ADVERTISEMENT

5 seeds or lower who can make the Final Four

duckboy33

May 3, 2009
Eugene, OR
Team
Oregon
The last 7 NCAATs have had a team seeded 5 or lower make the final four. What teams could make a run this year?

UConn - It's March and it's UConn. Come on, we've all read this book before.

BYU - I like this team, I think Michigan and Alabama could both be prone to upset (Alabama is still my pick for that region though), I wouldn't be shocked if they made a run.

San Diego State - I'm not high on Houston and I think WVU is overseeded. If SDSU makes it to the Elite Eight, especially if Illinois isn't there, SDSU could find themselves in the Final Four.

UConn - It's March and it's UConn. Come on, we've all read this book before.

BYU - I like this team, I think Michigan and Alabama could both be prone to upset (Alabama is still my pick for that region though), I wouldn't be shocked if they made a run.

San Diego State - I'm not high on Houston and I think WVU is overseeded. If SDSU makes it to the Elite Eight, especially if Illinois isn't there, SDSU could find themselves in the Final Four.

Need to be watch more basketball

Reactions: hawkit3113
Tennessee is the answer based on depth and on the bracket.

Wish Belmont didn’t lose their championship game. Should’ve been in the tourney regardless with 26 wins this season but they would’ve been my pick. Seemed to get into a slump in the conference tourney.

Reactions: Villian07
How good is Okie St? I could see a possible UT/OSU match up in the near future?

They tied a record for winning the most Top 25 matchups in a 30 day period.
Believe with 2010-2011 UCONN.

Had a chance to set the record but took a L vs Texas.

They are as good as Kalib Boone plays. Isn't Cade Cunningham. But their big. Real long and Athletic. Future NBA player probably after next year

My guess would be Oregon. Pac12 has had a team get there or close quite a bit lately, even though they are seeded low.

Reactions: duckboy33
I just don't see any way that Wisconsin beats UNC. UNC is athletic, and Wisconsin is the complete opposite.

UNC doesn't have dominant guards. As a team, they're close to 15 turnovers per game, and they're well below average on shooting from the perimeter, minus Kerwin Walton. They do rebound roughly 40% of their misses, so it kind of evens out. The bigs on UNC are very reliable. If they can get adequate guard play, of course they could beat Wisconsin - and also give an undersized Baylor team fits. It's a 50-50 game, IMO.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
there is good value on LSU to final four imo. i saw 12:1 or higher. they match up well with the bonnies (who i really like) and then michigan seems to be struggling and they can play with any of colorado, gtown, fsu, greensboro for sure

Reactions: Villian07
there is good value on LSU to final four imo. i saw 12:1 or higher. they match up well with the bonnies (who i really like) and then michigan seems to be struggling and they can play with any of colorado, gtown, fsu, greensboro for sure

Possibly, but their defense is putrid. Hard to see a poor defensive team winning several in a row.

Wish Belmont didn’t lose their championship game. Should’ve been in the tourney regardless with 26 wins this season but they would’ve been my pick. Seemed to get into a slump in the conference tourney.
Morehead just got super hot. I think they won 16/17 before the conf tourney.

Possibly, but their defense is putrid. Hard to see a poor defensive team winning several in a row.
They’ve been playing a lot better defense down the stretch I feel like. Dunno if they can consistently do it against good teams tho.

I still don’t understand how the eff javonte smart still gets to play, but smart, thomas, dayes, and esp watford are all studs.

If Wisconsin or UNC beat Baylor they have a real good chance.

Because the rest of that bracket isn't any good
I think it would be Texas Tech though coming from the other side.

VA Tech is another one. Could see Va Tech play TX Tech in the S16

If Wisconsin or UNC beat Baylor they have a real good chance.

Because the rest of that bracket isn't any good
I think it would be Texas Tech though coming from the other side.

VA Tech is another one. Could see Va Tech play TX Tech in the S16
That would be a pretty big upset for Va Tech to beat Ohio St.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noahtogo24
I wouldn't say huge.
OhIo St is a very vulnerable #2.
Even Florida could be a tough matchup.

If Baylor loses to UNc/Wisconsin any team could play in the Final 4 from that bracket.

Ultimately I think it will most likely be Baylor vs Tx Tech for a third time.
Yes, I changed it to pretty big. Didn't mean to over state that. Still, I don't think Ohio St is as vulnerable as you think they are.

Their iso ball from the guards is difficult to defend.
Isn't just one guard.

Michigan blows out LSU or LSU finds some way to hit those shots and control Dickinson
They will try to get Michigan in foul trouble with Cameron Thomas. Neither team can afford to lose a top starter. Days is the cog and if Michigan keeps him sealed they likely win but it's no cinch for either team.

I wouldn't say huge.
OhIo St is a very vulnerable #2.
Even Florida could be a tough matchup.

If Baylor loses to UNc/Wisconsin any team could play in the Final 4 from that bracket.

Ultimately I think it will most likely be Baylor vs Tx Tech for a third time.
If I had to rank the 2 seeds, I'd probably put them in this order:

Ohio St
Houston
Alabama
Iowa

Could probably interchange Houston and Alabama. Iowa is really good. Just not very athletic.

I think you forget that Ohio St was almost a 1 seed until they had a rough stretch at the end of the season. They've been playing well since.

Out of all double digit seeds Va tech has the second best chance to play in a S16.

Even Oral Roberts has some things they can do to give Ohio St issues

VT has 3 wins over NCAA teams and only one of those came in 2021. They missed a lot of games against the better teams on their schedule so it’s hard to really tell how good they are. Obviously, I hope they get blasted against UF.

Has happened before. Wouldn't be the first time.

Meaning teams like Ohio State and Iowa should be 4s
Even Texas and WVU shouldn't be 3s.
Ohio St a 4?? Oooookay... Again, based on what? I understand it's happened before, but not that often.

Who would you have as the 2 seed if not OSU. What seed would Texas and WVU be?

ADVERTISEMENT