ADVERTISEMENT

Wojo Out At Marquette

Like I have said before ..

I consider Marquette a very under appreciated job.
A lot of basketball talent in Wisconsin and he surrounding states
Funny thing is a lot of those B1G schools overlook it.
Yes, there is good talent. However, if I were a coach, I would MUCH rather coach my home games in an on-campus arena that my school owned. Even if that arena wasn't so great. When a team plays their home games in such a venue as I mentioned above, regardless of how nice it is, the game-day atmosphere goes down several notches and isn't nearly as fun for anyone.

Yes, there is good talent. However, if I were a coach, I would MUCH rather coach my home games in an on-campus arena that my school owned. Even if that arena wasn't so great. When a team plays their home games in such a venue as I mentioned above, regardless of how nice it is, the game-day atmosphere goes down several notches and isn't nearly as fun for anyone.

But don't most of the Big East schools do that for big games
GTown
Villanova
St John's

Providence plays in a huge arena

Reactions: englandnu
GTown
Villanova
St John's

Also, Seton Hall plays in a large, former NBA arena and Creighton had the 5th highest attendance for the 2019-20 season. The new arena that Marquette plays in is fantastic.

This. I have been to a few Gtown games. None of them had a college atmosphere unless they were at McDonough.

GTown
Villanova
St John's

‘They do. In fact, that was a conscious choice by the founders of the conference, given that most of the founding schools played in major cities and had small on campus arenas. Still, give me the on campus atmosphere as a player, coach, or fan. It’s just better.

Reactions: duckboy33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT