ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

Yeah, 16 to's is not what you want against us. And I know ZE plays pretty much the whole game, and with it being his last he will play 50 min if it comes to it. But I wonder about his ability to get up and down with us for a full 40. He is a bit slow from end to end and our centers love to sprint out.
My thought as well. Most of time, you see ZE trailing the play....Not sure I have ever seen him run the floor. Your bgs remind me how TJD ran the floor for IU. I think this could be an issue. IMO, MP has more concerns going into this match-up than Hurley. For DH, seems he needs to figure out what to do with Edey---and really I think that's aneasy decision---I look for Clinigan to simply guard him on/one---I don't see UCONN doubling very often.

Reactions: Deepelm
Oh man, if Purdue turns it over like they did against UConn, they'll lose by 1,000. Uconn is a juggernaut right now and they are still getting better. Purdue is going to have to play a perfect game.
Don’t think it’s accurate to say Purdue is going to have to play a perfect game. Obviously they can’t win if they played like they did last night. But it’s not like Purdue is some crazy underdog. Purdue needs to play a really good game but perfect is a stretch IMO.

Don’t think it’s accurate to say Purdue is going to have to play a perfect game. Obviously they can’t win if they played like they did last night. But it’s not like Purdue is some crazy underdog. Purdue needs to play a really good game but perfect is a stretch IMO.
Purdue is a 6 point dog, that’s quite significant in a title game and the way UConn is playing right now, I do believe Purdue has to play as well as they have played all year long to have a shot.
Alabama hit a hundred 3's and still lost, even though they played really good defense with length.

Purdue is a 6 point dog, that’s quite significant in a title game and the way UConn is playing right now, I do believe Purdue has to play as well as they have played all year long to have a shot.
Alabama hit a hundred 3's and still lost, even though they played really good defense with length.
Alabama hit a hundred 3’s against us when we played and still lost. I agree about UConn playing well now but I think -6 is a lot of points tbh.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
For the record I think Purdue's best is better than UConn's best. UConn with the higher floor, and their avg and not so best is better than Purdue's. Purdues best is not easily attainable as UConn's 90-95% is, if any of this makes sense.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Agree....PU doesn't have to play perfect, BUT-----they cannot turn it over 16x's. Not against this team.

Reactions: Deepelm
For the record I think Purdue's best is better than UConn's best. UConn with the higher floor, and their avg and not so best is better than Purdue's. Purdues best is not easily attainable as UConn's 90-95% is, if any of this makes sense.
You think Purdue's "A" game is better than UCONN's, "A" game?

Disagree. Big time disagree.

You think Purdue's "A" game is better than UCONN's, "A" game?

Disagree. Big time disagree.
With Edey and the amount of deep threats they have that can hit and their offense yes. But i don't think they have the ability to reach that as often or as easy as UConn can cruise at their 90-95%. Purdue hovers in that 80-85% and can dip down below it fairly regularly.

With Edey and the amount of deep threats they have that can hit and their offense yes. But i don't think they have the ability to reach that as often or as easy as UConn can cruise at their 90-95%. Purdue hovers in that 80-85% and can dip down below it fairly regularly.
I dunno, man...I get what you are saying. But if you told me PU would play their "A" game, as would UCONN---I am taking UCONN.

What I saw them do to a really good Illinois team was mindbogglin'...This wasn't a 30-0 run vs a 16 seed, or something. They did this vs a 3-seed, that won the B10 tourney. That's insane.

I think UCONN has to many weapons------on defense, for PU. And their action off their sets is insane.

PU is really good. Really good. And TBF, I think UCONN's "A" game is the only better than PU's.

I dunno, man...I get what you are saying. But if you told me PU would play their "A" game, as would UCONN---I am taking UCONN.

What I saw them do to a really good Illinois team was mindbogglin'...This wasn't a 30-0 run vs a 16 seed, or something. They did this vs a 3-seed, that won the B10 tourney. That's insane.

I think UCONN has to many weapons------on defense, for PU. And their action off their sets is insane.

PU is really good. Really good. And TBF, I think UCONN's "A" game is the only better than PU's.
I'm talking a+ games. A games and I think UConn still has it. Purdue doesn't hit that gear all the time or at least for long but if they do and can sustain it. I still like UConn but if Purdue is loose enough they can be there. My thoughts are they pucker and panic.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Definitely. That’s been our recipe for all of our losses this year. Can’t turn it over that much against anyone especially a team as good as UConn.
I'm rooting for guys like you, and couple others on here. There truly is no better feeling than watching your team win a national title.
But damn what a monster that is waiting. Turnovers cannot be of live ball type---UCONN turns those into dunks.

I honestly think PU needs to be very efficient in the mid-range game, to win. UCONN is just elite at defending the three. Bama lit them up in the first half----they adjusted, and everything was very hard for Bama. Problem was, Bama decided to go down with that ship...I think its a tweak we could see from MP. UCONN is very aggressive at defending the 3 point line...Chase you off, cover you up, and try and force you to shoot a contested three. But what I saw was the middy game would be there. I don't like Smith/Loyer's ability to score over UCONNS guards, defense from the three---But I thnk Jones can. If Im Matty, I am pushing Smith/Loyer to attack , use the middle of floor for jumpers/floaters----and let Jones loose. If UCONN adjust to this by brining up their post defenders---now it could open backdoor cuts to Gillis and TKR.

