ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NBA Playoff Thread.

It's nuts the ebbs and flows of the games. One team wins by a bunch and then proceeds to lose by a bunch.
I'd prefer to see good games.
How does a whole team miss all at once?

i know ratings are up, but I've had a very hard time getting into these playoffs. Maybe it's cause my team was so terrible, but in general I'm finding the games boring. Maybe I'm a little basketball burned out after watching so much ball since October. Really enjoying the NHL playoffs more. GO OILERS!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
i know ratings are up, but I've had a very hard time getting into these playoffs. Maybe it's cause my team was so terrible, but in general I'm finding the games boring. Maybe I'm a little basketball burned out after watching so much ball since October. Really enjoying the NHL playoffs more. GO OILERS!
Even with the DePaul alum nobody ever heard of out there doing work for the Heat?

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I'm one of those that only watch the finals. Haven't missed a finals since I knew they existed.
Learned the rules with

You should watch Shoresy.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

I’m thinking it’s at least in part because of how disappointing the Hawks were compared to last seasons run. That has to play a part.

But yeah the NHL playoffs have been great too. Go Canes!

I like the idea of the play-in being just between the 8th and 9th place teams.

Should’ve drove against horford. Prob would’ve gotten an and 1 too. Although, I think the Celtics are the better matchup against GSW.

Agree on both counts. As a Warriors fan, I was pulling hard for Miami.

Who y’all think wins this cross-country series? I’m leaning Warriors, but could go either way. Jaylen Brown presents a real problem for the Warriors, I think.

Reactions: UL_1986
Agree on both counts. As a Warriors fan, I was pulling hard for Miami.

Who y’all think wins this cross-country series? I’m leaning Warriors, but could go either way. Jaylen Brown presents a real problem for the Warriors, I think.
I got the warriors in 6. But you’re right. Jaylen poses a lot of problems for GS, but they have a slew of guards in Poole, Klay, Steph etc. I’m interested to see the Tatum/Wiggins match up. Overall this could be a great series. Could go 7 even…who knows. I just want the games to be competitive. There’s been too many weird blow outs this playoff, and I’m hoping for closer games in this one.

Steph is gonna do what he does regardless, but Wiggins has really been a factor this entire playoff run for GSW. He’s the key imo to ensuring the Warriors championship, I think. Looney too. Those guys stay consistent and play well, they’re gonna win.

Steph is gonna do what he does regardless, but Wiggins has really been a factor this entire playoff run for GSW. He’s the key imo to ensuring the Warriors championship, I think. Looney too. Those guys stay consistent and play well, they’re gonna win.

I think a healthy Otto Porter is the key.

Wiggins will slow down and bother Tatum. Welcome to Wiggins Island, kid.

Dray will obviously neutralize Horford. Looney and Robert Williams will battle.

Steph and Poole will take Pritchard out of his comfort zone, and while both will be beaten by Smart some, they will more than make up for it with their offense.

But what about Jaylen Brown? Pre-injury Klay could handle him but now I’m not sure. No way Steph or Damien Lee or Poole can. I think Moses Moody can actually fluster him at times, but you can only play a rookie so many minutes.

Which brings me to Otto Porter. If he can give you 15-20 good minutes a game on Brown, Warriors in 6. If not…might see the Celtics pull off the upset.

Steph and Poole will take Pritchard out of his comfort zone, and while both will be beaten by Smart some, they will more than make up for it with their offense.

But what about Jaylen Brown? Pre-injury Klay could handle him but now I’m not sure. No way Steph or Damien Lee or Poole can. I think Moses Moody can actually fluster him at times, but you can only play a rookie so many minutes.

Which brings me to Otto Porter. If he can give you 15-20 good minutes a game on Brown, Warriors in 6. If not…might see the Celtics pull off the upset.
Solid analysis and I agree wholeheartedly with Jaylen. He’s the X factor for the C’s having a chance in this series. Can’t come soon enough! Go dubs!

A few disagreements here:

1) Celtics can switch 1-5 so Wiggins won't always be Tatum's primary defender and even if he limits Tatum somewhat, Tatum has the capability to completely erase Wiggins on the other end of the floor whenever they're matched up.

2) Dray may neutralize Horford at the rim but Al is more versatile offensively than Dray and will drag him out to the perimeter. Horford is shooting 43% from 3 in these playoffs so he"ll have to be respected from distance. Horford can close out on any Dray drives and the cutting action by the Warriors will be affected by the Timelord.

3) Pritchard will not play this series, he's basically out of the rotation unless Smart or White get injured or miss games. Pritchard is a liability on defense and those guys don't get playing time in the Finals.

4) Poole will get hunted on defense relentlessly by the Celtics so I think he"ll be a net negative in the series except 1-2 games where he gets hot from 3.

I expect that the rotations to be shortened in this series and for Boston and GS to really only play 7 guys.

Boston: Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Timelord, White and Grant Williams
GS: Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Looney, Porter and Poole

Pritchard, Moody, GP2, etc. will basically see minutes only in the case of foul trouble imo.

I have Celtics in 6 but could see either team winning in 6 or 7.

A few disagreements here:

1) Celtics can switch 1-5 so Wiggins won't always be Tatum's primary defender and even if he limits Tatum somewhat, Tatum has the capability to completely erase Wiggins on the other end of the floor whenever they're matched up.

