ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo's got some dirt...

I watched the video. And read the transcripts of both Payne and girl, and the OCR report, and pretty much every available report that has been published about the entire incident.

Payne said she told him to stop because he wasn't wearing a condom. Then Keith talked her into going again. Then afterwards when Appling went into the bathroom she told Payne she felt used and disrespected. Then Payne made Appling apologize to her. Then they asked her if she was good, and she said yea and she and Appling hugged. Then Appling said if you want to hang out some time, not like this, we can. Then she said cool, and even told them they could come hang out at her room too.

Again, no one is saying that these guys were/are saints. But you also need to take into consideration that a Senior girl went back to a dorm room, during orientation before classes even started, with 2 freshman athletes. They didn't hold her down or drag her up there. Multiple groups including the District Attorney's office, Department of Education, Title IX, reviewed all of the interviews, as well as the evidence and determined that an assault had not been committed.

So she said No and then they used their position to persuade her to do something she didn't want to?

German chocolate even. The ramifications of this will rattle college hoops to the core.
But where did he get the fork he used to eat the cake? If he doesn't have receipts the NCAA should burn Duke to the ground. Only way Duke gets out of this is to have UNC speak on their behalf to the NCAA.

So she said No and then they used their position to persuade her to do something she didn't want to?

But where did he get the fork he used to eat the cake? If he doesn't have receipts the NCAA should burn Duke to the ground. Only way Duke gets out of this is to have UNC speak on their behalf to the NCAA.

You love talking about UNC I see, may wanna get yourself checked out.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Duke already knows all they have to do is give the silent treatment. Take the Maggette and Thomas situations. Nobody talks and the NCAA has no leverage to do anything. It's not like they have the authority to make people talk from a legal standpoint, they can only go on information they have. No talk = no punishment. Piggie refused to cooperate and he ended up spending time in federal prison for all the players he was paying. Maggette later admitted to it, after the fact. Lance Thomas nor the jeweler would cooperate in the investigation, so it was dismissed. Then again, I am sure plenty of college kids have $30K cash to put down on jewelry and get another $70K "loaned" to them when they ain't got no job and no income whatsoever. I strayed from the convo a bit there, didn't I? Laughing

Duke already knows all they have to do is give the silent treatment. Take the Maggette and Thomas situations. Nobody talks and the NCAA has no leverage to do anything. It's not like they have the authority to make people talk from a legal standpoint, they can only go on information they have. No talk = no punishment. Piggie refused to cooperate and he ended up spending time in federal prison for all the players he was paying. Maggette later admitted to it, after the fact. Lance Thomas nor the jeweler would cooperate in the investigation, so it was dismissed. Then again, I am sure plenty of college kids have $30K cash to put down on jewelry and get another $70K "loaned" to them when they ain't got no job and no income whatsoever. I strayed from the convo a bit there, didn't I? Laughing

So if Bam doesn't talk, we get to bring him up every year for taking nearly 40k without talking to the NCAA. Ammirite?

So if Bam doesn't talk, we get to bring him up every year for taking nearly 40k without talking to the NCAA. Ammirite?
Basically. The only way any of this ledger/spreadsheet stuff equates to anything in regard to NCAA violations would be if the phone tap conversations are released and they directly implicate coaches. As of now it's nothing more than names on paper and relationships between players/parents and agents. Pretty easy to pull the "we had no idea" excuse on that.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Basically. The only way any of this ledger/spreadsheet stuff equates to anything in regard to NCAA violations would be if the phone tap conversations are released and they directly implicate coaches. As of now it's nothing more than names on paper and relationships between players/parents and agents. Pretty easy to pull the "we had no idea" excuse on that.

That's what we've been trying to say since '99. Duke/K didn't pay Maggette. Maggette wasn't the only player that took money from Piggie. He just happen to be the only one that was one and done. The other two players at Missouri and UCLA paid the money back and sat a few games and no season was vacated.

I wished Maggette had listened to K and come back for his sophomore year (but then....naaa) and took his punishment like the other two players.

You sure they don't lead college basketball in attendance?
Records suggest otherwise.

It’s the 19th time in the last 22 seasons Kentucky has led the country in average home attendance. Since Rupp Arena opened for the 1976-77 season, UK has ranked either first or second in average home attendance every season.

That's what we've been trying to say since '99. Duke/K didn't pay Maggette. Maggette wasn't the only player that took money from Piggie. He just happen to be the only one that was one and done. The other two players at Missouri and UCLA paid the money back and sat a few games and no season was vacated.

I wished Maggette had listened to K and come back for his sophomore year (but then....naaa) and took his punishment like the other two players.
Oh yeah, Piggie was paying errrrrbody!! I think he ended up going back to prison after that whole debacle for stealing cases of frozen chicken. Guess times were tough. RollLaugh

ESPN’s reporting of this is embarrassing. They have become the National Enquirer of sports.
More like CNN. As soon as I saw the Yahoo article by Forde and Thamel I instantly wondered who actually typed out the article, because you know those two were busy stroking each other off.

Reactions: Da_Bull
ESPN’s reporting of this is embarrassing. They have become the National Enquirer of sports.
More like CNN. As soon as I saw the Yahoo article by Forde and Thamel I instantly wondered who actually typed out the article, because you know those two were busy stroking each other off.

They are just straight up lying about Bradley.

Back in the day I liked Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. Not sure what went wrong.
Everyone worth watching was either fired, retired, or died. Then they retain people like Jemelle Hill, that's what's wrong. The only one worth a damn on the entire network is SVP. I would really like to hear how they justify employing Bill Walton. I think he's hilarious to listen to because dude is out to lunch.

It’s amazing how the tone on cheating has changed in the past 24 hours. Laughing
I haven't noticed. Today's news certainly doesn't sound very scathing to me. It's not like we're talking about staffers paying for sex parties and pay-for-play stuff. At least nothing that has been released yet indicates that. So far we know about a few scandalous shoe company execs and former agents that were doing everything they could to get players to sign with them, that's about it.

Yea, I thought about other sports after I posted. I just can't believe they have whiffed this bad when it comes to basketball.

Its different- basketball and football are the only 2 with the monetary issues which are the root of the whole dilemma

ADVERTISEMENT