IF PU forces contested three's as BAMA did, they will lose. I thnk BAMA was like 4-17 or so in the second half. Lot of highly contested three's that led to long rebounds and runouts. And that's exactly what UCONN wants. You have to control pace...Not simply tempo---but pace. I get it, do what you do. And BAMA did. And all that did was keep it close. UCONN will eventually land enough body blows, and suddenly a two point game is 10---And now you're in trouble. For as fast as they play, they really run a ton of great sets---that's very difficult to defend. They just don't chuck shit up. I see their offense as a faster version of what Bennett runs. Oh, and with better players.

Good luck tomorrow night.

Edey is still the X factor and how he plays and how he is officiated will determine the outcome. Those that watched the Iowa/SC game today saw the game called as it should be. Let the players decide the game.

If they are allowed to play and I mean everyone…the back court will play a big role and that is not good news for Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: Zero Credibility
Edey is still the X factor and how he plays and how he is officiated will determine the outcome. Those that watched the Iowa/SC game today saw the game called as it should be. Let the players decide the game.

If they are allowed to play and I mean everyone…the back court will play a big role and that is not good news for Purdue.

Can you imagine the onslaught of Purdue fans you’re going to have to deal with on the IU board if they win? I don’t think you’re ready.

Alabama hit a hundred 3’s against us when we played and still lost. I agree about UConn playing well now but I think -6 is a lot of points tbh.
Right now, I would take UConn -10 TBH, they're that hot right now.
Of course, my picks have been God awful since the tournaments started, so most likely, Purdue will win by 30 now that I said that.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Can you imagine the onslaught of Purdue fans you’re going to have to deal with on the IU board if they win? I don’t think you’re ready.
He still hasn’t posted screenshots. I don’t know for sure but I think he’s full of shit. He’s so desperate to keep IU in the conversation that he is willing to make shit up. I’ve seen it before with that nut job.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler1987
Of course, my picks have been God awful since the tournaments started, so most likely, Purdue will win by 30 now that I said that.
You’ve been doubting Purdue all year. Why change now? 😎

Thank you for your service. You’re doing god’s work.

I agree tbh. Edey is a terror but if anyone can slow him down it will be Clingan. UConn is much better in the backcourt. They've been completely dominant for two straight tournaments. Don't see it changing now, but I hope I'm wrong.

You’ve been doubting Purdue all year. Why change now? 😎
I needed Purdue to prove it to me, like UK, they have pissed down their leg in the NCAAT several years in a row now and for Purdue, these bad NCAAT losses have been after beating up on the BIG10 and they hadn't made a FF since before the bible was created, so yeah, you can see my dilema I'm sure.

For the record, I want Purdue to win tomorrow, I don't think anyone beyond UConn fans want to see UConn go b2b and get #6.

I agree tbh. Edey is a terror but if anyone can slow him down it will be Clingan. UConn is much better in the backcourt. They've been completely dominant for two straight tournaments. Don't see it changing now, but I hope I'm wrong.
Clingan is Anthony Davis good. I had no idea he was this dominant. Edey hasn’t seen a guy like Clingan and UConn has better guards and wings and they run an offense that is extremely hard to guard.
They have been mowing down damn good teams. I mean, I have never seen a top 3 seed get their stool pushed in as violently as what UConn did to Illinois. I had to cover the childrens eyes, it was bad.
We definitely have the 2 best teams in the title game, but I would be stunned if UConn didn’t win by double digits.

I needed Purdue to prove it to me, like UK, they have pissed down their leg in the NCAAT several years in a row now and for Purdue, these bad NCAAT losses have been after beating up on the BIG10 and they hadn't made a FF since before the bible was created, so yeah, you can see my dilema I'm sure.

For the record, I want Purdue to win tomorrow, I don't think anyone beyond UConn fans want to see UConn go b2b and get #6.

forrest-gump-flim.gif

Clingan can't slow him if he is on the bench with two fouls with 15 min to go in H1.

On a side note, what impact does the rumor of Dan Hurley going to UK have on the mindsets of their players? I know a rumor is just a rumor, but it’s hard to say the players will not affected by the possibility of their coach leaving. It will be a pity if UConn collapses because of off the court factors like this, but it may as well be the reason why they ain’t winning it all this year.

Clingan can't slow him if he is on the bench with two fouls with 15 min to go in H1.
Clinigan only plays around 22mpg. Foul trouble wont play much of role, if any, with how much he plays. UCONN also has 6'10 Samson Johnson. FOul trouble for Edey could be the bigger issue. UCONN runs multiple PNR's, with everyone---guards and wings....Even using their guards rolling to the basket.

Its going to be a headache defending UCONNS sets.

Clinigan only plays around 22mpg. Foul trouble wont play much of role, if any, with how much he plays. UCONN also has 6'10 Samson Johnson. FOul trouble for Edey could be the bigger issue. UCONN runs multiple PNR's, with everyone---guards and wings....Even using their guards rolling to the basket.

Its going to be a headache defending UCONNS sets.
They need Clingan more than usual vs Edey

Possible. But he's only played 30+, 3x's all year. Wouldn't be surprised with extended minutes. But wouldnt be shocked if he didn't.

FTR, he did play 29 v Bama.
They will need him 30 + vs edey but again, if he gets whistle ****ed it won't matter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT