ADVERTISEMENT

#2 UVA at #4 Duke

Weren't you guys unranked on like every poll before the year started? Crazy.

Yeah people saw the loss of Perrantes and 3 transfers out and figured we'd take a big step back. Those transfers left because the players behind them were better. DeAndre Hunter is better than the guys we lost. I didn't think we would be this good but Bennett deserves the benefit of the doubt.

The only person who knew Virginia would be this good a month ago was a man named Ken Pomeroy.

Reactions: jhmossy
I'd like to apologize for Allen's antics at the end of the game. Wish we had better leadership by our senior. It was clear Guy didn't get him on purpose. Allen has pretty much been a no-show in all of our losses. He excels against weaker competition but struggles to hold his own against top notch competition. Combine that with bad free throw shooting and poor decision making by our point guard late in game. UVA deserved it today. Proud of Carter and Bagley for being the beasts they are.
Wtf did he do that has everyone so outraged? Slap a guy's hand away after getting elbowed in the face? Big ****ing deal.

9779306_0.jpg

Cherry picking calls/no calls in a game full of bad ones on both sides. Never would imagine.

Funny I never saw any Kentucky fans complain about the equally bad and one call the play right before that one on the other end. Get some new material. Kentucky fans bitch about the refs in games that don't even involve Kentucky. Sad.

Reactions: tw3301 and jhmossy
Cherry picking calls/no calls in a game full of bad ones on both sides. Never would imagine.

Funny I never saw any Kentucky fans complain about the equally bad and one call the play right before that one on the other end. Get some new material. Kentucky fans bitch about the refs in games that don't even involve Kentucky. Sad.
Yea I know! Look how many of em come out of the woodwork when Duke loses!! Sad and pathetic!

Wtf did he do that has everyone so outraged? Slap a guy's hand away after getting elbowed in the face? Big ****ing deal.

I would have done the same thing. I think it is more throwing his face into the elbow and acting like someone knocked him out. I get it. You have to try something there. Allen just seems to flop so much and with his history as kind of a tantrum throwing brat he is an easy target. It is kind of on him tbh. I'm not really into helping a guy up in that situation. I would have probably slapped his hand away as well and I probably would have mouthed off to him as well like Guy did. I probably would have mouthed again after I made the second FT, haha.

I would have done the same thing. I think it is more throwing his face into the elbow and acting like someone knocked him out. I get it. You have to try something there. Allen just seems to flop so much and with his history as kind of a tantrum throwing brat he is an easy target. It is kind of on him tbh. I'm not really into helping a guy up in that situation. I would have probably slapped his hand away as well and I probably would have mouthed off to him as well like Guy did. I probably would have mouthed again after I made the second FT, haha.

I hope Guy talked some trash to him in the handshake line though.

Duke has capable FT shooters....they’re just incredibly inconsistent. That doesn’t bode well, long term, IMO. It’s really hard winning six straight games when you’re not a good FT shooting team. I seriously think Duke could overcome their ‘bad’ defense and inconsistency on offense, i.e. careless turnovers, but free throws will likely be their demise.

Reactions: Dukiepride77
Duke has capable FT shooters....they’re just incredibly inconsistent. That doesn’t bode well, long term, IMO. It’s really hard winning six straight games when you’re not a good FT shooting team. I seriously think Duke could overcome their ‘bad’ defense and inconsistency on offense, i.e. careless turnovers, but free throws will likely be their demise.
UVA is bad match up against Duke. They basically have 2 shooters in Trent and Allen, and weren’t able to open up the packline D at all.

ADVERTISEMENT