ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

Philly quit. Their body language was horrible at the end of the game. Moping around. No energy. Just letting the Hawks do whatever they want. I would love to blame Doc, but I think it’s time to end the Embiid and Simmons experiment. Trade one, and I think it’s gonna be Ben.

Also, how about those Clippers? Playoff P, anyone?

I'm already staring at the clock hoping it reads 6:30 so we can get this show on the road. At this point I have no idea what to expect. I honestly wouldn't be surprised by any type of game tonight...blowout win, blowout loss, OT thriller...any of those could be in the cards tonight.

Can't believe we are at this point. 2-2 series with the #1 seed. The opportunity is there for us, just have to grab it.
Good game bro. Your team is legit. Trae Young is That Guy and my squad is a fraud.

Have not followed Simmons has he always been so bad @ the FT line? Are his hands just too big a la Shaq?

This series may be exposing Philly's stars, but also that supporting cast. Around the league you see teams bringing in really good supporting cast types.

Let's just glance at bench players. Philly gets literally nothing there. They don't seem to really trust any of their bench players. When starters don't dress and skip an entire game, a couple of them seem to step up with big minutes, but when they are pretty much healthy, they are getting nothing there. Yes Green is hurt, so one of the bench guys thrown in there. What about the PG backup spot? Hill? Milton? Maxey probably better than both of them doesn't play.

Contrast, the Hawks...yes it's one game and Lou Williams has not been doing much lately, but he showed he can. Gallinari has been pretty good off the pine all year with his minutes kind of capped? They've lost Reddish AND Hunter, Dunn just hurt all year I guess? Yet still, it feels the Hawks "other" guys are giving a lot more.

If Philly completes the fold and gets bounced, yeah they will probably tear this down. Will be an interesting off season.

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
Philly quit. Their body language was horrible at the end of the game. Moping around. No energy. Just letting the Hawks do whatever they want. I would love to blame Doc, but I think it’s time to end the Embiid and Simmons experiment. Trade one, and I think it’s gonna be Ben.

Also, how about those Clippers? Playoff P, anyone?
Jimbo, I know our avatar bet is null and void since Embiid has played in the series, but if the Hawks go on to win this without Hunter and Embiid playing...if you were any sort of gentleman you would accept a loss and honor the bet anyway just on principle.

Jimbo, I know our avatar bet is null and void since Embiid has played in the series, but if the Hawks go on to win this without Hunter and Embiid playing...if you were any sort of gentleman you would accept a loss and honor the bet anyway just on principle.
I will honor it. I have it until the start of CBB correct? Assuming the Hawks win game 6, and I'm not sure how they don't.

Jazz jazz jazz. Wtf. Mitchell should have rested last game, hes gonna hurt himself worse if hes not careful.

Kinda happy for pg13, def shutting people up this series.

Conley is a must if the jazz are to get back in it imo.

Have not followed Simmons has he always been so bad @ the FT line? Are his hands just too big a la Shaq?

This series may be exposing Philly's stars, but also that supporting cast. Around the league you see teams bringing in really good supporting cast types.

Let's just glance at bench players. Philly gets literally nothing there. They don't seem to really trust any of their bench players. When starters don't dress and skip an entire game, a couple of them seem to step up with big minutes, but when they are pretty much healthy, they are getting nothing there. Yes Green is hurt, so one of the bench guys thrown in there. What about the PG backup spot? Hill? Milton? Maxey probably better than both of them doesn't play.

Contrast, the Hawks...yes it's one game and Lou Williams has not been doing much lately, but he showed he can. Gallinari has been pretty good off the pine all year with his minutes kind of capped? They've lost Reddish AND Hunter, Dunn just hurt all year I guess? Yet still, it feels the Hawks "other" guys are giving a lot more.

If Philly completes the fold and gets bounced, yeah they will probably tear this down. Will be an interesting off season.

Simmons was a number 1 pick who couldn’t even get a talented LSU squad to the NCAAT. So…yeah.

Jazz jazz jazz. Wtf. Mitchell should have rested last game, hes gonna hurt himself worse if hes not careful.

Kinda happy for pg13, def shutting people up this series.

Conley is a must if the jazz are to get back in it imo.

The Clippers role players were massive. PG13 obviously did the heavy lifting and kudos to him, he really stepped up. But guys like Marcus Morris, Reggie Jackson, and Terance Mann, those dudes all have major contributions. They did on the road what guys like Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons couldn’t do at home.

Bravo to the Clippers role players.

Simmons was a number 1 pick who couldn’t even get a talented LSU squad to the NCAAT. So…yeah.
meh, context matters. Being an LSU fan I watched that team closely. The issue wasn't Simmons. The issue was he had a horrible coach and teammates who were jealous and full of resentment. Coach wouldn't let him run the point and his teammates often denied him the ball. Very frustrating team to watch.

For sure bravo to all the clips.

But damn its more shame on Utah for me. You HAVE to win that game at home. I guess they still have a chance if kawaii doesnt come back but they should have not only beat the Clippers wothoit kawaii they should have buried and demoralized them, and took the series by the horns imo.

But again ur right, really, everyone played well for the Clips but eap the guys u mentioned.

meh, context matters. Being an LSU fan I watched that team closely. The issue wasn't Simmons. The issue was he had a horrible coach and teammates who were jealous and full of resentment. Coach wouldn't let him run the point and his teammates often denied him the ball. Very frustrating team to watch.
Truth Johnny Jones is such a joke. That team also had blakenly who was a five star that got drafted, not sure if he stuck. Def shoulda at least made the tourney. A real coach might have made the final four.

Coach wouldn't let him run the point and his teammates often denied him the ball. Very frustrating team to watch.
For some reason I just had a vision of Simmons being quadrupled teamed in college, 2 guys from other team, 2 guys in an LSU jersey, the an LSU guy dribbling kind of pointing Ben where to go but not really considering giving it to him LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Truth Johnny Jones is such a joke. That team also had blakenly who was a five star that got drafted, not sure if he stuck. Def shoulda at least made the tourney. A real coach might have made the final four.
Antonio is a sad story I hate sharing this stuff but some of these guys just mess up

I just remember Blekenly was the kid who committed to louisville, and after he did Nike threatened to quit sponsering his aau team, so after a while he decommitted and then pitino spoke up about the shoe companies being Such a problem, and he poked the bear.

That is sad though. Wasted talent.

You’re right about Johnny Jones being horrible.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Him and lorenzo romar wasted more talent than anyone for a few years there.

Washington was constantly pushing out lottery picks and even the #1 while missing the tourney under romar. Least he had one decent team, we just sent em home a little early. I really dont remember if it was roy or robinson or both? But 2005

Reactions: GE Nole
Didn't Hinkie pick Simmons? I thought the league forced him out later.
Hinke was forced out midseason prior to Simmons being drafted. They brought in old man Colangelo and Hinke resigned toward the end of that season. Simmons was Colangelo’s first pick. I’m not a Simmons hater like many Philly fans. He’s frustrating for sure because the product doesn’t match his God-given abilities. At the same time, I think I’d rather have Brandon Ingram today. I think he’d be a nice complimentary piece to Embiid. Since Jimmy Butler apparently didn’t like playing with Ben Simmons, you’d have had a chance at a nice Big 3 of Embiid Butler and Ingram.

What are we thinking tonight, folks. I think Atlanta closes out Philly, I'm actually 99 percent sure that happens. And hopefully for Philly fans, this is the end of Embiid/Simmons. You guys won't take that next step without trading Ben IMO.

No Kawhi, but the Clippers already did the hard part. Winning in Utah where they lost 6 games the entire year, including post season. I think they play with a lot of urgency tonight, and complete the series in 6 games.

Hinke was forced out midseason prior to Simmons being drafted. They brought in old man Colangelo and Hinke resigned toward the end of that season. Simmons was Colangelo’s first pick. I’m not a Simmons hater like many Philly fans. He’s frustrating for sure because the product doesn’t match his God-given abilities. At the same time, I think I’d rather have Brandon Ingram today. I think he’d be a nice complimentary piece to Embiid. Since Jimmy Butler apparently didn’t like playing with Ben Simmons, you’d have had a chance at a nice Big 3 of Embiid Butler and Ingram.

Ahh got the timeline screwed up. And for all Hinkie did right, drafting 3 straight center only prospects (especially Jah) will always be so confusing to me. Simmons isn't awful but he needs the right fit. It isn't next to Embiid obviously. Ingram might be a better fit now but Simmons was pretty clearly the #1 prospect in that class. Last year was the first year Ingram hadn't looked like a bust tbh.

Ahh got the timeline screwed up. And for all Hinkie did right, drafting 3 straight center only prospects (especially Jah) will always be so confusing to me. Simmons isn't awful but he needs the right fit. It isn't next to Embiid obviously. Ingram might be a better fit now but Simmons was pretty clearly the #1 prospect in that class. Last year was the first year Ingram hadn't looked like a bust tbh.
Agree with all that. I am leaning heavily on the benefit of hindsight.

What are we thinking tonight, folks. I think Atlanta closes out Philly, I'm actually 99 percent sure that happens. And hopefully for Philly fans, this is the end of Embiid/Simmons. You guys won't take that next step without trading Ben IMO.

No Kawhi, but the Clippers already did the hard part. Winning in Utah where they lost 6 games the entire year, including post season. I think they play with a lot of urgency tonight, and complete the series in 6 games.

I actually think Philly still wins the series

For the first time in a few games I am very nervous. Wasn't nervous for games 3 and 4 because I didn't expect good results. Tonight feels different. Hopefully the team gets out to its first good start in a while and keeps this game close early. Relying on double digit second half comebacks to win games is not exactly a sound strategy.

Start of this game could be huge. Get out to a lead vs Philly and they'll start feeling the pressure every time they touch the ball.

Reactions: duckboy33
Everything I’ve observed about these Sixers tell me they pucker tonight due to the pressure. Guys like Simmons and Harris disappear when they’re most needed. And Embiid isn’t healthy enough to put together two dominant halves.

Id empty out my bench and hack simmons all game and let him shoot 50 fts if he cant make em at a better clip than 4-14

Reactions: GE Nole
I hope you're right, but if you're not right I hope its because the Hawks steamroll these guys with Wiz!
Gave ya a like for the Philly cheesesteak reference. Well played. Good luck tonight (but not too much). I think the only hope I have is that if anyone can choke a 3-2 lead it’s gonna be the team from Atlanta. God hates that former penal colony Jawja haha.

I hope you're right, but if you're not right I hope its because the Hawks steamroll these guys with Wiz!
I’m more concerned about jazz game, as I want Donovan to do well, but he ain’t 100% from that ankle injury. They need Conley badly too. As for the Hawks, they should win tonight imo. They have all the momentum going into tonight’s game.

I’m more concerned about jazz game, as I want Donovan to do well, but he ain’t 100% from that ankle injury. They need Conley badly too. As for the Hawks, they should win tonight imo. They have all the momentum going into tonight’s game.
I don’t know how you can put an epic collapse like that in the rear view in such quick order. It’s the kind of loss that lingers. In the last 25 years the Sixers have had 165 games where they had a 25 point lead. They are now 165–1 in those spots. Epic level futility.

ADVERTISEMENT