ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

Wong can light it up, no question. Wouldn't be surprised if he averages north of 20 ppg.

I've never heard of Nova Southeastern, the team Miami played in the exhibition. 106-95? Why did they struggle this much with a school that isn't even D1? Wong, Moore, and McGusty all played 32+ minutes.

Wong can light it up, no question. Wouldn't be surprised if he averages north of 20 ppg.

I've never heard of Nova Southeastern, the team Miami played in the exhibition. 106-95? Why did they struggle this much with a school that isn't even D1? Wong, Moore, and McGusty all played 32+ minutes.

I like Wong and was hoping by some miracle he was going to be around for my next pick, but I didn’t take him earlier because I didn’t think Miami would win enough, which might hold him back.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I like Wong and was hoping by some miracle he was going to be around for my next pick, but I didn’t take him earlier because I didn’t think Miami would win enough, which might hold him back.

Yeah, that was kind of my thinking, too. Miami will have more depth, but still not sure they're good enough to win 50% of league games. KenPom projects them at 83rd, which sounds about right.

Wong will probably be at least 2nd Team All-Conference, however. Voters love good offensive numbers. Erick Green was the ACC POY in 2013 in spite of the fact that Va Tech finished dead last in the standings.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech

Probably high risk but I think he has all American upside. Dude averaged 19/10 on 50/47/88 and had some monster games against high level competition. And the Tech guy on this board said he think he’ll be their leading scorer. With the 3 drops I’m willing to take risks a bit more.

@Noahtogo24 is up

Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech

Probably high risk but I think he has all American upside. Dude averaged 19/10 on 50/47/88 and had some monster games against high level competition. And the Tech guy on this board said he think he’ll be their leading scorer. With the 3 drops I’m willing to take risks a bit more.

@Noahtogo24 is up

Thought about taking him with my last pick. His shooting splits are really impressive. Just never know how their game will translate as they transfer up.

In hindsight, he'll probably do much better than most. Oral Roberts did make it to the Sweet 16 - and he scored 80 points in 3 NCAA Tournament games. Good pickup, IMO.

Reactions: MGC_07
Wong is a stud. Lykes was holding him back the last couple years, but Wong can flat out play. He is very impressive up close in person.

Nova SE is always a scrappy bunch who takes a lot of quick guys who can shoot but were too small to play D1 ball. That said, I’d be surprised if Miami fields a good defense.

Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech

@Noahtogo24 is up

Dude, stop begging. If the pick is good @dukedevilz will let you know.

Kind of crazy how you can almost divide the continental 48 in half and there are very, very few teams in the western half of the country (almost a straight dividing line from the Univ. of North Dakota down to Rio Grand Valley in Texas).

Map-of-NCAA-Division-1-Schools.png

Kind of crazy how you can almost divide the continental 48 in half and there are very, very few teams in the western half of the country (almost a straight dividing line from the Univ. of North Dakota down to Rio Grand Valley in Texas).

Map-of-NCAA-Division-1-Schools.png
figures, can't even see DePaul on that graph. Would it have killed them to put DePaul on top of the stack of Chicago teams? Just this one time can we be first??

figures, can't even see DePaul on that graph. Would it have killed them to put DePaul on top of the stack of Chicago teams? Just this one time can we be first??

If it makes you feel any better, NC State's logo is blocking out two blue bloods.

But yes, losing out to the likes of Northwestern and UIC can't feel too great lol.

• Angry
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
So what are the odds I'll get to make another pick before Monday? Just trying to plan my weekend.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
So what are the odds I'll get to make another pick before Monday? Just trying to plan my weekend.

I'd say maybe Friday Evening to Saturday Morning is about the range for when you'd be on the clock again for Rounds 9/10. After that, you probably wouldn't have to worry again til Monday or Tuesday.

This could be risky, since I believe there were some legal troubles, but I think they’re resolved and not too severe.

Noah Williams, Washington State. I think WSU can win some more games than the PAC preseason poll indicates and he has a high ceiling.

@JimboBBN you’re up

This could be risky, since I believe there were some legal troubles, but I think they’re resolved and not too severe.

Noah Williams, Washington State. I think WSU can win some more games than the PAC preseason poll indicates and he has a high ceiling.

@JimboBBN you’re up
Damn you! He was my next planned pick. I think he’s going to have a nice year on a Washington State team that’ll be top half of the PAC 12

@JimboBBN you’re up

I like Washington State. Obviously having their #1 guy will help. I think they have a good shot at making the NCAAs this year. Might be a bubble team.

Reactions: WojoRising
@JimboBBN Have at it!

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt
18. Caleb Houstan, Michigan
19. Julian Champagnie, St.John's
20. Andre Curbelo, Illinois
21. Kendric Davis, SMU
22. Matthew Mayer, Baylor
23. Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
24. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

THIRD ROUND
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
26. Alex Barcello, BYU
27. Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee
28. Adam Flagler, Baylor
29. Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech
30. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech
31. Patrick Baldwin, Milwaukee
32. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
33. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
34. James Akinjo, Baylor
35. Andrew Nembhard, Gonzaga
36. Tyger Campbell, UCLA

FOURTH ROUND
37. Dawson Garcia, North Carolina
38. David McCormack, Kansas
39. Will Richardson, Oregon
40. Marcus Sasser, Houston
41. Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona
42. Jalen Duren, Memphis
43. Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
44. TyTy Washington, Kentucky
45. Jaden Shackelford, Alabama
46. Caleb Mills, Florida State
47. Isaiah Mobley, USC
48. Kellan Grady, Kentucky

FIFTH ROUND
49. Grant Sherfield, Nevada
50. Paul Scruggs, Xavier
51. Justin Moore, Villanova
52. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
53. Timmy Allen, Texas
54. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
55. Sahvir Wheeler, Kentucky
56. Jabari Smith, Auburn
57. Kyle Lofton, Saint Bonaventure
58. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
59. Colin Castleton, Florida
60. Posh Alexander, St.John's

SIXTH ROUND
61. Caleb Love, North Carolina
62. Kenneth Lofton, Louisiana Tech
63. Ron Harper Jr, Rutgers
64. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
65. David Roddy, Colorado State
66. Davonte Davis, Arkansas
67. Kadary Richmond, Seton Hall
68. Max Christie, Michigan State
69. Nate Watson, Providence
70. Eric Ayala, Maryland
71. Tre Mitchell, Texas
72. Antoine Davis, Detroit

SEVENTH ROUND
73. Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State
74. Mark Williams, Duke
75. Adama Sanogo, UConn
76. Isaiah Wong, Miami
77. Andrew Jones, Texas
78. Jabari Walker, Colorado
79. Zach Freemantle, Xavier
80. Jared Rhoden, Seton Hall
81. JD Davison, Alabama
82. Harrison Ingram, Stanford
83. Jermaine Samuels, Villanova
84. Marcus Bagley, Arizona State

EIGHTH ROUND
85. Iverson Molinar, Mississippi State
86. Prentiss Hubb, Notre Dame
87. Bryce Hamilton, UNLV
88. RJ Cole, UConn
89. Quincy Guerrier, Oregon
90. Jeenathan Williams, Buffalo
91. Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech
92. Chris Lykes, Arkansas
93. Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech
94. Jacob Gilyard, Richmond
95. Noah Williams, Washington State

Damn you! He was my next planned pick. I think he’s going to have a nice year on a Washington State team that’ll be top half of the PAC 12
I think he’s a good value here. I was debating about pushing him for a couple more rounds, guess it’s good I didn’t!

FirstLastSchool
WarithAlatisheOregon State
PaulAtkinsonNotre Dame
JordanBohannonIowa
RasirBoltonGonzaga
JamareeBouyeaSan Francisco
KeionBrooksKentucky
JohnniBroomeMorehead State
KendallBrownBaylor
KiheiClarkVirginia
MatthewClevelandFlorida State
DariusDaysLSU
DylanDisuTexas
ZachEdeyPurdue
KylerEdwardsHouston
AllenFlaniganAuburn
MichaelFlowersWashington State
TrentFrazierIllinois
JohnFulkersonTennessee
AJGreenNorthern Iowa
AJGriffinDuke
TannerGrovesOklahoma
JordanHallSt.Joseph's
De'VionHarmonOregon
ChuckHarrisButler
Josiah-JordanJamesTennessee
XavierJohnsonIndiana
Devante'JonesMichigan
MyreonJonesFlorida
TaevionKinseyMarshall
HyunjungLeeDavidson
NateLeszewskiNotre Dame
MikesMilesTCU
EmanuelMillerTCU
IsiahihMosleyMissouri State
NickMuszynskiBelmont
LandersNolleyMemphis
OsunOsunniyiSaint Bonaventure
NijelPackKansas State
RomanPennDrake
DariusPerryUCF
AnthonyPoliteFlorida State
CourtneyRameyTexas
HunterSallisGonzaga
DontaScottMaryland
TazShermanWest Virginia
IsaiahStevensColorado State
StanleyUmudeArkansas
QudusWahabMaryland
TysonWalkerMichigan State
PeytonWatsonUCLA
KeithWilliamsWestern Kentucky
DeAndreWilliamsMemphis
JalenWilsonKansas
Jae'LynWithersLouisville
JacobYoungOregon

Here are the guys that made any of the top 100 lists that haven't been drafted. Just sorted them in alphabetical order.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hawkit esque Homer alert: someone should take a flier on Withers in the last rounds. He will be Louisvilles best player imo and possibly make 2nd-3rd acc team, and we should hopefully be 4-6th in the ACC. Going back to the 4 is gonna help him immensely.

Darius Perry made a top 100 list?? Wow good for him, he was super erratic at louisville and made some boneheaded plays, like fouling a 3 pt shooter up 4 with 1 second left and which we lost on a buzzer beater by deandre hunter after we knocked the last ft rebound OOB smh. Granted it was a terrible cal on perry but why even get effin close to the dude up 4.

I’ll go Ryan Davis, Vermont. He’s gotten better every year, I believe he was 3rd in the country for win shares/per 40 last year, and I think he’s a lock for CPOY.

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

I’ll go Ryan Davis, Vermont. He’s gotten better every year, I believe he was 3rd in the country for win shares/per 40 last year, and I think he’s a lock for CPOY.

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

I like it. And I like that you did your own research. Davis doesn't find himself in any of the top 100 rankings. However, he is in my top 100.

Reactions: WojoRising
I like it. And I like that you did your own research. Davis doesn't find himself in any of the top 100 rankings. However, he is in my top 100.
Realistically, I think he could almost be my safest player. Vermont will always get their wins, and that seems huge for a win-share monster

@JimboBBN you’re up

That was my next pick if he made it to me

ADVERTISEMENT