ADVERTISEMENT

5 seeds or lower who can make the Final Four

Ohio St a 4?? Oooookay... Again, based on what? I understand it's happened before, but not that often.

Who would you have as the 2 seed if not OSU. What seed would Texas and WVU be?

This is what the Tournament might prove.

Could actually be both. Could be neither. Could only be one.

Ohio State does have a lot of losses. But because the B1G was considered above other conferences it didn't hurt them

This is what the Tournament might prove.

Could actually be both. Could be neither. Could only be one.

Ohio State does have a lot of losses. But because the B1G was considered above other conferences it didn't hurt them
Again, OSU was very close to a 1 seed. They only had 4 losses until they lost to Michigan, MSU, Iowa, and Illinois. Since, they beat Purdue and Michigan and played Illinois to the wire.

Once again you are refusing to accept that it could be true
Not saying it is either way.

But this is what makes Ohio St vulnerable as a #2.
This is that doubt.

VA Tech beat Villanova
Florida beat WVU
I know the B10 is strong because I watched the games. I don't have doubt about that. Doesn't mean they couldn't lose games in the tournament. Just sounds more like you don't want to admit that the conference had a historic year in regards to depth and strength at the top. Unfortunately, Michigan isn't what they were most of the season. They probably get bounced much earlier than they should. Still, Illinois, Iowa, Ohio St and Purdue are all capable of making the FF. Purdue isn't nearly as likely, but they are capable.

The B12 is also strong. I don't think any of them were really over seeded either.

I know the B10 is strong because I watched the games. I don't have doubt about that. Doesn't mean they couldn't lose games in the tournament. Just sounds more like you don't want to admit that the conference had a historic year in regards to depth and strength at the top.

That isn't true yet
They have to prove it.

That only helped them get the seeds but once again if they don't hold the seeds that narrative could be incorrect

I say the same about the Big 12

Hedged both of them.

I am a homer so if I have to ride with one I would say the Big 12 could do some damage.
Especially Kansas, Baylor, Texas, Tech and Oklahoma State.
I would throw Houston in there because I am familiar with that program. They are looking to take buttholes.
Then why were you saying the B12 was overseeded?

B1G has size that will give a lot of teams issues

Big 12 is more athletic on the interior.

Both conferences could have been a circle jerk.

That is what is great about the NCAA Tournament. You have to prove yourself

For anything to be “proven” about a conference, most of them would have to faceplant or exceed expectation. There’s always going to be random failures. Outcomes that wouldn’t be duplicated if the teams played 5 more times. This is what’s good and bad about the tourney.

If this season has proven anything, it’s how random and uneven college basketball performance can be. We’ve seen teams play back to games with completely different results. One team wins by 30 one night, then turns around and loses the rematch a few days later. A team scores 90 in the first game and 50 in the second. It’s been all over the place. You see the same thing in the NBA. Teams trading blowouts throughout a series.

To act like there isn’t an element of randomness in college b-ball is silliness.

For anything to be “proven” about a conference, most of them would have to faceplant or exceed expectation. There’s always going to be random failures. Outcomes that wouldn’t be duplicated if the teams played 5 more times. This is what’s good and bad about the tourney.

If this season has proven anything, it’s how random and uneven college basketball performance can be. We’ve seen teams play back to games with completely different results. One team wins by 30 one night, then turns around and loses the rematch a few days later. A team scores 90 in the first game and 50 in the second. It’s been all over the place. You see the same thing in the NBA. Teams trading blowouts throughout a series.

To act like there isn’t an element of randomness in college b-ball is silliness.

You get outwork in basketball and you don't have the talent there is a good chance you lose...

You have to evaluate the talent on each team.
Most important thing.
The intensity is the variable. But ultimately if you have evaluated the talent correctly you can take care of the intensity.

The SEC is pretty weak this year but with the way the season went with covid and cancelled games brings this whole field much closer.

Probably why the mock guys were so far apart a few months ago. If theres a sleeper out there this is the year to take it. On paper it looks pretty hard to say any of the top seeds will lose but that's not how it's going to end and everyone knows it. Whomever is clicking on all cylinders at the right time can make it to the last dance this year.

Contradictory statements allow you to always be right on something. How else is he going to be able to come back a few weeks from now and brag?

Some of you attempt to speak in absolutes..

Like Florida State will win even though UNCG could have the best player on the floor....

Then when they do win call it random.
Not random.

The guy has the chance to take over that game and beat Florida State

You get outwork in basketball and you don't have the talent there is a good chance you lose...

You have to evaluate the talent on each team.
Most important thing.
The intensity is the variable. But ultimately if you have evaluated the talent correctly you can take care of the intensity.

Having the psychological edge is key. More so in basketball than any other sport I think. Being dialed in can make up for a gap in talent. And having the looser team with nothing to lose can be a big equalizer.

It’s not just a coincidence that Self beat Calipari’s Memphis team and has three double digit tourney wins vs Roy, a win over a loaded Duke team a few years back, and 6 wins in 7 NCAA games vs the Big 10....but couldn’t get past VCU, Northern Iowa, Bradley or Bucknell.

If those four had been wearing UK, Duke or UNC jerseys, they might have been four wins. For the first part of the game, they usually don’t match the energy and intensity level of the opponent. Later in the game, when they realize the situation they’re in, they tighten up.

KU almost always has solid talent, but not usually the elite talent and depth of Kentucky or Duke. They can’t always overwhelm midmajors with sheer talent.

Having the psychological edge is key. More so in basketball than any other sport I think. Being dialed in can make up for a gap in talent. And having the looser team with nothing to lose can be a big equalizer.

It’s not just a coincidence that Self beat Calipari’s Memphis team and has three double digit tourney wins vs Roy, a win over a loaded Duke team a few years back, and 6 wins in 7 NCAA games vs the Big 10....but couldn’t get past VCU, Northern Iowa, Bradley or Bucknell.

If those four had been wearing UK, Duke or UNC jerseys, they might have been four wins. For the first part of the game, they usually don’t match the energy and intensity level of the opponent. Later in the game, when they realize the situation they’re in, they tighten up.

KU almost always has solid talent, but not usually the elite talent and depth of Kentucky or Duke. They can’t always overwhelm midmajors with sheer talent.

True...

Not just the psychology before the game but during the game

How often have you been punched in the mouth.

This is why I don't think Gonzaga will win. Someone will punch them in the mouth and Gonzaga may not be able to get back up.

True...

Not just the psychology before the game but during the game

How often have you been punched in the mouth.

This is why I don't think Gonzaga will win. Someone will punch them in the mouth and Gonzaga may not be able to get back up.
Interestingly looking at North Texas' schedule. They lost by double digits to every ranked team they played other than Loyola. They lost to them by 8. They also lost their last 3 games of the season before entering the conference tournament.

UVA has had a lot of success against UNC slowing the game down. We don't turn the ball over and we do a good job securing defensive rebounds. If you turn the ball over or give up a lot of offensive rebounds to them, you'll most likely lose. I don't trust UNC to beat disciplined teams in the half court.

Interestingly looking at North Texas' schedule. They lost by double digits to every ranked team they played other than Loyola. They lost to them by 8. They also lost their last 3 games of the season before entering the conference tournament.

Think possibly a better version of Arkansas Little Rock

From what I have heard is that their coach is looking at this Tournament as a trampoline to a bigger job

Think possibly a better version of Arkansas Little Rock

From what I have heard is that their coach is looking at this Tournament as a trampoline to a bigger job
Ok, but this Purdue team is completely different than the team that played Arkansas Little Rock. This team is much more athletic and a much better offensive and defensive team too.

Besides, it took some ridiculous shots by ALR to win that game. Shots that don't fall very often.

LOL, you seem to be on a mission to convince me that Purdue is going to lose. I never said they couldn't but sheesh...

If I had to guess I’d take one of the 11 seeds. Either UCLA or Syracuse could make a final four run. UCLA has the athletes and Syracuse’s zone is tough to figure out in one and done tourney.

Reactions: duckboy33
If I had to guess I’d take one of the 11 seeds. Either UCLA or Syracuse could make a final four run. UCLA has the athletes and Syracuse’s zone is tough to figure out in one and done tourney.

We might not get one this year but this was a good call

We might not get one this year but this was a good call
UCLA looked dam good against Michigan state in the play in game. Changed my bracket picks because of that. Not sure if they beat Michigan but also wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

Reactions: duckboy33
UCLA looked dam good against Michigan state in the play in game. Changed my bracket picks because of that. Not sure if they beat Michigan but also wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

Well it happened. Let’s see if they can get any further than that, they can make history if they knock out Gonzaga and Baylor en route to their 12th March Madness champion.

of the 11 seeds. Either UCLA or Syracuse could make a final four run. UCLA has the athletes and Syracuse’s zone is tough to figure out in one and done tourney.

Well done. Best prediction of the tournament, IMO.

I originally had UCLA in my S16. Went back-and-forth with a potential R32 game with Texas. Of course Texas has talent, but they also have Shaka. I chose Shaka, and obviously chose poorly.

ADVERTISEMENT