dones than Duke would get all of them and regular public universities wouldn’t get any. Elite players go where they will be most comfortable for one or two years. Not because they want to be future CEOs after two years of undergrad school.
Those same kids don’t care about the 50’s. How many titles since these kids were 10 or 11.

You really think that elite players care about any of that? Maybe the more players in the league thing, but even there the difference is probably minimal. Plus, they know they're getting there regardless of which they choose.

In these athletes' lifetime, Duke has been the most prestigious and successful program.

You really think that elite players care about any of that? Maybe the more players in the league thing, but even there the difference is probably minimal. Plus, they know they're getting there regardless of which they choose.

In these athletes' lifetime, Duke has been the most prestigious and successful program.
About as much as they do academics. Wasn’t my argument to begin with

So you're saying that before 2015 Duke wasn't, then who was? They would've been . . . what . . . 13 years old? Probably never heard of KAT, Jamal Murray, Booker, AD, Fox, Monk, which means they probably had never even heard of basketball until they were juniors in high school, which would mean that indeed, Duke was the only prestigious school if they only had a 2 year basketball career to that point in their lives. I always thought they started younger than junior year, though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT