ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

Lol Trae Young is 2 of 17. Garbo
His FG% and 3P% in general are nothing special. He's just a volume shooter so his scoring stats look better than they are. Plus his hair is stupid and he's goofy looking in general, like a wet rat or something. 🤪

Never thought Seth Curry would be this good in the NBA but he’s also getting abused by a red headed white kid all night

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
Good. I don't want to see Embiid win anything. Biggest douche in the NBA.
Agreed, I think after that Raptors loss where Kawhi hit that game winner, it humbled him a little bit. But yeah, still a douche. Pat Beverly and Grayson Allen also on the the list of the insufferable.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I can't see Atlanta beating Milwaukee. They keep on surprising me though so who knows.
Milwaukee is +170 and Atlanta is +2500 to win the NBA championship, if that tells you anything. Those ATL odds will drop a little bit, but they are still a massive underdog out of the 4 teams left.

Take note Buck fans. Young is 2-0 in series where fans chanted "F*ck Trae Young".

I heard that again tonight and was thinking "here we go".

E4YAZmXXIAETkXb

Good game Hawks fans. Emotionally, I let go of the dream that this team was championship quality after they blew 26 points in game 5. Entertaining series even though it didn’t work out for my squad. I don’t want to see Simmons back in a Sixers uniform.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
“If you feel useless, just remember Ben Simmons wears a shooting sleeve”.

Probably the best comment I’ve read tonight.
LMAO

i cant decide which is better ^^^ or the ice trae looks like a failed science experiment involving giving a human rat DNA.

Both had me Rotfl

Reactions: UL_1986
Simmons value probably pretty low right now. Sixers could struggle to find a trade. After 4 yrs this is probably what he is. Not sure what franchise would be ready to put together a good trade offer.

Cosign. I’m a Catholic. I don’t think I’ve been punished enough or made to enough crow.
Before these playoffs I thought you all had a tough decision to make between Simmons and Embiid. I actually think this series possibly prevented you all from making the drastic mistake of trading Embiid. Not that Philly thought Simmons was better, but he was always healthier, and he never looked THIS bad before.

Before these playoffs I thought you all had a tough decision to make between Simmons and Embiid. I actually think this series possibly prevented you all from making the drastic mistake of trading Embiid. Not that Philly thought Simmons was better, but he was always healthier, and he never looked THIS bad before.
The decision you speak of was more likely last summer. That’s no longer the deal. Simmons won’t play another game in a Sixers uniform. They won’t get an All Star back but they’ll get a good package. The Sixers have to hunt for fits. A guy who is all NBA defense and can cover 1-5 is going to be an asset in the eyes of a number of clubs. Brandon Ingram is a salary match. That would be a nice deal for the Sixers. He fits as the number 2 option to Embiid.

Reactions: JimboBBN
The decision you speak of was more likely last summer. That’s no longer the deal. Simmons won’t play another game in a Sixers uniform. They won’t get an All Star back but they’ll get a good package. The Sixers have to hunt for fits. A guy who is all NBA defense and can cover 1-5 is going to be an asset in the eyes of a number of clubs. Brandon Ingram is a salary match. That would be a nice deal for the Sixers. He fits as the number 2 option to Embiid.
Heard the name CJ McCollum tossed around a little this morning. I think he would be a good fit with Embiid and Harris.

So happy right now! Been waiting for the other players on the team to step up and carry the team and last night Huerter was obviously that guy. Trae showed he's a star when he shook off his poor shooting night to take over and hit 3 big shots in the final 4 minutes as well as delivering a couple really nice lobs.

I knew we could beat this team if we were full strength, but without Hunter and then Bogi obviously hampered last night it's amazing they did what they did.

Never thought Seth Curry would be this good in the NBA but he’s also getting abused by a red headed white kid all night

Still funny that Greenberg passed on both Curry boys. He's never coached anyone in the NBA that has averaged more than 5 ppg.

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
Cosign. I’m a Catholic. I don’t think I’ve been punished enough or made to enough crow.
hey @iliketrafficlights , just want to say it was a pleasure talking Hawks vs Sixers with you during the series. You're nothing but class, even when you joined big baby Embiid in crying about the refs for the past couple games. Glad you stumbled on this board and this thread, the NBA playoff talk wouldn't be the same without you.

Now please join me on the Hawks bandwagon. At least that way when we win it all you can say you lost to the best team in the world.

Looks weird seeing those teams in the Final Four. Hawks & Bucks had a lot of good teams in the 80's. They combined to lose 12 times in either the Conference Semifinals or ECF during that decade. Could never get over the hump. Someone's finally going to break through this year.

Not sure if any team stands out as a prominent favorite, but I'll say the Bucks take the ship.

• Angry
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT