ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

Looks weird seeing those teams in the Final Four. Hawks & Bucks had a lot of good teams in the 80's. They combined to lose 12 times in either the Conference Semifinals or ECF during that decade. Could never get over the hump. Someone's finally going to break through this year.

Not sure if any team stands out as a prominent favorite, but I'll say the Bucks take the ship.

John Collins gonna be wearing a shirt of you at a press conference in about a week and a half.

John Collins gonna be wearing a shirt of you at a press conference in about a week and a half.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What teams would be a destination for Simmons? Who needs a PG that can't shoot and won't shoot? Who are the worst franchises in the game today?

What teams would be a destination for Simmons? Who needs a PG that can't shoot and won't shoot? Who are the worst franchises in the game today?
Reading 76ers message boards is pretty funny. They think Ben Simmons is the worst basketball player on the face of the earth, yet they then turn around and propose trade slime Simmons and a first for Lillard or Simmons straight up for Zach Lavine. After this post season, there’s no fvcking way.

I honestly think the 76ers shouldn’t trade him this offseason. His value is at an all time low. Let him be the decent regular season player he is and hope you can get a GM to bite midseason.

Reactions: GE Nole
Pelicans for Ingram
Warriors for Wiggins
Sacramento for DeAaron Fox
I’m not sure Sacramento would give up Fox for Simmons. I wouldn’t. You probably have to give up some other you g pieces as well. Even then, I’m not sure the Kings would trade Fox.

Thought I saw an article/rumor that 76ers tried to get Kyle Lowry for Simmons, but Toronto was not interested -- and this was prior to the NBA playoffs disaster.

I thought of the Warriors but I’m not sure Simmons is a better asset than Wiggins at this point. He’s definitely not as good as Fox.

Lonzo actually a great comparison, 4 years in league. First two years, 3pt% low 30s. Last two years, improved, this doesn't just happen. Had to work on his shot. Up to 37.5/37.8 from 3. Went from significantly under the NBA average to slightly above the NBA average of 36.7. Probably sticks in league for long time if he stays at that clip. I honestly had no idea Lonzo had made that improvement.

Which leads to the Q... has Ben improved at anything? Maybe his D. Maybe?

Reactions: dtgold88
Pelicans for Ingram
Warriors for Wiggins
Maybe the wiggins one but the other two would be crazy unless they just know their guys is gonnna walk next year. Those guys got free agent years coming up? I mean look at what boston had to do to shed kemba. I obv think simmons has more value but I this series will drastically hurt his value, to say the least.

I thought of the Warriors but I’m not sure Simmons is a better asset than Wiggins at this point. He’s definitely not as good as Fox.

Simmons is a lot better than Wiggins. But I wouldn't want either on my team.

I’m not sure Sacramento would give up Fox for Simmons. I wouldn’t. You probably have to give up some other you g pieces as well. Even then, I’m not sure the Kings would trade Fox.

I really ****ed up this reply format. Sorry
You count on the Kings being the Kings haha. But what they see night in and night out with Fox is an inability to defend his position. A swap there may be something they value with more defense.

Certainly doesn't sound like the 6ers have any plans to scrap Simmons. More like a double down.

Like others have said, it would be hard to trade him right now when his value is at an all-time low. I don’t think I’d trade Coach K’s grandson for him at this moment.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this commitment waned once he’s playing decently in the regular season again.

IIRC, didn't Simmons get paid 30M last year? IIRC that's was Jordan's income for his last year.

Been a while, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Jordan signing a 1 year deal for 30M and everyone was "wow".

Pelicans for Ingram
Warriors for Wiggins
Surrounding Zion with non-shooters is 3-head material, and Pelicans say no. Warriors probably make that trade, but close call considering luxury tax issues. Sacramento hangs up the phone.
Thought I saw an article/rumor that 76ers tried to get Kyle Lowry for Simmons, but Toronto was not interested -- and this was prior to the NBA playoffs disaster.
Most reporting re: Lowry to the 76ers was that Morey was unwilling to give up the farm for a 35-year old PG on an expiring contract. I would be stunned if Morey offered Simmons for Lowry.
Lonzo actually a great comparison, 4 years in league. First two years, 3pt% low 30s. Last two years, improved, this doesn't just happen. Had to work on his shot. Up to 37.5/37.8 from 3. Went from significantly under the NBA average to slightly above the NBA average of 36.7. Probably sticks in league for long time if he stays at that clip. I honestly had no idea Lonzo had made that improvement.

Which leads to the Q... has Ben improved at anything? Maybe his D. Maybe?
Simmons improved his defense a lot, and he's still a tremendous passer and generally (when he's not scared shitless) plays very smart.
Simmons is a lot better than Wiggins. But I wouldn't want either on my team.
Agreed, and they're both overpaid.

Wow what a finish. I had no clue there cant be goaltending on an inbound pass.

and congrats on the 50 with ayton over 16.5 wish inwoukda read this thread before the game and seen that as well.

when they had ayton mic’ed up the other night i was super impressed. He was calling out the defensive assignments eith cp3 out, very mature, very observant, very unselfish, and seems very humble. I think hes gonna be the real deal, and if the suns can keep him and booker and bridges together they will be a problem for years imo

And shout out to fellow racer alum CAM PAYNE! Doing his best terrance mann impersonation. But he deserves it bc he obv worked his ass off bc his first couple years in okc when he did see the court which was rare, he looked like he didnt belong, and got bounced out the league and worked his way back. Like mark jackson said in okc he was nothin but russ dance partner.

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
Ball don’t lie. Beverley flop was disgusting and the out of bounds replay call is not how the game is to be officiated. Clippers have been down 0-2 before but now CP3 comes back.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT