ADVERTISEMENT

5 teams in 2018-2019 season you are most intrigued by

He’s very good no doubt. #1 player in the entire nation? No.

He was surrounded by an amazing team last year. I’ll gladly eat my words if he is a stud this year with much less help.
I was agreeing...Just giving ya some warning. Purdue fans will be out.

Purdue won 30 games last year?

wibd.gif

Very good player? Yes.

“Best player in the nation”? Not even close. You let coaches have a lottery for picking any player, and Carson Edwards is nowhere near the top of that list.

This Edwards hype train by Purdue fans is comical. He’s a great player. But let’s see how he does when he’s not surrounded by a 30-4 team.
He was an all American last year and averaged almost 19 points dummy. He's b1g pre-season poty and picked by many as national poty as well. Also won the award for best sg in the nation. What's comical is your idiotic take.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Very good player? Yes.

“Best player in the nation”? Not even close. You let coaches have a lottery for picking any player, and Carson Edwards is nowhere near the top of that list.

This Edwards hype train by Purdue fans is comical. He’s a great player. But let’s see how he does when he’s not surrounded by a 30-4 team.

I would love the hear the nonsensical argument that Carson Edwards is "not even close" to being the best player in the nation.

He'll be a consensus favorite for pre-season first team AA.

My god, the guy's even better than Ethan Happ, the GOAT!

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Very good player? Yes.

yikes, broseph. it has nothing to with any hype train by Purdue fans. He was an all american last year, and im not sure when the preseason lists come out this year, but he'll be a 1st or 2nd team guy this year. so yeah, he's pretty close

Last edited:
Hes one of the biggest Trae Young and Tremont Waters fans, so its safe to say he watched Trae Young many times.
mattylolmeme

I'd plug a few guys, guys we both know weren't terrible, but I get it- you need the backup

That is coaching the team.

Some kids for whatever reason have the need to score points to be the best player on the court.
Unless I can change this then he becomes a liability.
I like players who say I don't have to score to dominate the game.

Yeah, like guys who lead the nation in assists. You can win games with unselfish players like that.

Reactions: KisteK
You are still looking at stats.
Not going to claim Trae Young is not a great player but at times he fails to elevate the game of other players.
More than that what if you have another guard who wants to shoot the ball 20 times a game as well.

We will have to agree to degree. Nobody made their teammates better than Trae Young last year IMO.

We will have to agree to degree. Nobody made their teammates better than Trae Young last year IMO.

I look at all phases of the game.

You really think Trae Young was better than Jalen Brunson.
Brunson took on Jevon Carter a player who caused issues for Trae Young.

Not saying Brunson was the best at making players around him better but he controlled games better than Young.

I look at all phases of the game.

You really think Trae Young was better than Jalen Brunson.
Brunson took on Jevon Carter a player who caused issues for Trae Young.

Not saying Brunson was the best at making players around him better but he controlled games better than Young.

If you put Brunson on Oklahoma and Trae Young on Villanova, Brunson would be getting killed and Trae Young wouldve won NPoTY going away

Very good player? Yes.

Honest question..... Have you ever seen Edwards play? The guy is legit. What are your knocks on him?

Purdue fans annoy me as much as anybody but Edwards is an All-American level player.

I doubt you even watched him play once. How on Earth did Trae Young hurt his team which consisted of a collection of bums and invalids???? Literally not a single player who didn't suck balls.

If it wasn't for Trae they lose every game by 30.

What are you? A worthless turd head?

I bet that I watched twice the Oklahoma games last year that you did. Anyone who watched them much know quite well that he often hurt their "chances to win".

I am an old retired dude that spends winters watching sports and I have probably forgotten more about basketball that you will ever know.

Geeze @Kevin Bryan why do I have to take such shit as this?

I bet that I watched twice the Oklahoma games last year that you did. Anyone who watched them much know quite well that he often hurt their "chances to win".

I am an old retired dude that spends winters watching sports and I have probably forgotten more about basketball that you will ever know.

fwiwi I;m an ass. i can't get everything surrounded.

Trae Young was elite

giphy.gif

If you put Brunson on Oklahoma and Trae Young on Villanova, Brunson would be getting killed and Trae Young wouldve won NPoTY going away
And Villanova would not have won the title. Young is an elite talent. And was basically all OU, had. But he was a gunner, man. He was more about the show. Loved his skills.

Honest question..... Have you ever seen Edwards play? The guy is legit. What are your knocks on him?

Purdue fans annoy me as much as anybody but Edwards is an All-American level player.
Oh I think he is legit. He's a great player. I'm curious to see how he does when he's the focal point of his team, and not surrounded by seniors that went 30-4 (or something like that).

I think he's a great player. There is just a litany of players I would take before him if this was a draft. Hence, he is not the best player in my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT