ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

If we lose our Elite 8 banner, maybe we can ship it to Fayetteville, since you all haven’t seen one in more than 20 years.
That would be a good idea, if UK hung lame ass Elite 8 banners to begin with. SmokinSmile

Reactions: Hank_
I mean, this report is really all a bunch of bullshit. It's one thing if you can directly link improper payments and a coach (head or assistant), as apparently was done with Pitino and wiretaps as well as the other 4 named in the original FBI story. If the coach (assistant or head) knew, then your school has a problem.

But if some agent gives some kid money and it is all done outside of the school's purvey, then how does a school get penalized?
That's the UNC loophole. Plausible deniability.

TIC btw

Yawn. I do enjoy seeing more Cal was not implicated posts. Seems some UK posters care more about Cal not being named over UK.
I don't see UK being named either. Nothing at all in this "report" indicates any of the college programs being implicated in anything. Sounds like nothing more than greedy agents trying to lock up future clients. Matter of fact, sounds a lot like Corey Maggette/Myron Piggie.... and we all know what came of that, nothing.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Not that it means anything right now, but Cal also came out today and said he expects Knox to play tomorrow. Good news, even if just a little bit.
I think it would be silly if these guys had to sit. This whole thing is terrible for CBB and it seems like some are so happy for others to step in some sh*t they don't mind that it could affect their school and CBB in general.

I think it would be silly if these guys had to sit. This whole thing is terrible for CBB and it seems like some are so happy for others to step in some sh*t they don't mind that it could affect their school and CBB in general.
Agree it would be silly to sit them out at all. And as bad as it is for basketball, this might end up being a relief in some ways. The NCAA was always going to die a slow and painful death, the power five teams all just needed a reason to say eff you to them at the same time. This might be that time.

Can you list which players who were convicted of sexual assault have played for izzo? Thanks

Does that mean rape didn’t happen? MileHigh calls Brendan Gibbons a rapist (and I don’t defend Gibbons) but Gibbons was never charged or convicted. Appling though...?

Who did that DA end up working for after all of those cases weren't taken to trial?
The DA was a Michigan alum who had a long history of not going lightly on MSU athletes. This wasn't some MSU alum who had season tickets and got front row seats at FF in exchange for letting athletes off the hook.

Note: FF stands for Final Fours but wanted to clarify for Purdue fans since they aren't as familiar with that term.

Hard to draw judgement. I've only read up on the UK guys, but have heard plausible explanations for each situation. Who know if they are true though. At least if UK has to vacate anything over this, no "good" years seem affected.

Also---some of these amounts don't make sense. Some amounts would be pointless to offer families based on their financial situation b/c it would be pebbles. Other amounts seem to large or small concerning the talent level of the player. I would imagine in shady dealings like this it could be pretty for someone to skim off the top and write it off.

I don't see UK being named either. Nothing at all in this "report" indicates any of the college programs being implicated in anything. Sounds like nothing more than greedy agents trying to lock up future clients. Matter of fact, sounds a lot like Corey Maggette/Myron Piggie.... and we all know what came of that, nothing.

Of course but the schools are the ones facing the possibility of vacating wins. I completely agree though and have corrected more than a few on the home board. It's just weird to see guys day "such and such coach didn't do anything", no but your program is still going to have to vacate wins.

Reactions: American Male
I would be for players being held accountable as well. If they lie or accept impermissible benefits that implicate the school, they should have to pay damages or scholarship money back.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Calipari didn't even offer Jackson or Bowen, but he's frequently labelled as a scumbag. MSU recruited Jackson to the bitter end. IIRC, MSU recruits had t-shirts that had a recruiting class listed that had Jackson on there, and a lot of MSU fans thought he would definitely end up at MSU.

Then there are the other allegations that have been well documented, which I'm sure I don't have to remind you of, assuming you don't live under a rock.

Save your time. Despite evidence now implicating Tom Izzo in multiple scandals simultaneously, there are 4-5 MSU posters who go around quoting me everywhere telling me ESPN and OTL are just out to get their beloved Izzo and hes 100% innocent(again despite evidence proving that statement wrong).

