ADVERTISEMENT

Wow at newly ranked Northwestern's schedule coming up

That’s his MO. He won’t reply to anything that he can’t come up with a rebuttal to.

He’s spent half this thread arguing about how badthe Big Ten is historically. Why else bring up Ethan Happ?

Yet by his criteria for elite teams, the Big Ten has had more over the past ten seasons.

Now we are only talking about this year.

If the Big 12 has so many more nba players why does the Big Ten have more elite teams by your criteria?

This year...
What year are you speaking about.

Overall since 2000 the Big 12 has put more players in the NBA
I don't know about the last 10 years.

We are talking about arbitrary timelines.

If your numbers are correct the B1G has a couple more elite teams the last 10 years but you are bringing up random info to talk about this year

This year...
What year are you speaking about.

Overall since 2000 the Big 12 has put more players in the NBA
I don't know about the last 10 years.

We are talking about arbitrary timelines.

If your numbers are correct the B1G has a couple more elite teams the last 10 years but you are bringing up random info to talk about this year

Laughing

More elite teams

Calling it how I see it...

Every year changes. As of this year the Big 12 has the most elite programs going by schools who will play in the E8.

Because of the Round Robin Schedule. That is a high percentage of games.
Much higher than the B1G

• Haha
Reactions: HBFR

Every year changes. As of this year the Big 12 has the most elite programs going by schools who will play in the E8.

Much higher than the B1G
You do realize there is no guarantee that the Big12 will get any teams in the elite 8. The NCAA tournament is not as cut and dry as you'd like.

Reactions: HBFR

Much higher than the B1G

Your entire conference has 4 wins against top 50 teams. One was a buzzer-beater against a UNC team that is 0-2 in the ACC. Another was a 1-point win against Creighton. Your sample size is not impressive. I'm willing to say the Big 12 is a top two conference this year, but the depth of the Big 10 is unlike anything we've seen in recent memory. Expecting two Big 12 teams in the Final Four is possible, but still not very likely.

Your entire conference has 4 wins against top 50 teams. One was a buzzer-beater against a UNC team that is 0-2 in the ACC. Another was a 1-point win against Creighton. Your sample size is not impressive. I'm willing to say the Big 12 is a top two conference this year, but the depth of the Big 10 is unlike anything we've seen in recent memory. Expecting two Big 12 teams in the Final Four is possible, but still not very likely.

How many does the B1G have outside of their conference

It’s apparent Kansas is severely overrated. So there’s only one title contender in conference, and we’re pretending the Big 12 is better still?

Last edited:
Other than hating the douchey Irish headband guy who flopped constantly vs. Illinois, I gotta say I love watching Rutgers.
Rutgers has a bunch of Dudes that just know how to play basketball. Play makers, shot makers and they do it with flair too. They are very entertaining. They remind of an Old School type Big East team like St Johns with Ron Artest back in the day or the Nova teams Rollie had in the 80's.
Very entertaining basketball, I enjoy watching them.

So if the Big 12 has more E8 teams you will quit pretending to be an expert.

Odds are, both conferences will have two teams in the Elite 8. Current KenPom rankings have the #5 Big Ten team, Ohio State, ahead of the #3 Big 12 school, Kansas. So, while the Big 12 has the advantage of having arguably the best team in Baylor, you could easily argue the Big 10 is actually stronger up front. The variance is pretty small, however. What separates the Big Ten from everyone else, is just about every team in the middle-third and bottom-third of the league has Sweet 16 potential.

How many does the B1G have outside of their conference
So if the Big 12 has more E8 teams you will quit pretending to be an expert.

I love how his question backfired so he pretended like he didn’t ask lol

Much higher than the B1G

@ExitFlagger I can’t believe you’re letting him get away with putting this much weight on the elite 8 shit

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He has to wait until he sees if KU ends up in the E8

KU didn't have Bryce Thompson yesterday. Thompson can play with the players on Texas.
Shaka would have made a scholarship available for Thompson. But his dad is very close to Bill Self

KU threw before garbage time on the court 2-3 players who wouldn't step on the floor at Texas this year.

He is incorrect. There is that.

Top 50 according to what KenPom. That changes every day plus the Big 12 hasn't played in the Big 12/SEC challenge.

But Big 12 is proving to be just like the B1G anyway.
Bottom is beating the Top.

So can't act like there is anymore than 2 Elite teams until they show different

Tech and WVU see definitely overrated and don't look like E8 teams

Reactions: Villian07
As an Illini fan, I would have to agree. We barely escaped with our lives when they came through Champaign.

All plays out throughout the season

But they do need to beat the Illinois and Wisconsins. Matters your opinion of Hitler's Team. They did already beat Iowa.

Nothing personal but Illinois is a little overrated to me right now

ADVERTISEMENT