ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

They dominated because their defense is elite, think this UCONN team was ranked top 3 in overall kenpom the last decade or something like that

Well now they probably are. Throughout most of the year, Kenpom thought Houston was one of the 2-3 best teams of the century.

But your frontcourt wasn’t close to as good as ours.

I mean we didn’t have Edey but we had Hunter and he’s a lottery pick. Congrats on a great season but man I’m so glad we didn’t lose in the title game

Ehh Guy isn't getting shots off those guys and Clark is too short against UCONN's guards. Plus who do you have on Clingan?

Ty Jerome >>> Braden Smith
Kyle Guy >>>>>>>>>> Fletcher Loyer

Jack salt and jay huff could compete with Clingan. And DeAndre Hunter would own their other front court guys

Ty Jerome >>> Braden Smith
Kyle Guy >>>>>>>>>> Fletcher Loyer

Jack salt and jay huff could compete with Clingan. And DeAndre Hunter would own their other front court guys
You were a prayer away from losing to a much worse Purdue team, no way you'd beat this UCONN team. Regardless it's a moot point, but IMO nobody was beating this UCONN team this year

This. Clark isn’t/wasn’t nearly as good as Smith. I think Guy would’ve struggled like Loyer tbh.
I dunno----Guy was underrated athletically. This game was just to much for Loyer. To physical...to many athletes. I actually thought Braden was ok, tbh.

Felt PU did exactly what Hurley wanted them to do....I felt PU should have attacked the middle, with mid-range shots. They were not gonna get threes----but could had they attacked middle off the dribble, screens, etc....which would have sucked in the UCONN perimeter "D". And early on, that is what they did...But then UCONN forced them to drive the ball....and that just wasn't gonna work.

Purdue fans arguing with a UVA fan about how their non-champion team compares to a champion team is pretty silly.

Champion > non-champion.

Congrats on a great season. Most of us were hoping you could pull it off.

True but the upgrades at other positions will help. Athleticism continues to increase with guys like Heide, Colvin, Catchings, Harris, etc… team will be much more athletic.
Has to...Its been ya'lls downfall---and its why I didn't think PU would win. UCONN's guards just waaaaay to much.

Purdue fans arguing with a UVA fan about how their non-champion team compares to a champion team is pretty silly.

Champion > non-champion.

Chill bro, it's a message board for a reason lmao

Reactions: jhmossy
UConn looks dominant, though with Hurley likely going to UK this feels like one last dance for them in a long time. Still, at 6 national titles there’s no way anyone can deny they are blue bloods, even if they will spend the next decade struggling to find the next competent head coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Five Nattys
Anyone else feel like Hurley was kind of planting a flag and kicking dirt on Calipari’s grave with that post-game interview?

Reactions: boaty4

Champion > non-champion.

Your reading comprehension sucks. They are arguing whether Virginia would have success against UConn. That has nothing to do with Purdue.

Your reading comprehension sucks. They are arguing whether Virginia would have success against UConn. That has nothing to do with Purdue.
No, I read it perfectly. It was veering towards Purdue v Virginia rosters.

Either way, it’s still a stupid argument. Champions don’t really compare well to other champions. The worst champion is still a champion.

I’ll give you a pass for being salty tonight since your team lost in the title game. Been there. It sucks.

Congrats @Deepelm. Your squad is too damn good. Spencer was the perfect portal pickup for you. I hated that punk at Rutgers too.

Cheers my man. Yeah, I saw that moment in the B1G tournament lol. It was fun to watch Clingan battle a real big man and hold his own a little. I hope he shocks so folks and stays.

Reactions: boilerzz
Speaking of Purdue, Zach Edey almost puts up 40/10 and they lost by 15pts, it seems he needs to become Wilt Chamberlain for them to have a chance. Purdue guards let them down against FDU last year, and this year in the most important game of their lives.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Everyone but Edey just looked happy to be there.
I tell ya, early on thst dude was a fukin beast....But UCONN adjusted. And I do think the pace of the game, and CLinigan's size, took its toll. Edey lloked gassed, and never seen him miss shots that short.

Congrats @Deepelm. Your squad is too damn good. Spencer was the perfect portal pickup for you. I hated that punk at Rutgers too.
HAted that dude....But TBH, HE played a HUGE role in this team winning another Natty. Perfect piece for Hurley.

ADVERTISEMENT