ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

Ayton is Hakeem light imo. Dude is very very good.
He will never have post moves like Hakeem, but not sure anyone will ever again, eap not in this three ball era we are in.

Not meant to slight ayton bc i agree he is really really good, and only gonna get better. But hakeem was the best finesse post player iver ever seen but im too young for kareem or bill or wilt. And shaq was a power post man despite his amazing athleticism.

He will never have post moves like Hakeem, but not sure anyone will ever again, eap not in this three ball era we are in.

Not meant to slight ayton bc i agree he is really really good, and only gonna get better. But hakeem was the best finesse post player iver ever seen but im too young for kareem or bill or wilt. And shaq was a power post man despite his amazing athleticism.
For sure, that’s why I said he is essentially a poor mans Hakeem. Ayton is still progressing too.

Reactions: Villian07
Milwaukee just doesn’t have that guy that controls tempo like a Lebron, Chris Paul, Kobe, Jordan etc. not putting cp3 in that category with the others,
But he’s been consistently great most of his career, and he’s always been able to control tempo and get the most out of everyone around him, being a leader...like the others mentioned.

Btw my five favorite “new gen” players are:

Trae Young
Donovan Mitchell
Jamal Murray
Devin Booker
Deandre Ayton

This group is must see tv
Mitchell and Murray last playoffs was fun as hell to watch. It's carried over this season except Murray got hurt. Sucks b/c they could have made a lot more noise.

Shit, I think I'm about to lose power. Nothing better than a thunderstorm in the middle of Finals game.

This series will have a whole different narrative if the Bucks can steal this game. They're hanging in there.

It looks like the Bucks are Antetokounmpo and 12 other guys, and the Suns have a complete roster of contributors.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
It's probably pretty close.
Fk5rvlG.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Trae Young
Donovan Mitchell
Jamal Murray
Devin Booker
Deandre Ayton

Id get ready to put ja and zion on there as well if theh can stay healthy. I thibk they will both be stars.

edit: skipped the “five fave” part my bad

Reactions: UL_1986

Trae Young
Donovan Mitchell
Jamal Murray
Devin Booker
Deandre Ayton

Good list. I would have Ja and Lamelo on there ahead of some of those guys. Luka would've been at the top of my list, but honestly he's not as fun to watch play as he was his first couple years. Dribble dribble dribble step back 3 gets boring after a while.

Good list. I would have Ja and Lamelo on there ahead of some of those guys. Luka would've been at the top of my list, but honestly he's not as fun to watch play as he was his first couple years. Dribble dribble dribble step back 3 gets boring after a while.
Who u replacing besides ayton? I wouldnt have ja or lamelo above the other 4 just yet but the potential is there for sure.

nvm keep forgetting this is favorite young players not best

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
If I were to have 6-10 it would be

Luka
Ja
Zion
John Collins
Jaylen Brown

Again these are just favorite young players to watch.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Who u replacing besides ayton? I wouldnt have ja or lamelo above the other 4 just yet but the potential is there for sure.

nvm keep forgetting this is favorite young players not best
yea just talking about guys I take the time to watch their games on League Pass.

Reactions: Villian07
All of these Kobe comparisons for Book are making me sick. Coming from a Kentucky fan. Its so disrespectful to even put them in the same sentence at this point.

I'm really impressed by the Suns role players, specifically Bridges and Cam Johnson.

I still think the Bucks can tie the series up at home and make this a long Finals. Middleton and Holiday will shoot better at home.

I'm really impressed by the Suns role players, specifically Bridges and Cam Johnson.

I still think the Bucks can tie the series up at home and make this a long Finals. Middleton and Holiday will shoot better at home.
I really hope they do. I'm not ready for Basketball to be over yet. I guess it's good we have Olympic bball on the way.

The great thing about Olympic bball is we all become fans of the same team.

Certain players can not only get open looks but sink them. I can see that.

He's crafty *insert cowbell here.

ADVERTISEMENT