ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NBA Playoff Thread.

I hate that De'Andre Hunter has to play on the same team as Trae.
it was nice of slippy hands Hunter to finally show up this season after taking the entire regular season off.

But you are right in that Trae and Hunter are not a good match. But it's not really Trae's fault. I blame Nate McMillan for having a playbook that consists of one play and one play only, spamming 1/5 PNR all game long. As a result Hunter's entire offense becomes just standing in teh corner waiting for open 3s. and make no mistake, he gets a ton of wide open corner 3s as a result of playing with Trae. Trae and Hunter would benefit from more motion in the offense.

Trae needs to learn how to play off the ball. It shouldn't be that hard, but for some reason he has no clue. The whole offense needs to be revamped to have more movement. Maybe with more movement Hunter will get more than a couple rebounds per game. His hands are a lot worse than I expected though, he fumbles a lot of balls.

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
it was nice of slippy hands Hunter to finally show up this season after taking the entire regular season off.

But you are right in that Trae and Hunter are not a good match. But it's not really Trae's fault. I blame Nate McMillan for having a playbook that consists of one play and one play only, spamming 1/5 PNR all game long. As a result Hunter's entire offense becomes just standing in teh corner waiting for open 3s. and make no mistake, he gets a ton of wide open corner 3s as a result of playing with Trae. Trae and Hunter would benefit from more motion in the offense.

Trae needs to learn how to play off the ball. It shouldn't be that hard, but for some reason he has no clue. The whole offense needs to be revamped to have more movement. Maybe with more movement Hunter will get more than a couple rebounds per game. His hands are a lot worse than I expected though, he fumbles a lot of balls.

Yeah his handle has always been a little suspect. It's what prevents him from being elite imo. It has gotten a lot better since his time at UVA if that tells you anything.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Did John Collins play in the series?
unlike 99% of the NBA he actually played hurt. He only played in a few games since before the all star game due to plantar faciitis. Also busted his finger up and it ballooned to 5x it's normal size. It was taped during the series which would obvious affect his shooting.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Trae needs to watch film of Steph or old school film of Tony Parker on repeat. Pass and relocate—that’s the way to get good looks at three. Not the off the bounce stuff him and Harden insist on doing.

Steph just plays two man games with Dray or Klay or Poole or anyone. Pass and relocate.

• Love
^^^^the talent in the league is crazy right now. I’d argue the best ever.

And I saw that Warriors/Grizz was the most watched second round game since 2011. No surprise given Steph and Ja. Both are super popular and Steph even has cross over appeal with women from his wife and tv shows.

In other news, I dropped a dime on Grizz to win SU tonight. No way the nba let’s that series end in 4 or 5.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

And I saw that Warriors/Grizz was the most watched second round game since 2011. No surprise given Steph and Ja. Both are super popular and Steph even has cross over appeal with women from his wife and tv shows.

In other news, I dropped a dime on Grizz to win SU tonight. No way the nba let’s that series end in 4 or 5.
Owner of the dealership gave me tickets to tonight's game(spiff for last months performance), but I have to get up early at 2am (about to go to bed now). Wished I could go, gave them to my BIL who's never watched an entire bball game on TV, much less been to a game before. He's taking his new gf who probably doesn't know the difference between a football and basketball.

• Wow
Reactions: GE Nole
Owner of the dealership gave me tickets to tonight's game(spiff for last months performance), but I have to get up early at 2am (about to go to bed now). Wished I could go, gave them to my BIL who's never watched an entire bball game on TV, much less been to a game before. He's taking his new gf who probably doesn't know the difference between a football and basketball.

Holy moly. That is tough luck by you.

Nice job last month!

Ur BIL sucks.

u shoulda got an eight ball and did all ur shit including the game.
I was a little pissed when he told me he left at halftime. Honestly though, they would have been empty seats anyway. I don't know many here.Wife gets to be at work at 4:30 to have sessions at 5. Can't mess around with that stuff so I had no choice.

Trae needs to watch film of Steph or old school film of Tony Parker on repeat. Pass and relocate—that’s the way to get good looks at three. Not the off the bounce stuff him and Harden insist on doing.

Steph just plays two man games with Dray or Klay or Poole or anyone. Pass and relocate.
yep this 100%. The crazy thing is Trae shot at a high efficiency this year despite the fact that 99% of his 3s are contested and off the dribble. Imagine who good he would shoot if he learned to play off the ball and started getting some open catch and shoot opportunities?

Trae has vowed to get better this offseason and so far he has made massive strides and added something new to his game every off season so I believe him. Last year he didn't have a mid range game. Came back this year with one of the best mid range games in the league. After his rookie year he worked on the floater and now he is the best in the league at it.

yep this 100%. The crazy thing is Trae shot at a high efficiency this year despite the fact that 99% of his 3s are contested and off the dribble. Imagine who good he would shoot if he learned to play off the ball and started getting some open catch and shoot opportunities?

Trae has vowed to get better this offseason and so far he has made massive strides and added something new to his game every off season so I believe him. Last year he didn't have a mid range game. Came back this year with one of the best mid range games in the league. After his rookie year he worked on the floater and now he is the best in the league at it.
I saw a stat on who shot the hiighest % from different feet from the basket, I can't find it now, but Young dominated the longest.

It's lost now, I can't be only who saw it.

I saw a stat on who shot the hiighest % from different feet from the basket, I can't find it now, but Young dominated the longest.

It's lost now, I can't be only who saw it.
yea, Trae had his face on that sheet a few different spots from deep.

I'll know the season has been a roaring success if his face starts appearing on the corner 3 spots. That would mean 2 things. One, he started moving off the ball effectively. Two, ATL got a second star to take some D pressure off Trae.

yea, Trae had his face on that sheet a few different spots from deep.

I'll know the season has been a roaring success if his face starts appearing on the corner 3 spots. That would mean 2 things. One, he started moving off the ball effectively. Two, ATL got a second star to take some D pressure off Trae.

Good stuff, well said.

Look, Brooks made dirty play, but the people and team specifically bitching about it have no room to talk. Like at all.

Draymond Green is one of the biggest and dirtiest bitches in the league. If Kerr is going to call anyone or any team dirty he needs to look in the fvcking mirror.

Look, Brooks made dirty play, but the people and team specifically bitching about it have no room to talk. Like at all.

Draymond Green is one of the biggest and dirtiest bitches in the league. If Kerr is going to call anyone or any team dirty he needs to look in the fvcking mirror.
It's crazy Green was once committed to UK/Tubby.

Reactions: JimboBBN

Dude I didn’t think about it before the series but the Warriors not having a rim protector is really hurting them against Morant. That dude is insanely good.

Didn’t receive an offer from Clemson bball. That’s how nasty we are.

• Haha
Reactions: Villian07
Dude I didn’t think about it before the series but the Warriors not having a rim protector is really hurting them against Morant. That dude is insanely good.

Didn’t receive an offer from Clemson bball. That’s how nasty we are.

Morant is really darn good. But allowing him to take like 4 steps on half his drives is a bit of an advantage lol.

We played Murray State in the Dance when they had Ja. Beat the crap out of them but Ja was real good.

ADVERTISEMENT