ADVERTISEMENT

#2 UVA at #4 Duke

Duke fans have been using the unbalanced schedule argument to suggest why teams like UVA and UNC have been winning the regular season in past seasons. Will you do the same if Duke wins it this year? Because you clearly have the easiest ACC schedule of ALL teams in the ACC. I'm not sure I've heard the media mention the ease of Duke's ACC schedule once this year. It just seems like when Duke wins, it's because they're the best. But when UVA wins, it's because they were gifted an easier schedule.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/accbasketball/accsosag.html

I think it was more Duke fans complaining out the conference schedule than the national media. In fact, I don't recall the national media ever mentioning it.

And yes, our entire ACC schedule is definitely 'easier' on paper than it has been the past few seasons. You won't find me arguing or complaining about that.

Last year's conference schedule is also why Duke was probably in the running for the last #1 seed, especially after what the team was able to accomplish in Brooklyn.

Duke fans have been using the unbalanced schedule argument to suggest why teams like UVA and UNC have been winning the regular season in past seasons. Will you do the same if Duke wins it this year? Because you clearly have the easiest ACC schedule of ALL teams in the ACC. I'm not sure I've heard the media mention the ease of Duke's ACC schedule once this year. It just seems like when Duke wins, it's because they're the best. But when UVA wins, it's because they were gifted an easier schedule.

Thanks for that site man.

Reactions: jhmossy
Please show me data that suggest that UVA gets away with more uncalled fouls than other teams. That's like me saying: "UNC is allowed to go over the back on every play but it never gets called"

Also, please show me another team that shot 0 FTs in a game on its home court this season. Some home court advantage we've got.

Calm down. UVA plays physical D. There is nothing wrong with that.

Game day. @jhmossy just relax, close your eyes, and pretend you're playing Michigan State in the tournament because:

a52c7bc1f566d1d17a0ecc33a38f99086d2fe2953e7d450d85c149002d098d94.jpg

Duke -5 and total is 136.5. I have no idea how to bet this game. Maybe tease UVA and the under?

If Duke doesn't win the regular season this year, it will be because they underperformed. This really should be a game between two 8-0 teams. I would even get over Duke being 7-1. Boston fkn College.

Reactions: kelley2403
Duke talented O is usually up for the task of facing UVA's great D. Seeing this might be the best offense Duke has had since the Battier, JWill days I think Duke wins this one comfortably at home. And by comfortably I mean 8-10 pt range because we all know that's more like a 15 point lead against Virginia.

By the way, this board trips me out how you show up, post one message and then are banned from posting for like half the day. No wonder it is slower than shit here.

Last edited:
Duke talented O is usually up for the task of facing UVA's great D. Seeing this might be the best offense Duke has had since the Battier, JWill days I think Duke wins this one comfortably at home. And by comfortably I mean 8-10 pt range because we all know that's more like a 15 point lead against Virginia.

By the way, this board trips me out how you show up, post one message and then are banned from posting for like half the day. No wonder it is slower than shit here.
Don't be a poor and you won't have to worry about it. In all seriousness if you message a mod I think they can help, it was put in place to prevent spam.

Don't be a poor and you won't have to worry about it. In all seriousness if you message a mod I think they can help, it was put in place to prevent spam.

So basically pay up to post on a fairly slow message forum? Making decisions like that is how one winds up poor. Not the other way around.

I've been coming here a while. Have always enjoyed reading/interacting in some of the conversation here. I don't remember this post count thing being this bad until fairly recently. Like literally post one message and then are locked out for an hour. lol Coincidentally (I think not) this lock out period seems to coincide with when I feel this board slowed down drastically. Good business model for Rivals right there (being facetious).

Feel like UVA is gonna win this one in a close game down the stretch.

Last edited:
Feel like this one is gonna get away from UVA. They have no match for Bagley and Carter. Matter of fact, no one really does...
We will see. They can't keep doubling the bigs all game, going to have to try to guard them 1 on 1.

Tony Bennett's senior picture just cost him some points with me.

UVA is just so fundamentally fantastic. However, 6-11 on 6-7 down low. Duke is gonna have to get it inside.

Lol... Duke's defense has been improving the last 5 games or so but it's like they just forgot everything they've learned. Gotta go zone and stop turning the ball over, most of the turnovers are unforced.

UVA has ran thay play about 15 times now and Duke still wants to run around the screen instead of under/behind

ADVERTISEMENT