ADVERTISEMENT

5 teams in 2018-2019 season you are most intrigued by

Now like anyone believes you when you list UK. You hate UK more than democrats hate republicans.
Nope. I go to a handful of UK home games. Wife is a huge UK fan. I like poking fun at UK fans on here...No doubt. Rustling the fire for sure. But in reality, I have no issues with UK. Two, huge UK posters on here can attest to just that.

No offense but I am 64 years old and seen a lot of good basketball players.

I saw Pete Maravich's first bball game as a college player in Austin and will never forget it.
The guy was magic with the ball. Not saying he was the best college basketball player ever but he was by far better than Ethan Happ.

I don't think anyone in 50 years will be still talking about him and remembering him playing.
I would have to say that Maravich is the best college player I have ever seen.

You guys should go over and read Mgk’s posts on the Purdue board.

- Illinois better than Michigan State
- Romeo Langford not a top 5 incoming freshman in the conference
- MSU has the 2nd worst backcourt in the conference

Ethan Happ as goat is the most-sane thing I’ve seen from him in a while

My other surprise teams are

Southern Cal - top 15 team
Gtown - top 25 team

I like Gtown....

You two are going to have to defend yourselves here. Georgetown as a top 25 team? I would be surprised if they're a top 50 team. We're talking about a team that has 2 returning players with a Player Effiency Rating above 12.0. That is not good. For reference, a 15.0 is considered the average PER. Jessie Govan is the only elite player on Gtown, as far as I can tell.

Did Borden ever argue with you that Tom Crean is a better coach than John Beilein? Or was that someone else?
giphy.gif

Not my best take...

UK
Cuse
Duke
Nevada(although I don't expect them to play anyone until the tourney, so I probably won't go out of my way to watch them unless I happen to see them playing some random team at 2 in the morning). So because of that I'll be looking out for the ..
Jayhawks

Nevada will be playing Loyola Chicago in November. I might go to the game, I live really close.

I'm assuming the game will be somewhere on national tv.

Borden!!
I haven't even made it through page 2, and I'm not sure what all things you've been wrong about in the b1g threads, but you have been insatiably wrong in the spelling of Happ's name on this page (page 2)! :oops:
You say Haap IS one of the best CCB players in the past 20-30 years.

So, what you meant to say was, Haap is a Top 50 player of all-time. But instead it came out as, Haap might be the best of all-time?

Crazy about VO, huh? I mean thats right up there with, "Haap possibly being the greatest CBB of all-time".Laughing

Haap possibly being the greatest CBB of all-time...Laughing

Still though...Not even close to, Haap being the best CBB of all-time..Laughing

Me arguing Crean>>>Beilein, isn't remotely close to your Haap possibly being CBB greatest.

But Haap being possibly the best CBB of all-time trumps all.

The Haap comment was just bad. We all have those moments; Well, maybe not that bad.:D
Laughing

Last edited:
You two are going to have to defend yourselves here. Georgetown as a top 25 team? I would be surprised if they're a top 50 team. We're talking about a team that has 2 returning players with a Player Effiency Rating above 12.0. That is not good. For reference, a 15.0 is considered the average PER. Jessie Govan is the only elite player on Gtown, as far as I can tell.

Matty's got a huge boner for the frosh white lightning..

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yikes.

To quote Borden, Crean > Beilein might be one of the worst takes of all time. Thats why we love him though.
Not near as bad of a take as "Nojel Eastern is literally a better basketball player than Romeo Langford". Or even "Illinois will finish ahead of Michigan State this year". Those are clown takes.

You guys should go over and read Mgk’s posts on the Purdue board.

- Illinois better than Michigan State
- Romeo Langford not a top 5 incoming freshman in the conference
- MSU has the 2nd worst backcourt in the conference

Ethan Happ as goat is the most-sane thing I’ve seen from him in a while
Oh, I've seen those. I do thnk Illinois will be better than what people think; Underwood can coach. I highly, highly doubt they are better than MSU.

Langford's the best freshman in the Big 10. I don't care where he had went---I'd say the same thing. Unlike most, I've seen this kid play a lot. A ton. I've officiated his games. He's the best I've seen come out of Indiana in a long, long time. TBH, it would not shock me if he ends up as a 1st teamer. But who knows. I do know this---He's certainly one of the Top 5 freshman.

MSU does not have the 2nd worst back court.

Not near as bad of a take as "Nojel Eastern is literally a better basketball player than Romeo Langford". Or even "Illinois will finish ahead of Michigan State this year". Those are clown takes.
Just terrible....

I would have to say that Maravich is the best college player I have ever seen.

The best player Ive seen recently was Trae Young. Don't think we will ever see a guy who is a teams entire offense ever again.

Pretty sure nobody is talented enough to lead the nation in points and assists again, especially not as a freshman. If you told me before last season that somebody was going to do that, I would not have believed you because that just takes insane talent.

If he would have chose Kansas instead of Oklahoma, I dont think Kansas would have lost a single game considering all the talent they could have surrounded him with.

Reactions: freddietee511
I like Gtown. BUT...thats about it. I do think the could end up a fringe NCAAT team.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Nope. I go to a handful of UK home games. Wife is a huge UK fan. I like poking fun at UK fans on here...No doubt. Rustling the fire for sure. But in reality, I have no issues with UK. Two, huge UK posters on here can attest to just that.
I see your wife is at UK's BBM, you should hit me up.

#Mackinjo

The best player Ive seen recently was Trae Young. Don't think we will ever see a guy who is a teams entire offense ever again.

Pretty sure nobody is talented enough to lead the nation in points and assists again, especially not as a freshman. If you told me before last season that somebody was going to do that, I would not have believed you because that just takes insane talent.

If he would have chose Kansas instead of Oklahoma, I dont think Kansas would have lost a single game considering all the talent they could have surrounded him with.

That is the thing with basketball you never know how a player can play with others as good as him.
My favorite question I used to ask when I coached was what would you rather be
A) Best player on a bad team
B) A role player on a great team

If the player answered A and did not have the talent to be a difference maker I found ways to get rid of him.

Trae Young doesn't have the head to make players around him better.

Maybe he can learn it in the NBA

Nice list, OP
Fun teams

I'll go
UNC
LSU
Michigan
Syracuse
Virginia

I usually (always) have a preseason list of about 20 teams that I'll mostly follow throughout the season. I watched so many SJU games last season, so much talent.. couldn't win late. Coaching and chemistry..
Agree about Justin Simon and really hope they get Heron pushed through. Too bad Owens moved on.
That's a fun notion. I'd love to see this kind of list.

Reactions: KisteK
Purdue: loses four senior starters but return the best player in the nation. Will be interesting to see how far carsen can carry the team.

Duke: excited to see Zion and co. If those frosh are as good as advertised that will be a scary team.

Ohio State: was last year more kieta Bates or was it Holman being a great coach? We'll find out this year.

Purdue: loses four senior starters but return the best player in the nation. Will be interesting to see how far carsen can carry the team.

Duke: excited to see Zion and co. If those frosh are as good as advertised that will be a scary team.

Ohio State: was last year more kieta Bates or was it Holman being a great coach? We'll find out this year.
I think it's a little of both. Holtman can coach.

Still had no bigs, but the kid would have helped Graham tremendously.

Kansas was fortunate to earn that F4, regardless of whether they get to keep it.

I actually thought that he often hurt his teams change to win.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
That's a fun notion. I'd love to see this kind of list.

NCState
UNC
Cuse
Virginia
Creighton
Marquette
St.John's
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Nevada
SanDiegoSt
ZonaSt
Oregon
UCLA
SoCal
Washington
LSU
MississippiSt
BYU
Gonzaga
On top of watching as many Top 40/50 P6+ matchups as I can.
Conference Season I get no sleep, so I'm stoked the ACC is starting their conf play early (next?) season and that the B1g started a bit early last season.

NCState
UNC
Cuse
Virginia
Creighton
Marquette
St.John's
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Nevada
SanDiegoSt
ZonaSt
Oregon
UCLA
SoCal
Washington
LSU
MississippiSt
BYU
Gonzaga
On top of watching as many Top 40/50 P6+ matchups as I can.
Conference Season I get no sleep, so I'm stoked the ACC is starting their conf play early (next?) season and that the B1g started a bit early last season.
I was expecting something different when clicking "mine looks like", but it's equally impressive?

Now I feel weird. I wasn't comparing...ohh..:oops:

Very good player? Yes.

“Best player in the nation”? Not even close. You let coaches have a lottery for picking any player, and Carson Edwards is nowhere near the top of that list.

This Edwards hype train by Purdue fans is comical. He’s a great player. But let’s see how he does when he’s not surrounded by a 30-4 team.

ADVERTISEMENT