ADVERTISEMENT

5 teams in 2018-2019 season you are most intrigued by

Oh I think he is legit. He's a great player. I'm curious to see how he does when he's the focal point of his team, and not surrounded by seniors that went 30-4 (or something like that).

I think he's a great player. There is just a litany of players I would take before him if this was a draft. Hence, he is not the best player in my mind.

It's hard to say who the best is but Edwards would make my short list. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get that PPG to over 20 this year with more weight on his shoulders.

He scored twice as much per game as Sheehey ever did and averaged more assists than any Indiana point guard in my lifetime.

But he sucked..... ok.
Where did I say he sucked? MOF, I called him "elite".

And whats this have to do with Sheehey, and or IU?

You’re the one who loves sheehey and overrates Indiana players. Then when it comes to Young you undersell him. Odd.
You are trying to hard...And if by calling him "an Elite talent" is underselling him, then---ok.

giphy.gif
I was at the least expecting a written response telling the young punk to respect his elders. This is all I get?

But you talk about Indiana’s potential atleast once a week. I’d certainly call that hyping them considering that you are the only one who ever seems to do it.
Talking about a teams potential, and hyping them, is two different things. I haven't spoke about IU(hoops) in quite sometime. I mostly talk about individuals, opposed to the team. But hey, it's your story....Who am I to spoil it.

@jwardelt what a dumptruck

I never bought into the hype this year. I said 9-3 before the season. Figured losses at Michigan and PSU and a trip up elsewhere. Didn’t think it would be BYU. 8-4 might be optimistic at this point. Don’t care. I’m looking forward to basketball season.

He’s very good no doubt. #1 player in the entire nation? No.

He was surrounded by an amazing team last year. I’ll gladly eat my words if he is a stud this year with much less help.
We had a lot of skill and smarts. Amazing I don't know I'd say that. Sure they broke a lot of records last year but there wasn't a ton of athleticism on that squad.

Good. They can then explain how Nojel Eastern, who sucks, is better than Romeo Langford, who decidedly doesn’t suck.
I don't know who said that. That's crazy. Saying Nojel sucks is pretty crazy too. He came on quite a bit later in the season. He was the reason we beat Michigan at Michigan last year.

#Mackinjo

McClung will be a fun player to watch. He should be a solid player, but I'd be a little surprised if he started as a freshman. Don't expect him to be Bobby Sura or Donte DiVenczo right away.

Oh I think he is legit. He's a great player. I'm curious to see how he does when he's the focal point of his team, and not surrounded by seniors that went 30-4 (or something like that).

I think he's a great player. There is just a litany of players I would take before him if this was a draft. Hence, he is not the best player in my mind.
Draft for College?

He didn't have a team. His supporting players sucked.
I will take a couple more whacks at the dead horse that I continue to beat:

He was sort of like any one man "team". But just because he averaged 27 points a game does not make him the all time best player. Maravich was far better on a one man team averaging 44 points a game over a three year period.

I will take a couple more whacks at the dead horse that I continue to beat:

He was sort of like any one man "team". But just because he averaged 27 points a game does not make him the all time best player. Maravich was far better on a one man team averaging 44 points a game over a three year period.
I don't disagree, but my point was that he did have a LOT of assists. If he was on a more skilled team, we cannot say for sure what his total play style would have been like.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No offense but I am 64 years old and seen a lot of good basketball players.

I saw Pete Maravich's first bball game as a college player in Austin and will never forget it.
The guy was magic with the ball. Not saying he was the best college basketball player ever but he was by far better than Ethan Happ.

I don't think anyone in 50 years will be still talking about him and remembering him playing.

Pistol Pete was definitely on any ten college team in the history of the game. There has never been a player, including any Globetrotter, that could do more with a basketball. He just never had any talent around him as a collegian or pro. He truly was the example of a "freak" on the floor..

Are you being serious? I have hard time saying Haap is better than Orlando Tucker---Much less Anthony Davis.

I mean, this cannot be a serious post. Davis won every award known to CBB. As a freshman. And you think Haap, who hasn't won shit, is better?

giphy.gif

I'm intrigued first by K-State which should be the 2nd best team in the Big 12, and Texas to see if Shaka can really do the job at a top school in a state with a ton of talent. When I look at KU I am intrigued by who will be the team leader, who will be our second outside threat, and how quickly we gel into a "team".

Draft for College?
Yah if there was a college draft.

You seem like a level-headed Purdue fan, which is refreshing. I think your team last year wasn’t overly skilled, but had a ton of highly experienced smart players. They are now gone. I think Carson Edwards can help, but in no way shape or form do I think your team is even close to the team it was last year. If Carson Edwards is “the best player in the nation”, then you should be pretty damn good and win the B1G.

It’s being discussed somewhere on the forums that a Purdue fan thought Eastern is better than Romeo. I know it doesn’t represent stable people, just having fun.

I actually thought that he often hurt his teams change to win.

If he would have come to KU he would not have had those numbers. He would have been part of a "team". He might have been the best pro prospect in the Big 12 last year but he wasn't the best player according to all of the awards.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Trae Young is elite. He deserved his All-American status.

How would he do on Villanova? Hard to say, but one thing I know is Villanova couldn't replicate their success if Trae played the same way. Part of his downfall was the fact that his usage rate was obscenely high. No player from a major conference has exceeded a 37% usage rate this decade. Only 6 players from mid-major conferences had a higher usage percentage. Villanova thrives on ball movement. Trae Young is a good passer, but he's also very ball dominant - and the flow of OU's offense doesn't remotely resemble Villanova's style of play.

Now, as far as Carsen Edwards. I would be shocked if he isn't on EVERY Preseason All-American team. Does he have the best teammates this year? No, of course not. But, he has good teammates. And it's possible he could take games over and carry his team on his back ala Kemba Walker. I don't expect Purdue to win it all, but I certainly wouldn't discount them from winning the Big Ten.

Still had no bigs, but the kid would have helped Graham tremendously.

Kansas was fortunate to earn that F4, regardless of whether they get to keep it.
Why fortunate to make the final four? They had an excellent team. Trae Young would have played had he gone to KU but he would not have had the free hand he had at OU. I don't know how he will do as a pro, but in college he was a stud. But KU's guard tandem won back to back POY both in conference and out of conference. Young did not even get poy in the Big 12.

I don't know who said that. That's crazy. Saying Nojel sucks is pretty crazy too. He came on quite a bit later in the season. He was the reason we beat Michigan at Michigan last year.
Yeah, Nojel doesn't suck, by any means. I think he'll be pretty solid this year.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT