ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NBA playoffs discussion thread

We can agree to disagree. That’s fine.

And Kyrie will continue to get hurt each year.

That’s fine, I don’t want to argue about it. It’s just odd to take a victory lap because Kyrie landed on someone’s ankle.

I hope he can get back soon. As a basketball fan, you hate to see series decided on injuries but it happens

That’s fine, I don’t want to argue about it. It’s just odd to take a victory lap because Kyrie landed on someone’s ankle.

I hope he can get back soon. As a basketball fan, you hate to see series decided on injuries but it happens
You think it's odd to celebrate bad things that happen to Kyrie? I don't.

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33

I don’t know that I’m celebrating it or taking a victory lap. At least not intending to. It was more just acknowledging the realities that the Nets Big 3 simply won’t be healthy all at the same time very often. So when making predictions about the Nets and/or the Playoffs, it’s just important context to name that those guys will likely be hurt at some point during key games.

I don’t know that I’m celebrating it or taking a victory lap. At least not intending to. It was more just acknowledging the realities that the Nets Big 3 simply won’t be healthy all at the same time very often. So when making predictions about the Nets and/or the Playoffs, it’s just important context to name that those guys will likely be hurt at some point during key games.

I hear you. I just think it's important to differentiate between reoccurring injuries and random freak accidents that could happen at any point. We can agree to disagree on it.

Harden is a massive difference maker for the Nets. His playmaking ability opens up so much space for Durant to go to work.

Harden’s second half has just been fantastic.

Reactions: Villian07
Durant's pretty good at basketball.

He’s a phenomenal scorer. But he can’t be the initiator. His efficiency goes down drastically when he doesn’t have a Harden/Kyrie/Steph on the court to be the primary creator and ball handler.

Harden being able to go 40 minutes tonight very well might have saved the Nets’ season.

Nah, I rarely bet on NBA. Too many clear instances of the refs/league getting results they want.

Obviously I would have had a different prediction if we knew Harden was gonna play, let alone play 40 minutes.
I hear ya, I almost never bet on basketball. Harden clearly wasn’t 100% but his passing made an impact tonight

Reactions: GE Nole
While Harden has historically been durable, he’s got a ton of tread on the tires. And the last few years he’s been showing some chinks in the durability armor. I wouldn’t have predicted he’d miss this many games at the start of the year, but once hamstrings become an issue they usually stay an issue.

Kyrie is a totally different story. Some bodies just don’t hold up to the rigor of the league. His is one of them. In his career he has more years with fewer than 60 games played than he does years with 70+.

Is landing on a foot a fluke? Sure, even if it does happen somewhat frequently. But one way or another, the track record tells us that Kyrie was gonna get hurt.
True but the argument wasnt about kyrie, it was that the nets would have been better off keepinng allen and lavert and never trading for Harden. And when u lay out kyries extensive injiry history, the trade makes even more sense for the nets.

He’s a phenomenal scorer. But he can’t be the initiator. His efficiency goes down drastically when he doesn’t have a Harden/Kyrie/Steph on the court to be the primary creator and ball handler.

Harden being able to go 40 minutes tonight very well might have saved the Nets’ season.

He is 6-10 and can impact the entire game
KD is a lot more than just a scorer.

He is using the disrespect to motivate him. People think KD can’t be the best player on the floor at the championship level

Harden is a better offensive player but not the complete basketball player KD is
Doesn’t get enough credit for his complete game.

Why would people think that durant cant be the best player on the floor when he has two finals MVPs. I think people are saying he cant drag a team to antitle single handedly, despite how good he is, bc he needs a good passer/ball handler to take some of the pressure off him having to do everything. And while he had 10 dimes tonight, hes known for his scoring, not for his passing or setting up teamates.

One of the best individual performaces ives seen ever out of durant tonight, unbelievable. Ur also spot on about his defense, hes improved that a ton since entering the league. And im not sure harden is the better offensive player, better facilitator for sure, but KD is a much more lethal scorer imo. Harden pit up crazy #s in houston but he also took a crazy amount of shots.

Why would people think that durant cant be the best player on the floor when he has two finals MVPs. I think people are saying he cant drag a team to antitle single handedly, despite how good he is, bc he needs a good passer/ball handler to take some of the pressure off him having to do everything. And while he had 10 dimes tonight, hes known for his scoring, not for his passing or setting up teamates.

One of the best individual performaces ives seen ever out of durant tonight, unbelievable. Ur also spot on about his defense, hes improved that a ton since entering the league. And im not sure harden is the better offensive player, better facilitator for sure, but KD is a much more lethal scorer imo. Harden pit up crazy #s in houston but he also took a crazy amount of shots.
Harden’s numbers are absolutely crazy
He is a Kobe who can create

Everyone talks about how great Kobe is. Harden is a better offensive player. Kobe was better on the defensive end.

Harden more than anyone deserves this NBA championship.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Also, I like the Nets to win tonight, even without Kyrie and Harden. I think Nash knew exactly what he was doing with his "borderline non basketball physical" comments. I bet KD gets a great whistle tonight and scores 40+
Granted I didn’t expect Harden to play, but I was right about Durant and the Nets.

I think when Sheriff talks about being a better offensively players, he's also factoring Harden's passing ability.

Hopefully you and @iliketrafficlights didnt lose to much money tonight. 😉
$50 down the toilet. Lesson learned: don’t make a play at 8 am for an 8:30 pm tip. It went down to -2.5 so even without a good result, I did it wrong. Money is just money. I’m just lucky I got treated to a masterpiece from KD. That was special. Sucks my money was on the other side of it but enjoyed the performance.

$50 down the toilet. Lesson learned: don’t make a play at 8 am for an 8:30 pm tip. It went down to -2.5 so even without a good result, I did it wrong. Money is just money. I’m just lucky I got treated to a masterpiece from KD. That was special. Sucks my money was on the other side of it but enjoyed the performance.

I'm just giving you shit. The bet looked good early but KD just went crazy in that 2nd half

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
I was like OK we're watching the Green show instead of the playoffs.

Pretty impressive performance.

Duck boy pointed out early in the series that Green was going to be a key contributor. A little vindication for him. I saw his comment being ripped on another board we post on.

I've gotten ripped on multiple boards for saying Green was a key player for the Nets. Obviously his role is much bigger with no Kyrie and a hobbled Harden.

The first 5 minutes of the Sixers game tonight is big. After watching game 4 Embiid I’m not sure what player shows up tonight. I think they can still win with a hobbled Embiid but they can’t keep feeding him on the block every trip if he doesn’t have it like they did in Game 4. I also want to see better substitution patterns for the Danny Green spot. I had no problem starting Korkmaz but other guys should have gotten more minutes with the top group. It shouldn’t work because of Simmons and Thybulle not being able to score the ball with consistency but the first group’s best minutes came with Thybulle in that group.

The first 5 minutes of the Sixers game tonight is big. After watching game 4 Embiid I’m not sure what player shows up tonight. I think they can still win with a hobbled Embiid but they can’t keep feeding him on the block every trip if he doesn’t have it like they did in Game 4. I also want to see better substitution patterns for the Danny Green spot. I had no problem starting Korkmaz but other guys should have gotten more minutes with the top group. It shouldn’t work because of Simmons and Thybulle not being able to score the ball with consistency but the first group’s best minutes came with Thybulle in that group.

I know I'm looking ahead as neither series is over but the Nets vs. Sixers would be two banged up teams in the East Finals. Embiid clearly hasn't been 100% but he's so talented that even 80% is better than most players.

Reactions: iliketrafficlights
True but the argument wasnt about kyrie, it was that the nets would have been better off keepinng allen and lavert and never trading for Harden. And when u lay out kyries extensive injiry history, the trade makes even more sense for the nets.

I don’t think I was part of that discussion. Or didn’t think I was.

I know I'm looking ahead as neither series is over but the Nets vs. Sixers would be two banged up teams in the East Finals. Embiid clearly hasn't been 100% but he's so talented that even 80% is better than most players.
Dude needs another cortisone shot. Plus he needs more help from his coach and his supporting cast.

ADVERTISEMENT