ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Thread

Did Ingram not grab the rim on his putback? Something Green got a tech for.

Ingram has been tremendous, by the way.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Did Ingram not grab the rim on his putback? Something Green got a tech for.

Ingram has been tremendous, by the way.
I must have missed it. I think the grab, hold, and then rebound was why the tech was called. I might be wrong though and Ingram got away with one.

Good game Nole. Always hate the games at FSU because they are always tough. That’s definitely a tournament team, but now just need to build the tournament resume.

Glad to see Hubert turned around UNC after last season.
I’ll give credit where it’s due. I ate crow after the run to the finals his first season, then kept my mouth shut during last season, but I’m really impressed with a lot of the adjustments he’s made with the team, both between games and in games this season.

Tough game. I thought Ingram definitely grabbed the rim. What a stupid rule btw. Just give the ball to the other team.

FSU is always so tough. With a true realy good PG they would be dangerous.
I don’t know how I missed it. Maybe I was putting my hands in the air out of frustration. Happened a lot in spurts today.

I agree though. Should just be change in possession.

I must have missed it. I think the grab, hold, and then rebound was why the tech was called. I might be wrong though and Ingram got away with one.

Good game Nole. Always hate the games at FSU because they are always tough. That’s definitely a tournament team, but now just need to build the tournament resume.

Yeah we are a tournament quality team for sure. Long. Deep. Guys who can score in a variety of ways. But we have a lot of work to do on the resume.

I think we really might need to go 8-3 or even 9-2 in our final 11 ACC games to make it. But given the state of the league, maybe that’s not impossible.

Tough game. I thought Ingram definitely grabbed the rim. What a stupid rule btw. Just give the ball to the other team.

FSU is always so tough. With a true realy good PG they would be dangerous.

I think Primo and Warley has started to be a nice combo. Since Jan 1, FSU is a top 25 team according to Torvik. But we were legit not a top 150 team in December. Getting Primo eligible was huge. And Corhen healthy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think Primo and Warley has started to be a nice combo. Since Jan 1, FSU is a top 25 team according to Torvik. But we were legit not a top 150 team in December. Getting Primo eligible was huge. And Corhen healthy.

Yeah, Primo missed the first game with UNC. Nice player. They are certainly a formidable team currently.

Reactions: GE Nole
Brutal bailout call to give Duke the win. I know Corey has to tow the company line but he was a little too vocal defending that one. Tyrese was out of control and just flung himself and the ball towards the basket.

Brutal bailout call to give Duke the win. I know Corey has to tow the company line but he was a little too vocal defending that one. Tyrese was out of control and just flung himself and the ball towards the basket.
Yup. Gotta take the refs out of the equation late in the second half to win on the road.

Though I hate, ref has to make that call. When you hit a shooter on the forearm and the shot only gets half way to the rim, gotta call it.

Clemson lost it with the turnovers with under two minutes to go.

Reactions: ceilo77
Though I hate, ref has to make that call. When you hit a shooter on the forearm and the shot only gets half way to the rim, gotta call it.

Clemson lost it with the turnovers with under two minutes to go.

Eh, his arm was straight up, or seemed to be to me. That is what defenders are told to do. Jump and put your arms straight up. It's not a foul just because there is contact. But I can see it both ways. I also despise Brownell so don't hate him losing.

Clemson got f**ked! On the other hand though, if they don’t turn the ball over two times there at the end that call prolly doesn’t happen.

Eh, his arm was straight up, or seemed to be to me. That is what defenders are told to do. Jump and put your arms straight up. It's not a foul just because there is contact. But I can see it both ways. I also despise Brownell so don't hate him losing.
I hate Brownell too, glad I've finally met another that can't stand him

Clemson got f**ked! On the other hand though, if they don’t turn the ball over two times there at the end that call prolly doesn’t happen.

4 turnovers in the final 2 minutes.

Beadle got some body and hand. Not a lot of contact... but, I'd also say Flip didn't have a lot contact when PJ Hall was given 2 free throws with 7 seconds left.

I thought it was a clear foul tbh. He took three steps with the ball so it was a walk but if you ignore that the defender clearly jumped into him so it's a foul.

Game next Saturday should be a good one. All probably depends on how Duke's shooters do in the Dean Dome.

Last edited:
4 turnovers in the final 2 minutes.

Beadle got some body and hand. Not a lot of contact... but, I'd also say Flip didn't have a lot contact when PJ Hall was given 2 free throws with 7 seconds left.
Yeah, I think it was a foul. Just like I think Hall was definitely fouled by Flip.

I think the more egregious missed call was with Clemson up 2 with about a minute left with the ball. There was a high post pass to Hall that was tipped and I think the Dukie clearly went through him to tip it.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah, I think it was a foul. Just like I think Hall was definitely fouled by Flip.

I think the more egregious missed call was with Clemson up 2 with about a minute left with the ball. There was a high post pass to Hall that was tipped and I think the Dukie clearly went through him to tip it.
I thought that was a foul too.

That was 100% a foul. And there is ZERO chance it’s a non-call in the game in Tallahassee last weekend.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I'm not gonna harp on the non call, they were sleep walking through out the entire game.
Yeah, no doubt UNC played probably their worst (or one of their worst) games of the year. Still had a chance to win it at the end.

I guess what bothers me is the inconsistencies between these refs and their crews from game to game.

Clemson gets called for a foul, where in my opinion, all the contact was initiated by Proctor. Then basically a few days later, Davis is clearly pushed as he is attacking the rim, and the refs swallow their whistles.

It has always been a problem and will continue to be one, but these refs appear to be too easily influenced by the home crowd.

Yeah we are a tournament quality team for sure. Long. Deep. Guys who can score in a variety of ways. But we have a lot of work to do on the resume.

I think we really might need to go 8-3 or even 9-2 in our final 11 ACC games to make it. But given the state of the league, maybe that’s not impossible.
I believe that there are a few teams that are capable of going 8-3 to finish in the ACC. A lot of times it takes a while To figure out your lineup. Took Bennett a lot longer than normal this year

Sorry about that I Just came out of surgery this afternoon and my arm will be numb until sometime tomorrow. I’m also having to type with my left hand and I’m right hande.

Reactions: GE Nole
Sorry about that I Just came out of surgery this afternoon and my arm will be numb until sometime tomorrow. I’m also having to type with my left hand and I’m right hande.

Hope the surgery went well!

Tony Bennett bullies Brownell again. Clemson will be 4-7 when they lose to the Heels on wednesday, have to think Brownell is staring down the barrell at this point

ADVERTISEMENT