ADVERTISEMENT

Your high and low seed at the Big Dance

mikeinknoxville

Jan 28, 2009
Team
Tennessee
Tennessee has been on a nice run and could possibly work into a 3 with a win over Auburn. I could also see us slipping to a 5 if we dont win at least 3 of our last 5. Not sure that the Conference Tourny will be much of a factor..

What are your expectations?

High for Kentucky is a 2, low is a 5 and 3 is probable.

You guys are #5 on Bracket Matrix, meaning you're the top 2 seed.

There are still plenty more losses to be had for most teams. I think you guys could lose once more and still get a 1 seed. Winning the SECT or beating Arkansas on the road would go a long ways, of course.

Tennessee has been on a nice run and could possibly work into a 3 with a win over Auburn. I could also see us slipping to a 5 if we dont win at least 3 of our last 5. Not sure that the Conference Tourny will be much of a factor..

What are your expectations?
I think UT is a 3 seed now. Win out and we move to #2 seed. Of course we could fall to #5 with a collapse.

Arky and Auburn are Quad 1. If we beat Auburn we will have beaten 3 of the 4 Number #1 seeds.

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
Kentucky can still get a 1.

You guys are #5 on Bracket Matrix, meaning you're the top 2 seed.

There are still plenty more losses to be had for most teams. I think you guys could lose once more and still get a 1 seed. Winning the SECT or beating Arkansas on the road would go a long ways, of course.
I was trying to be realistic. We can't get everyone healthy and fit at the same time.

For UK to get a 1 seed they would darn near need to go the rest of the way without a loss or some higher ranked teams lose some bad games. I don't think either will happen.

In the SEC the schedule favors Tennessee and Auburn. Tennessee has one tough road game left at Arkansas. Auburn has a tough one at Tennessee and possibly a tough one at Florida.

UK has to go to Arkansas and Florida, plus LSU and Alabama at home. Kentucky really needs to get healthy quick.

Also often the difference between a 1 and 5 seed ain't that much.

I think KU needs a healthy Martin to go deep. He’s the best passer on the team and creates spacing. And he was scoring efficiently before the injury. He’s also the only player on the roster that I’d trust to create his own shot in crunch time.

Amazes me how many KU fans view him as a non-factor. Some don’t even want him back. He clearly made the team better.

I think UT is a 3 seed now. Win out and we move to #2 seed. Of course we could fall to #5 with a collapse.

Arky and Auburn are Quad 1. If we beat Auburn we will have beaten 3 of the 4 Number #1 seeds.
The game at Mississippi State really showed me that we have raised our level of play to the point we can beat decent teams on their home floor.

This weekend is another game like that except Arky is better than State. If we can beat them there I think you are right about a 3 seed.

I think KU needs a healthy Martin to go deep. He’s the best passer on the team and creates spacing. And he was scoring efficiently before the injury. He’s also the only player on the roster that I’d trust to create his own shot in crunch time.

Amazes me how many KU fans view him as a non-factor. Some don’t even want him back. He clearly made the team better.
man I don't sense that feeling from fans at all...some downplay Remy as they are trying to defend Harris. Hope Remy get's healthy, he is fun to watch on the court and he brings something this team does not have...I don't see any scenario that Self has him play more minutes than Harris though...He has mostly been playing 2 guard but you want Och, Braun & Wilson out there the majority of the time so it is either go small or have Remy in for Harris...just not going to happen as much as I feel it should.

High- 7 (maybe 6 if we're able to finally beat a few of the good teams remaining on our schedule..........or actually win games- plural- in the BTT)

Low- Out of the tourney (We haven't locked in a spot yet and are probably gonna need at least one more win besides the two-ish games left on our schedule that we're favored in............)

It's hard to say ... we were a 3-seed when the Committee released its mock seeds, and since then we have gone 2-1 in Quad 1 games. However, there haven't been that many teams we can pass. If Illinois wins out and performs decently well in the BTT (as we historically do), a 2-seed is not out of the QUESTION, I guess, but we would need help. If we lose one of our final two games or flame out in the BTT, I could see us dropping to a 5-seed even. Anything below a 5 is either a screw job by the Committee or indicates a total meltdown.

ADVERTISEMENT