ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

Honestly, I didn’t think we would have a very good chance against UConn if we got there, but I really hoped we’d get there to try.

That’s the way the ball bounces sometimes. Here’s hoping Hubert puts another good team together for next year.
UConn is beatable though if you look at some of their losses. They just have done what they were supposed to being dominant with favorable matchups via the overall No. 1 seed.

Honestly, I didn’t think we would have a very good chance against UConn if we got there, but I really hoped we’d get there to try.

That’s the way the ball bounces sometimes. Here’s hoping Hubert puts another good team together for next year.
Are RJ and Bacot out of eligibility?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Hell of game.

NC was red hot in the 1st half.

RJ just kept drawing fouls down the stretch and hitting every foul shot.

I still feel like NC could have feed the big man and won the game.

Holy shit…didn’t see that coming. I thought UNc would hurt Bama down low and throw in the fact that Bama was without one of their better players I didn’t figure they had a shot. This just goes to show you what can happen on a giving night. Davis picked a bad game to play like shit and I felt like Hubie pulled a Cal and let the game slip away from them when they had control. Congrats Bama!

Last edited:
Hell of game.

NC was red hot in the 1st half.

RJ just kept drawing fouls down the stretch and hitting every foul shot.

I still feel like NC could have feed the big man and won the game.
I agree. I think there were a few turning points in the second half, but the series that doomed UNC was when up one Withers took that stupid 3 and then proceeded to foul for an Alabama and-one right after.

Clemson or Alabama to the FF

Wooooof
Time to break it out!

BxIRLXIIYAAqbS0.0.0.jpg

I agree. I think there were a few turning points in the second half, but the series that doomed UNC was when up one Withers took that stupid 3 and then proceeded to foul for an Alabama and-one right after.
I agree. That was a bad shot. I did realize that he fouled directly after it.

That's when I turned the game off. He had no business taking that shot.

What percentage of the time does a team bank a 3-pointer and win the game? Because it honestly feels like it's more than 90%. When Schieffelin banked in that 3, I thought, "Whoa! Clemson's actually going to win this!" And they did...

It's nice that UNC has been eliminated. Now I can actively root against UConn. They were my fall back school that I felt semi-confident could knock UNC out of the tournament. Now, I give Illinois full permission to beat UConn.

Did anyone else find it weird that neither Elliot Cadeau or Seth Trimble played down the stretch? Hubert seemed to have difficulty on who he wanted the 5th guy on the court to be, but it wasn't those two. He rotated between Wojcik and Withers during the final 10 minutes or so. Don't understand that at all.

What percentage of the time does a team bank a 3-pointer and win the game? Because it honestly feels like it's more than 90%. When Schieffelin banked in that 3, I thought, "Whoa! Clemson's actually going to win this!" And they did...

It's nice that UNC has been eliminated. Now I can actively root against UConn. They were my fall back school that I felt semi-confident could knock UNC out of the tournament. Now, I give Illinois full permission to beat UConn.

I'll be rooting against your boys along with State and Clemson. Losing has turned me into a hater for the next week or so.

Last edited:
Probably due to him being a DEI hire and really not being that good of a coach. And they got lucky in the first half and the Cackler knew it wouldnt happen in the 2nd half.

Someone head to THI and help DSouthr, since Cadeau was his boy.

I can't be overly critical of Hubert at this point. In 3 years he's made 2 Sweet 16s and 1 National Title game; he also has an ACC championship, and he's 4-3 against Duke.

Just didn't understand the reasoning for benching their more reliable playmakers.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and Afamu
I can't be overly critical of Hubert at this point. In 3 years he's made 2 Sweet 16s and 1 National Title game; he also has an ACC championship, and he's 4-3 against Duke.

Just didn't understand the reasoning for benching their more reliable playmakers.
the real problem wiht that game was that bum Whithers taking the wide open 3 with a minute left in the game despite UNC having 4 much better players out there. There's a reason you're wide open numbnuts!

Some of the things he's critisizing are not really fair. These plays happen extremely fast and every split decision can make you look great, or bad.
He criticized NC towards the end for lagging behind for a rebound and not getting back in time, well, 4 NC guys were standing in the paint and they stopped the ball handler. Sears reversed the ball and they hit a deep 3, nobody was stopping that.
But, for the most part, he was right on everything he disected.

the real problem wiht that game was that bum Whithers taking the wide open 3 with a minute left in the game despite UNC having 4 much better players out there. There's a reason you're wide open numbnuts!
Yeah, but Alabama specializes in making bad decisions all game long. They are so loose with the ball.
NC should have gone down low to Bacot down the stretch, especially knowing RJ was struggling with his oitside shot and Bama was covering him with lengthy guys. But, hindsight is 20/20, even though I thought it was foolish in real time.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT