ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

You're basing all of this on you watching the OTL report, which has already been outed as having multiple flaws. There are 70+ pages of the police interview transcript, of which ESPN published specific quotes out of context.

No one is saying Appling is some choir boy that has never done wrong. Many just don't agree that he raped that girl, including multiple parties not affiliated with MSU.

Have you watched the Payne police interview yet? I’m assume you haven’t because he literally says the girl told Appling no multiple times. I posted the video (the interview, not the OTL piece).

I have not heard about Rozier, but I have read specifically about tapped phone calls implicating Pitino in the Bowen payment.
It’s been proven that phone call was about the deal Rozier signed with adidas two days prior. Why do you think that we all know Pitino will get a healthy settlement? They jumped to conclusions and fired him before they knew the facts.

...and I do think that Pitino needed to go, just not the way it went down.

Reactions: American Male
Yeah no smoke at all around Trump! Hehehehee
534c2dfc1322230abe9e88d8f61df921.png

It’s been proven that phone call was about the deal Rozier signed with adidas two days prior. Why do you think that we all know Pitino will get a healthy settlement? They jumped to conclusions and fired him before they knew the facts.

...and I do think that Pitino needed to go, just not the way it went down.
Are you saying the FBI is wrong? You better watch yo back, homie! Laughing

Are you saying the FBI is wrong? You better watch yo back, homie! Laughing
How...as of his 2:45 press conference, has Calipari not spoken with Knox? That just seems improbable, not that I think Knox is guilty of anything, just seems odd.

Why exactly are Michigan fans trying to ruin this thread? Your program is squeaky clean and not a part of the investigation so why exactly do you care? Find a hobby or something. Yall are annoying everybody.

Huh? This thread is about teams implicated by the report. You should be asking why MSU fans brought up Michigan in it, not why Michigan fans are talking about a team that was actually implicated in the report.

There is literally video evidence of Payne saying she told him to stop multiple times and he just kept going anyways because he wanted to "ejaculate or whatever." - Paynes words verbatim.

That has nothing to do with whatever flaws youre fabricating to blindly support MSU.

You dont have a clue what youre talking about.

Have you watched the Payne police interview yet? I’m assume you haven’t because he literally says the girl told Appling no multiple times. I posted the video (the interview, not the OTL piece).

I watched the video. And read the transcripts of both Payne and girl, and the OCR report, and pretty much every available report that has been published about the entire incident.

Payne said she told him to stop because he wasn't wearing a condom. Then Keith talked her into going again. Then afterwards when Appling went into the bathroom she told Payne she felt used and disrespected. Then Payne made Appling apologize to her. Then they asked her if she was good, and she said yea and she and Appling hugged. Then Appling said if you want to hang out some time, not like this, we can. Then she said cool, and even told them they could come hang out at her room too.

Again, no one is saying that these guys were/are saints. But you also need to take into consideration that a Senior girl went back to a dorm room, during orientation before classes even started, with 2 freshman athletes. They didn't hold her down or drag her up there. Multiple groups including the District Attorney's office, Department of Education, Title IX, reviewed all of the interviews, as well as the evidence and determined that an assault had not been committed.

Reactions: northeastspartan
Englighten us all, please.
You posted Duke saying they are innocent.
I said Carolina did the same.
Meaning..... of course that’s what both will say, so it’s barely worth mentioning. I mean, surely you understood my point, no? Did you expect the Kansas mom to say, “Actually, it was $3,000.” Everyone is going to say they’re innocent at this point.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I watched the video. And read the transcripts of both Payne and girl, and the OCR report, and pretty much every available report that has been published about the entire incident.

Payne said she told him to stop because he wasn't wearing a condom. Then Keith talked her into going again. Then afterwards when Appling went into the bathroom she told Payne she felt used and disrespected. Then Payne made Appling apologize to her. Then they asked her if she was good, and she said yea and she and Appling hugged. Then Appling said if you want to hang out some time, not like this, we can. Then she said cool, and even told them they could come hang out at her room too.

Again, no one is saying that these guys were/are saints. But you also need to take into consideration that a Senior girl went back to a dorm room, during orientation before classes even started, with 2 freshman athletes. They didn't hold her down or drag her up there. Multiple groups including the District Attorney's office, Department of Education, Title IX, reviewed all of the interviews, as well as the evidence and determined that an assault had not been committed.

No means no. Even if she went back willingly, she said no multiple times (per Payne) once she was back in the room. Sexual assault.

Again, you will go to this extent to say Appling didn’t rape the girl but have called Gibbons a rapist. What about Gibbons case proves he raped the girl enough for you to call him a rapist?

It’s just weird you defend Appling but call Gibbons a rapist. I think that either both should get your benefit of the doubt given that no charges were ever filed in either case or neither should get it. Certainly you can see how this comes off as you giving me leeway to the MSU player and less to the Michigan player??

Anyone know how Mark Emmert still has a job through all this? If the buck stops at programs and the NCAA certifies programs, how the **** does Mark Emmert walk around unscathed?

The OTL report made it seem like she wanted him to stop and he just raped her anyways. If the context you provided is indeed the correct context, then it was irresponsible reporting by OTL and I can see why Appling would not have been suspended.

I think anytime a woman tells you to stop, you should stop. But trying to talk a girl into having sex without a condom is not quite the same as forcing a girl against her will IMO so that would change how I view this all.

Reactions: Anthony B
You posted Duke saying they are innocent.
I said Carolina did the same.
Meaning..... of course that’s what both will say, so it’s barely worth mentioning. I mean, surely you understood my point, no? Did you expect the Kansas mom to say, “Actually, it was $3,000.” Everyone is going to say they’re innocent at this point.

That post triggered you, huh? Seems you took issue with it. Why is that?

Triggered? Now someone can’t even reply to a post in disagreement without being triggered. Holy fvck, this board. Lol.

Ok man you're derailing the thread. Stay on those posters that post official statements from their schools/players. We need ya hoss!

No means no. Even if she went back willingly, she said no multiple times (per Payne) once she was back in the room. Sexual assault.

Again, you will go to this extent to say Appling didn’t rape the girl but have called Gibbons a rapist. What about Gibbons case proves he raped the girl enough for you to call him a rapist?

It’s just weird you defend Appling but call Gibbons a rapist. I think that either both should get your benefit of the doubt given that no charges were ever filed in either case or neither should get it. Certainly you can see how this comes off as you giving me leeway to the MSU player and less to the Michigan player??

You just keep on diggin on the Gibbons thing, which is irrelevant right now. Weird that you keep saying you agree that both are rapists, but you never called Gibbons a rapist until this MSU stuff came up last month. Your only post in that thread from 2015, you just called him a POS.

In any case, I retract my comment about Gibbons if that makes you feel any better.

The OTL report made it seem like she wanted him to stop and he just raped her anyways. If the context you provided is indeed the correct context, then it was irresponsible reporting by OTL and I can see why Appling would not have been suspended.

I think anytime a woman tells you to stop, you should stop. But trying to talk a girl into having sex without a condom is not quite the same as forcing a girl against her will IMO so that would change how I view this all.

That's the thing about the whole OTL report. They slanted it in a way that confuses the readers, especially because they know most people are reading the title and only skimming through the article. Its disingenuous.

They lumped in Izzo and Dantonio with Nassar, who was a true monster and MSU should definitely be ashamed of. They even made Izzo and Dantonio's images bigger and in front of Nassar when they posted the story.

They also stated "16 assaults" - but misled readers because not all of them were sexual assaults, and there were not 16 separate incidents. Of the 16, multiple were domestic assaults where a football player and a gf got into an domestic argument but were later dropped by the gf, after the player apologized. The most recent of the sexual assaults, was from 2 years ago on Dantonio's team. 3 players made a girl perform on them, and once notified Dantonio immediately suspended them and contacted the authorities. Once charged, all 3 were booted from the team/university. OTL made no mention of that, instead insinuating that MSU did nothing.

That is why MSU fans are so vehemently defending against the report. Zero assaults of any type should obviously be the goal, but things happen that coaches cannot control. As of now, there are no facts that support that Dantonio or Izzo covered up anything, or that they did not comply with the proper procedures in each instance.

WOTS that Kansas and Apples are about to get hit the hardest..
I get the fact MSU fans are sour about JJ...but why on earth out of all of this....would $2700 to JJ's mom be the area that gets hit the hardest? Why would Kansas be involved? Do you really think that small amount swung JJ to Kansas instead of MSU? Kinda sounds like you wanting a situation like this to be the truth instead of it actually being true. LOL at you hearing credible WOTS....BTW

You just keep on diggin on the Gibbons thing, which is irrelevant right now. Weird that you keep saying you agree that both are rapists, but you never called Gibbons a rapist until this MSU stuff came up last month. Your only post in that thread from 2015, you just called him a POS.

In any case, I retract my comment about Gibbons if that makes you feel any better.

That's the thing about the whole OTL report. They slanted it in a way that confuses the readers, especially because they know most people are reading the title and only skimming through the article. Its disingenuous.

They lumped in Izzo and Dantonio with Nassar, who was a true monster and MSU should definitely be ashamed of. They even made Izzo and Dantonio's images bigger and in front of Nassar when they posted the story.

They also stated "16 assaults" - but misled readers because not all of them were sexual assaults, and there were not 16 separate incidents. Of the 16, multiple were domestic assaults where a football player and a gf got into an domestic argument but were later dropped by the gf, after the player apologized. The most recent of the sexual assaults, was from 2 years ago on Dantonio's team. 3 players made a girl perform on them, and once notified Dantonio immediately suspended them and contacted the authorities. Once charged, all 3 were booted from the team/university. OTL made no mention of that, instead insinuating that MSU did nothing.

That is why MSU fans are so vehemently defending against the report. Zero assaults of any type should obviously be the goal, but things happen that coaches cannot control. As of now, there are no facts that support that Dantonio or Izzo covered up anything, or that they did not comply with the proper procedures in each instance.

You retract your statement about Gibbons why? What has changed in his story since you made those statements?

ADVERTISEMENT