2) Dray may neutralize Horford at the rim but Al is more versatile offensively than Dray and will drag him out to the perimeter. Horford is shooting 43% from 3 in these playoffs so he"ll have to be respected from distance. Horford can close out on any Dray drives and the cutting action by the Warriors will be affected by the Timelord.

3) Pritchard will not play this series, he's basically out of the rotation unless Smart or White get injured or miss games. Pritchard is a liability on defense and those guys don't get playing time in the Finals.

4) Poole will get hunted on defense relentlessly by the Celtics so I think he"ll be a net negative in the series except 1-2 games where he gets hot from 3.

I expect that the rotations to be shortened in this series and for Boston and GS to really only play 7 guys.

Boston: Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Timelord, White and Grant Williams
GS: Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Looney, Porter and Poole

Pritchard, Moody, GP2, etc. will basically see minutes only in the case of foul trouble imo.

I have Celtics in 6 but could see either team winning in 6 or 7.

I think you might have misinterpreted a few things I wrote. Or I said them poorly. Which is def possible.

I wasn’t saying Wiggins will be more impactful overall than Tatum. I’m saying that Wiggins will bother Tatum and make him have to really work for what he gets.

Wiggins is Golden State’s third option at best on offense. So he’s not really needed every game in order for GSW to score. And when he does score it’s often because of breakdowns elsewhere that allow him to get easy looks.

Same with Dray. Horford is obviously gonna score more than Dray. But Dray does so much of the dirty work that frees up others.

Warriors in 6. Talent is close to even, benches are both good, especially now that GSW are healthy. Or getting there.

Championship experience is the difference. Boston almost blew game 7 with bad decision making, the Warriors will not make those same mistakes.

Reactions: UL_1986
Warriors in 6. Talent is close to even, benches are both good, especially now that GSW are healthy. Or getting there.

Championship experience is the difference. Boston almost blew game 7 with bad decision making, the Warriors will not make those same mistakes.
The Heat defense basically double teamed Tatum and gave Smart open looks which he didn't knock down. I think only 1 of those 5 shots he took was really a bad shot. They were just milking the clock which is generally the right thing to do but the risk is if the other team has a hot stretch and gets back into it, your offense goes stagnant and you can't get back in rhythm.

The Warriors lost by 50 points to the Grizzlies with a chance to eliminate them in Game 5 so they have had their share of clunkers too.

Warriors have homecourt though which could potentially be huge.

I think you might have misinterpreted a few things I wrote. Or I said them poorly. Which is def possible.

I wasn’t saying Wiggins will be more impactful overall than Tatum. I’m saying that Wiggins will bother Tatum and make him have to really work for what he gets.

Wiggins is Golden State’s third option at best on offense. So he’s not really needed every game in order for GSW to score. And when he does score it’s often because of breakdowns elsewhere that allow him to get easy looks.

Same with Dray. Horford is obviously gonna score more than Dray. But Dray does so much of the dirty work that frees up others.
I got what you're saying but I do think Wiggins needs to give them a healthy 15 PPG or so. Draymond is basically a nonfactor on offense at this point outside of transition buckets and missed defensive assignments by the other team.

Looney might be completely neutralized this series outside of offensive putbacks so is it all going to fall on the shoulders of the Splash Brothers?

That's a lot to ask for Steph to drop 35+ every game when he's being hounded by Marcus Smart. Klay won't have it any easier with a combo of Brown and Tatum switching on to him.

IMO, GS needs Wiggins to play at the same high level like he did vs the Mavs to win this series. He's shown he's capable and I assume Tatum will sag off of him at times to shade attention to Klay if that's where the ball goes so Wigs needs to take advantage.

I got what you're saying but I do think Wiggins needs to give them a healthy 15 PPG or so. Draymond is basically a nonfactor on offense at this point outside of transition buckets and missed defensive assignments by the other team.

Looney might be completely neutralized this series outside of offensive putbacks so is it all going to fall on the shoulders of the Splash Brothers?

That's a lot to ask for Steph to drop 35+ every game when he's being hounded by Marcus Smart. Klay won't have it any easier with a combo of Brown and Tatum switching on to him.

IMO, GS needs Wiggins to play at the same high level like he did vs the Mavs to win this series. He's shown he's capable and I assume Tatum will sag off of him at times to shade attention to Klay if that's where the ball goes so Wigs needs to take advantage.

Dray is a non factor SCORING. Not a non-factor on offense. Dude can have 8-10 assists in a game.

And no it’s not all on Steph and Klay. Poole is gonna score. Wiggins is gonna score, especially in transition. Porter is gonna score if he’s healthy.

Sheesh, man, listening to you one would think the Warriors won 35 games this year.

great game 1, celtics stole game one, but i see this one going 7.

How about al horford, what a game. Hes gotta be one of the most under appreciated players in the nba imo. Dudes just super smart and makes winning plays.

Former Univ. of Florida baller "You can call me Al" Horford scores 26 points in his NBA Finals debut (after a record 141 playoff-games before reaching the Finals) to lead the Boston Celtics to a 120-108 Game1 win over the previously undefeated(9-0 at home in the playoff) Golden State Warriors!

Remember that old NBA statline, 70% of G1 winners go on to win the NBA championship!

And for your listening pleasure, the Florida Marching Band:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT