ADVERTISEMENT

Wow at newly ranked Northwestern's schedule coming up

It’s pretty clear the big ten has a bunch of good teams but no great teams.

Baylor and Kansas are clearly better. Possibly Texas.

I’d say too early to tell imo. We are less than 10 games in. Like you said with texas, would anyone be surprised if they stayed in the top ten all year or were an 8 seed?

I’m not so sure Wisconsin Illinois Iowa and Rutgers aren’t gonna be really good teams. I’m also not so sure kansas or Texas are going to be great teams.

And again if the tourney did start today they’d have more teams in than the big12 has teams in the whole conference.

Guess it all depends on if ur basing it off the top contender powers in each conf or the conference from top to bottom.

It’s pretty clear the big ten has a bunch of good teams but no great teams.

Baylor and Kansas are clearly better. Possibly Texas.

Eh, just my opinion, but disagree about Kansas right now- still top ten right now, don't know if with Zags & baylor right now...

Eh, just my opinion, but disagree about Kansas right now- still top ten right now, don't know if with Zags & baylor right now...

Nothing personal but a lot of us just don't see a team that would compete at the top of the Big 12.

People said Illinois. Not happening.
Rutgers is good but Rutgers is closer to Oklahoma than Baylor
Definitely not Iowa

Nothing personal but a lot of us just don't see a team that would compete at the top of the Big 12.

Definitely not Iowa

No worries- but with Harper Jr, I could see Rutgers hanging with any Big 12 team at this point (Besides Baylor of course). Just my opinion.

Reactions: duckboy33

Definitely not Iowa

Nobodies arguing the cream of the crop is Baylor. What we are saying is line up the conference rankings, take teams 1-10 and let them play, 1v1 etc and the big12 might just win the first 3 or hell maybe even first 4 (unlikely but who knows) but when it gets to 5-10 the b1g will have a massive advantage imo. Yes they have more teams. Not quite sure how to fix that in the comparison to make it truly even.

They appear to have 13/14 teams better than the big 12s 7-10 teams.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Wouldn't you say playing at least 8 Top 15 teams as of right now would help teams much more than anything the B1G has to offer

Nothing against the B1G but the difference being that the Big 12 schools play each other twice
So you get 2-4 games against Baylor and Kansas. Top 5
8-10 games against Baylor, Kansas, WVU, Texas and Tech.

For the bottom half of the conference 10 of their 18 conference games are against Top 15 teams right now
Texas would be at best 4th in the big ten according to KenPom. Big Ten is easily better.

Last edited:
Jacob Young is good but he wasn't even good enough for Texas. Why Shaka pushed him out
This is the dumbest thing I’ve read . Jacob has now been our system 3 years and Pike develops kids ; it’s his forte . He’s developed RHJ, geo , and now Jacob young . He developed Eugene O who was basically a no star kid out of Canada and now he may be pac twelve player of the year at Oregon.
And Rutgers is no way closer to Oklahoma than Baylor ; that’s ridiculous . We have one of the most talented teams in the big ten and are top 25 in both offensive and defensive efficiency

Reactions: duckboy33
This is the dumbest thing I’ve read . Jacob has now been our system 3 years and Pike develops kids ; it’s his forte . He’s developed RHJ, geo , and now Jacob young . He developed Eugene O who was basically a no star kid out of Canada and now he may be pac twelve player of the year at Oregon.
And Rutgers is no way closer to Oklahoma than Baylor ; that’s ridiculous . We have one of the most talented teams in the big ten and are top 25 in both offensive and defensive efficiency

Nothing against Young but he wasn't getting the minutes at Texas. He moved on. Glad he found a place at Rutgers.

But in terms of talent you are no where close to the upper echelon of the Big 12. Closer to OU than Baylor. Nothing wrong with that. Tech is as well.

Meh. If you're using KenPom efficiency margins, then yes. But, you could also say the same thing about Texas - they're closer to playing on Oklahoma's level, than on Baylor's.

Rutgers is a top 15 team, IMO. And it's been three years since Young left Austin. A lot can happen in three years. He's a pretty reliable shooter now.

Meh. If you're using KenPom efficiency margins, then yes. But, you could also say the same thing about Texas - they're closer to playing on Oklahoma's level, than on Baylor's.

Rutgers is a top 15 team, IMO. And it's been three years since Young left Austin. A lot can happen in three years. He's a pretty reliable shooter now.

They probably are.
We will see throughout the season. Baylor ducked Texas though to start the season

Are yoy saying Smart can't develop players?

