ADVERTISEMENT

152 - 71

I listened to yall on the radio today at work. I didn't realize UofL had rattled off like 12 in a row on Pitt. I thought it was a competitive series in the Big East days?

I listened to yall on the radio today at work. I didn't realize UofL had rattled off like 12 in a row on Pitt. I thought it was a competitive series in the Big East days?
We actually had Pitt’s and Syracuse’s numbers, even when they were good.

Reactions: American Male
Saw this, this morning. Pretty incredible...

We actually had Pitt’s and Syracuse’s numbers, even when they were good.
At this point any win y'all can get this season is going to potentially help us "salvage" this dumpster fire of a season. If we go to the NIT this year there will be no asterisk like '13.

Reactions: American Male
Saw this, this morning. Pretty incredible...

Dude needs to look at Pitts roster. They're extremely young (but not as talent rich) Stallings is in full rebuild mode. Not that he was going to get them to where Dixon had am, but Stallings is much better than this season would imply.

It's cool for people to bag on Tubby everywhere he's been since he left UK (because it's deserved), yet UK fans got ripped for "running him out of town". RollLaugh

Oh for sure, it was an easy headline draw. Guys got hours of content out of that.

No one at Vandy is going to cry for Kevin either. Two years out and they’re bringing in multiple Top 10 dudes in a class, while he’s out here at Pitt, trying to end his career in P5 coaching.

It's cool for people to bag on Tubby everywhere he's been since he left UK (because it's deserved), yet UK fans got ripped for "running him out of town". RollLaugh
Maybe because he's not winning 76% of his games? Or has won a national title? Or has won 5 conference titles? Or has went to 4 Elite 8's?

I agree that Tubby's tenure at UK ran its route. But had he not dome what he done at UK, I doubt to much is heard. I mean, how much flack has UK caught for firing BCG?

Oh for sure, it was an easy headline draw. Guys got hours of content out of that.

No one at Vandy is going to cry for Kevin either. Two years out and they’re bringing in multiple Top 10 dudes in a class, while he’s out here at Pitt, trying to end his career in P5 coaching.

112exd2.gif

Reactions: Hank_
Maybe because he's not winning 76% of his games? Or has won a national title? Or has won 5 conference titles? Or has went to 4 Elite 8's?

I agree that Tubby's tenure at UK ran its route. But had he not dome what he done at UK, I doubt to much is heard. I mean, how much flack has UK caught for firing BCG?
I could've coached the '98 team to a title. In the 9 years following that he never made it to a FF. Funny that he got the moniker "Ten loss Tubby" while at UK and in the 11 seasons since he's been gone he has racked up double digit losses every single season.

I could've coached the '98 team to a title. In the 9 years following that he never made it to a FF. Funny that he got the moniker "Ten loss Tubby" while at UK and in the 11 seasons since he's been gone he has racked up double digit losses every single season.
Yeah b/c that '98 team was so, so good. They were good. But c'mon, now.

He won 76% of his games, Kevin. At Minny....60%...At TT it was 47%. He's currently at 58% at Memphis.Maybe that has something to do with it?

Stallings can forever hold onto Vandy's 2012 SEC Tourney Title over Kentucky. I'm 100% certain he will never have a bigger win in his life...

I still can't believe Pitt crapped the bed so horribly last season. They returned 6 of their top 7 players for the 2017 season; the 2016 team was a 10 seed in the tournament. That team was way too talented to only win 4 games in the ACC.. We all knew Pitt was going to be terrible this season; they have the makeup of a mid-major. Seriously doubt it will change anytime soon.

One thing to keep an eye for Pitt is Ryan Luther, who will be seeking a medical hardship waiver. From my understanding, you have to play less than 30% of the games to be eligible for a medical redshirt. If Pitt loses in the 1st round of the ACC Tournament, he would have played in 31.3% of the games (10/32). However, if Pitt wins a game in the ACCT, the percentage will drop to 30.3%. Not sure how strict the NCAA is on enforcing these percentages. Maybe they'll have a little mercy on Pitt?

Stallings can forever hold onto Vandy's 2012 SEC Tourney Title over Kentucky. I'm 100% certain he will never have a bigger win in his life...

In retrospect, I was glad Vandy won that game. Took the glory away from IU to be able to say they were the only team to knock off UK that season, although they still touted that win with their Sweet 16 rings (even though UK knocked them out of the tournament). Laughing

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT