ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

9 straight sweet 16's is an absolutely absurd achievement. I know Few hasn't won a title yet but jesus. Kentucky should give him a blank check too.
Mark Few is at the top of my list. That dude can coach.

Reactions: Zagnutz
sub-buzz-1605-1465225571-1.jpg

HbOwD7.gif

Hubert Davis has had the oddest first 3 years of coaching I can remember.

Year 1 sucks for 3 months then awesome for 2 months and makes the title game.

Year 2 preseason #1 with the same team that made the title game and then misses the tournament.

Year 3 much lower expectations and has #1 seed and into S16.

Oddest start to a head coaching career I can remember.

it has also been the 3 strangest years of NCAA basketball ever. 21 was weird because of Covid and also first year of immediate transfer. Following year had a lot of players who were grown ass men because of extra Covid year and that still continues on.

It’s just tough to make any long term assessments at the moment, other than does your coach comport himself in a way that meets your expectations? Hubert is any easy answer for any Carolina fan.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Amazing opening weekend gents. The only chink in the armor was that clown 🤡 @ExitFlagger that swore Kansas belonged in the tournament until he got blue in the face. But like I tried to explain to him. Losing 5 times in the last 6 games before the tournament was not good for them

I posted this in the SEC thread, but figured I'd put it here too. Youtube guy that crushed Calipari now has a video out on Bill Self losing to Gonzaga.

If this guy could do comedy, he could be the new Sam Kinison.

I posted this in the SEC thread, but figured I'd put it here too. Youtube guy that crushed Calipari now has a video out on Bill Self losing to Gonzaga.

If this guy could do comedy, he could be the new Sam Kinison.

Jim Coyle shared the Crappipari version on the IU home site. Just fantastic, not just from the 24karat rant but because the dude actually knows at least the defensive side of the ball. May ask him to do Woody's 2004 NBA sets for our entertainment next season.

Bravo.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Jim Coyle shared the Crappipari version on the IU home site. Just fantastic, not just from the 24karat rant but because the dude actually knows at least the defensive side of the ball. May ask him to do Woody's 2004 NBA sets for our entertainment next season.

Bravo.
Yeah, the guy is very knowledgeable, but like I said, you could critisize every coach after ever game.

Calipari makes it a lot easier to do though.

Yeah, the guy is very knowledgeable, but like I said, you could critisize every coach after ever game.

Calipari makes it a lot easier to do though.
The $9MM act was hilarious. He could tear up the 20 year old NBA sets Woody runs just as well.

Ky, like IU and KU has a lot of very knowledgeable fans which makes it all the more frustrating.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Amazing opening weekend gents. The only chink in the armor was that clown 🤡 @ExitFlagger that swore Kansas belonged in the tournament until he got blue in the face. But like I tried to explain to him. Losing 5 times in the last 6 games before the tournament was not good for them

Not sure what’s funnier…that you actually think KU should have been left out of the field or that you can’t do basic math. 🤣

Why was Kansas a 4 seed?

Probably because they beat UConn, Houston, Tennessee, Kentucky, Baylor, and 6 teams that reached the 2nd round.

If the committee had known McCullar was going to sit out, they’d have dropped a line or two. But they didn’t know that.

ADVERTISEMENT