It really is sickening the cult like following college athletics fosters at some of these places.

MSU posters go out of their way to quote me in every thread in an attempt to discredit me - and this is just on a message board - now imagine what happens in real life to women who come forward with sexual assault allegations?

Their lives provably get systematically destroyed. Its no wonder all these women are finallycoming out after years of being afraid to report.

Id be scared to go against the cult in East Lansing as well.

Bam was considered a heavy lean to team up with DSJ at NC State. By him going to UK shocked a few here in NC.
Yeah, he was considered a heavy lean to NC State when his guardian, Eric Peartree, was involved in his recruitment.

Go on. I'm having a difficult time seeing how you think schools are able to combat this, and there's no way in hell schools don't know that this sort of stuff is occurring.

You realize Tom Izzo and the Villanova coaching staff met directly with this agency, right?

Some coaches are directly involved in this.

Also---some of these amounts don't make sense. Some amounts would be pointless to offer families based on their financial situation b/c it would be pebbles. Other amounts seem to large or small concerning the talent level of the player. I would imagine in shady dealings like this it could be pretty for someone to skim off the top and write it off.

Right. I would not be surprised if some of these expenses were fabricated. It's hard to emphasize how shady Dawkins really is. He's a con artist. Nothing would surprise me.

You realize Tom Izzo and the Villanova coaching staff met directly with this agency, right?

You realize this dude's dad is Lou Dawkins, who was a high school coach in Saginaw for Draymond Green and Izzo has known the family for decades, right?

Even so, it's not illegal for a coach to meet with an agent.

From an outside perspective. Your country is doing great when your internal bureau of investation is focusing on amature sports.
Or when they are too focused on bogus Russian collusion made up by a certain political party instead of investigating and stopping a school shooting before it happened. I would probably do the same if I worked for the FBI though, because I certainly wouldn't want to end up the victim of "suicide".

Yes, I read that. I'm speaking about the "clean" schools.

Looks like UVA is going down in flames over a $64 tab.

“3/14/2016 Ritz Carlton Malcolm Brogdon’s Mom $64.16”

Brogdon's father, Mitchell, is a lawyer and mediator. Jann Adams, Brogdon's mother, is the former chair of Morehouse College's Psychology Department. She is now the associate dean of science and math.

They definitely seem strapped for $64.

I doubt that you would be able to get lunch for 2 or 3 at a Ritz Carlton for $64.16.

Save your time. Despite evidence now implicating Tom Izzo in multiple scandals simultaneously, there are 4-5 MSU posters who go around quoting me everywhere telling me ESPN and OTL are just out to get their beloved Izzo and hes 100% innocent(again despite evidence proving that statement wrong).

It really is sickening the cult like following college athletics fosters at some of these places.

MSU posters go out of their way to quote me in every thread in an attempt to discredit me - and this is just on a message board - now imagine what happens in real life to women who come forward with sexual assault allegations?

Their lives provably get systematically destroyed. Its no wonder all these women are finallycoming out after years of being afraid to report.

WTF is wrong with you?

You get quoted all the time because you making endless disgusting false accusations. And then you PM us apologizing for all the fake shit you post and promise not to do it again. You're a joke.

Who did that DA end up working for after all of those cases weren't taken to trial?

MSU fans will hide behind “nothing to see here because he was never charged” for Appling but Gibbons was never charged and Gibbons is a rapist.

I personally think both are pieces of shit that shit that should have been kicked off their teams. MSU fans can’t stay consistent with their logic between the two, though.

But there is no evidence implicating Tom Izzo in this particular scandal. There is one piece of evidence implicating Miles Bridge's mom.

As for the sexual assault cases, I'm curious what you would have Izzo do? Both the Title IX offices and the county DA said it was handled properly without any interference from Izzo. And that the cases weren't supportable. If Izzo dismisses the kids for alleged sexual assault and no charges are filed, he'll get sued. If he let's the process play out with the Title IX office and the DA, people like you will skewer him.

ADVERTISEMENT