Is it...Maybe in you mind.
But like what has been pointed out schedules matter. Big 12 has a tougher schedule.

Round robin schedule is the difference
How idiotic is it to try to blame the scheduling difference when you've barely played any games? Sheriff-level dumb. You've played 1 conference opponent, a very mediocre Ok St, that you limped past. I always thought that southerners being dumb was supposed to be an inaccurate generalization, but there is always some truth to stuff like that.

How idiotic is it to try to blame the scheduling difference when you've barely played any games? Sheriff-level dumb. You've played 1 conference opponent, a very mediocre Ok St, that you limped past. I always thought that southerners being dumb was supposed to be an inaccurate generalization, but there is always some truth to stuff like that.

Oklahoma St has better players than anyone in the B1G...

Cunningham would dominate the B1G

Are yoy saying Smart can't develop players?
He didn’t develop young that’s for sure . Ask the big ten teams about young . Ask anyone who knows basketball . We have a top ten scorer in the country , maybe the fastest player in the country in Young , a closer in Geo Baker , and that’s not even mentioning Montez Mathis Myles Johnson or Cliff O who is a top 50 recruit and is hurt. We have a ton of talent

He didn’t develop young that’s for sure . Ask the big ten teams about young . Ask anyone who knows basketball . We have a top ten scorer in the country , maybe the fastest player in the country in Young , a closer in Geo Baker , and that’s not even mentioning Montez Mathis Myles Johnson or Cliff O who is a top 50 recruit and is hurt. We have a ton of talent

Just shows the talent difference in th B1G and Big 12.

What we have been trying to explain to you...

Is it...Maybe in you mind.
But like what has been pointed out schedules matter. Big 12 has a tougher schedule.

Round robin schedule is the difference

The #10 team in the Big Ten, via KenPom, is ranked higher than the #6 Big 12 school. The #13 Big Ten school is ranked higher than the #8 Big 12 school. Depth matters, too. Playing 12-13 of your conference games against ranked opponents is very unforgiving. Baylor would still win the Big Ten, I'm sure. But even they would have 3 or more losses, IMO.

The #10 team in the Big Ten, via KenPom, is ranked higher than the #6 Big 12 school. The #13 Big Ten school is ranked higher than the #8 Big 12 school. Depth matters, too. Playing 12-13 of your conference games against ranked opponents is very unforgiving. Baylor would still win the Big Ten, I'm sure. But even they would have 3 or more losses, IMO.

Yet the Big 12 plays those schools twice

So depth goes away

Oklahoma St has better players than anyone in the B1G...

Cunningham would dominate the B1G
Cunningham is good. He wouldn't be the best guard in the Big Ten, let alone the best player.

Texas won't even finish ranked. Neither will the Cowboys. Big 12 was overrated preseason. Baylor is really good. Kansas is good. The rest are second-tier Big Ten teams and below.

Man no lie plus acting like round robin is somehow tougher when the other way, it could really stack up against you if u had to play the top teams twice.

That means no home games against lower tier team like kstate, tcu, Iowa state, only a road game where they might jump up and bite you. Sure it could work out in ur favor if ur lucky enough to get Nebraska twice. But no way to say the true round robin is definitely tougher. Fairer for sure, but not tougher. There’s a reason none of you big 12 guys have listed a big 12 teams schedule with that type of 8-10 game gauntlet.

Possibly.

But Kansas and Texas for sure have players who don't get many minutes that would start in the B1G.

Donovan Williams is better than Jacob Young in terms of NBA talent.
He is getting around 7-8 minutes a game
big ten has developed talent ; big twelve mostly has talented kids eBay haven’t been developed yet . Big difference . I’ll take our developed talent over underdeveloped any day of the week. You may have better nba players , but we have better college players right now

Possibly.

But Kansas and Texas for sure have players who don't get many minutes that would start in the B1G.

Donovan Williams is better than Jacob Young in terms of NBA talent.
He is getting around 7-8 minutes a game

And Greg brown has more nba potential than kispert or Garza. But if I need a bucket in a NCAA game to get me a win, I’d rather have either. Nba potential means jack shot, look at how many all Americans go undrafted or late first/second rounders. It is irrelevant.

Do you even watch basketball...

The guy can play every position....#1 pick in the draft
Lol a guy that doesn’t understand that the best college basketball players don’t end up the best pros questioning basketball knowledge? Funny.

Cunningham will likely end up better than anyone in CBB, but he’s not the best player in CBB. You want to ban bet that he won’t win NPOY?

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT