ADVERTISEMENT

Wow at newly ranked Northwestern's schedule coming up

Man no lie plus acting like round robin is somehow tougher when the other way, it could really stack up against you if u had to play the top teams twice.

That means no home games against lower tier team like kstate, tcu, Iowa state, only a road game where they might jump up and bite you. Sure it could work out in ur favor if ur lucky enough to get Nebraska twice. But no way to say the true round robin is definitely tougher. Fairer for sure, but not tougher. There’s a reason none of you big 13 guys have listed a big 12 teams schedule with that type of 8-10 game gauntlet.
Dude, they play 6 games vs ranked opponents. Tough as nails.

Man no lie plus acting like round robin is somehow tougher when the other way, it could really stack up against you if u had to play the top teams twice.

That means no home games against lower tier team like kstate, tcu, Iowa state, only a road game where they might jump up and bite you. Sure it could work out in ur favor if ur lucky enough to get Nebraska twice. But no way to say the true round robin is definitely tougher. Fairer for sure, but not tougher. There’s a reason none of you big 12 guys have listed a big 12 teams schedule with that type of 8-10 game gauntlet.

Yet none of them play 8-10 games against Top 15 teams

Lol a guy that doesn’t understand that the best college basketball players don’t end up the best pros questioning basketball knowledge? Funny.

Cunningham will likely end up better than anyone in CBB, but he’s not the best player in CBB. You want to ban bet that he won’t win NPOY?

Worthless award...

Goes by college stats. Sometimes put up against overmatched talent

Lol a guy that doesn’t understand that the best college basketball players don’t end up the best pros questioning basketball knowledge? Funny.

Cunningham will likely end up better than anyone in CBB, but he’s not the best player in CBB. You want to ban bet that he won’t win NPOY?
Garza could break his leg. So there is a chance.

Shows how worthless those awards actually are..

Yea bc where you get drafted is so much more important than what you actually did on the court while playing the game. The nba wants young talented athletic guys, who can blame them. But it’s not always guys that dominate the college level.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Worthless award...

Goes by college stats. Sometimes put up against overmatched talent
Lol. Might be the dumbest argument I've seen. A college basketball award for the best player in college basketball is worthless because it goes by college stats. You sure you're not from Flint Michigan. This looks like the effects of lead poisoning.

Yea bc where you get drafted is so much more important than what you actually did on the court while playing the game. The nba wants young talented athletic guys, who can blame them. But it’s not always guys that dominate the college level.

You rarely see best go against best.

Stats determine awards and not who they put those stats up against.

Similar to the reason why HS Basketball doesn't matter anymore compared to AAU

S

There are 5 Top 15 teams

Who am I missing? WVU? Without a center now. I don’t buy them or texh as top 15. But it’s all pretty arbitrary they look like tourney teams imo for sure. But my mistake.5 then.

This argument will go on till March if we get there so to each his own. But still 10-12 your conf games against tournament caliber teams counting Okie state as well vs 13/14 tournament caliber teams in the league. One gimme against Nebraska is it. No home games vs tcu/Kstate/Iowa State types. That’s 3 conf wins gifted to the top of the big 13 that the big ten just gets Nebraska, unless u get em twice.

Who am I missing? WVU? Without a center now. I don’t buy them or texh as top 15. But it’s all pretty arbitrary they look like tourney teams imo for sure. But my mistake.5 then.

This argument will go on till March if we get there so to each his own. But still 10-12 your conf games against tournament caliber teams counting Okie state as well vs 13/14 tournament caliber teams in the league. One gimme against Nebraska is it. No home games vs tcu/Kstate/Iowa State types. That’s 3 conf wins gifted to the top of the big 13 that the big ten just gets Nebraska, unless u get em twice.
Eh, the rankings are just the results of college teams playing college basketball games. I wouldn’t put too much stock in them. Zero Big 12 teams have played in the NBA, so I’d venture to say they’re not that good.

But the bottom of the B1G is the question. Like Penn State and a few others

You can look at it two ways. Bottom is good or the top really isn't.

Who did Minnesota play OOC.

Is Minnesota better than TCU or Oklahoma.

TCU isn't a joke. They have a solid rotation.

You rarely see best go against best.

Stats determine awards and not who they put those stats up against.

Similar to the reason why HS Basketball doesn't matter anymore compared to AAU

Or maybe the NCAA values the potential of an 18 year old over a 20-22 year old.

And the games are different, the nba looks for different things.

But like I said if Texas needed a bucket would u rather have the freshmen that avg 8 ppg but has unlimited potential or the upperclassman that averages 20??? The higher draft pick or the more productive player?

Eh, the rankings are just the results of college teams playing college basketball games. I wouldn’t put too much stock in them. Zero Big 12 teams have played in the NBA, so I’d venture to say they’re not that good.

Sorry I’m not ready to bet the farm on the AP poll on Jan 1st when most teams have only played a handful of games. And hardly any have played 10 games.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Or maybe the NCAA values the potential of an 18 year old over a 20-22 year old.

And the games are different, the nba looks for different things.

But like I said if Texas needed a bucket would u rather have the freshmen that avg 8 ppg but has unlimited potential or the upperclassman that averages 20??? The higher draft pick or the more productive player?

Production in college basketball doesn't mean as much as some of you think.

Matters who that production is against.

Penn state beat Virginia tech who is 7-1 and ranked
24th. They haven’t won in the big ten yet

They also lost to Seton Hall...

The B1G has a lot of teams close together

Some of you want to think the top is bringing up the bottom but in reality it is the bottom bringing down the top.

Mainly because there isn't a signature OOC win in tbe B1G

We don't know if these teams could compete with the Top

They haven't showed it
Wisconsin lost to Marquette
A team Oklahoma St ran off the court

Oklahoma St, OU and TCU would have a easier time competiting against the top of the B1G than Big 12.

Simple as that.

None of the teams people keep mentioning are near elite.

Big 12 definitely has two maybe three or four

Could have 3 Final 4 teams this year

Oklahoma St, OU and TCU would have a easier time competiting against the top of the B1G than Big 12.

Simple as that.

None of the teams people keep mentioning are near elite.

Big 12 definitely has two maybe three or four

Could have 3 Final 4 teams this year
Everyone would have an easier time competing against teams other than Baylor. Is that supposed to mean something? They also have a much easier time competing against the rest of the Big 12 than the Big Ten minus an Iowa, Illinois, or Wisconsin.

Everyone would have an easier time competing against teams other than Baylor. Is that supposed to mean something? They also have a much easier time competing against the rest of the Big 12 than the Big Ten minus an Iowa, Illinois, or Wisconsin.

Fact is Kansas, Texas and possibly Tech are on that level.

That is 8 games against tougher competition than anything the B1G provides.

Most of the B1G would go 0-4 and at best 1-3 against those 4 if they played them once

Most of the B1G would go 0-4 and at best 1-3 against those 4 if they played them once
Lol you keep bringing Texas up when discussing the top of the Big12...
What is Texas's biggest win this year?

Kansas and Baylor would be title contenders in the Big Ten. Baylor the favorite. Texas and TT are not in the same tier.
Texas is more likely to be unranked, like usual, than compete for a conference title.

Lol you keep bringing Texas up when discussing the top of the Big12...
What is Texas's biggest win this year?

Oklahoma St

Have you seen that front court with those older guards..
There isn't a single team that can match their front court.

2 Lottery Picks and 3 NBA players
Even Sims as much as I complain about him will play in the NBA. Too much athletic talent

Then KenPom player of the year stat factors in opponent strength.

Computers can't factor in certain things.

Nothing against computers but basketball is a game you have to watch.

Cade Cunningham could dominate regardless of competition. Can't say that about any player in the B1G.

The guy is a positionless player you can play all over the court.
Even as a true freshman he is by far the most talented college player.

Garza will meet his match...
Athleticism usually wins out

Rankings are arbitrary according to some of you..

Doesn't matter what their ranking was when you beat them.

Oklahoma St is better than any team Iowa has beaten

They are a few seconds from being undefeated
One of the hardest teams to defend especially at the end of the game. Cunningham can just take over.

ADVERTISEMENT