ADVERTISEMENT

Why are some schools caught cheating while others aren’t

Certain schools get protected while others do not. See unc or duke for example. The ncaa knows who pays the bills. Unc chapel hill breaks a ncaa rule. Yet you see a school like unc Asheville get scholly reductions and two years probation
Duke and coach K have a simple formula on how to cheat and get away with it . 1st make sure your head coach has a clean and Goody two shoe image . 2nd have only have your trusted assistant do all the dirty work and look the other way and always deny. Case in point Kyrie Irving (how did a freshman get all that expensive jewelry). Coach K no idea . Always keep a clean image, trust only very few to do the dirty work for you and always deny(we are above that ) . Coach k was the best con man going . Sorry dukies !!11

• Love
Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
Duke and coach K have a simple formula on how to cheat and get away with it . 1st make sure your head coach has a clean and Goody two shoe image . 2nd have only have your trusted assistant do all the dirty work and look the other way and always deny. Case in point Kyrie Irving (how did a freshman get all that expensive jewelry). Coach K no idea . Always keep a clean image, trust only very few to do the dirty work for you and always deny(we are above that ) . Coach k was the best con man going . Sorry dukies !!11
And if UK was cheating and all of a sudden dook starts beating them at the recruiting game it’s probably just because the recruits just wanted to go to Durham for free and for no other reason. Did I do that right @ExitFlagger?

And if UK was cheating and all of a sudden dook starts beating them at the recruiting game it’s probably just because the recruits just wanted to go to Durham for free and for no other reason. Did I do that right @ExitFlagger?

No, you did not. All top 100 players were/are getting benefits, regardless of where they attend. Both Duke and KY acquire many top 100 players.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Villian07
No, you did not. All top 100 players were/are getting benefits, regardless of where they attend. Both Duke and KY acquire many top 100 players.

Hope this helps.
But if UK went from getting the top five recruits then it suddenly switches to dook for 3-4 years that’s probably legit is what your saying. Nothing fishy? Riiiight.

It’s actually proving pretty difficult to cheat without getting caught. Too many people involved that you need to stay quiet. That’s what happened at unc tbh. There were ultimately too many people that knew what was going on and more and more had be involved so it was only a matter of time before someone blew the whistle.

With these recruiting scandals…again so many people have to know what’s going on. Eventually one of them always talks.

I dont and never have believed everyone was cheating. “everyone does it” is just the rally cry/excuse of the ones that get busted.

Never ever self-report. Syracuse self-reported and got fvcked raw.

If you’re doing the wrong thing, keep doing the wrong thing and do other wrong things to cover up the wrong thing you were doing in the first place. That’s the message the NCAA sends.

And yes, by the letter of the law, every program worth a darn is cheating. In Syracuse’s case, kids smoked weed and a guy who couldn’t speak English had a paper written for him. Wicked competitive advantage. Oh and Billy Edelin got a couple grand while not playing for Syracuse due to the suspension he served for playing in a summer league with middle aged white men fresh from mowing their lawns.

Last edited:
It’s actually proving pretty difficult to cheat without getting caught. Too many people involved that you need to stay quiet. That’s what happened at unc tbh. There were ultimately too many people that knew what was going on and more and more had be involved so it was only a matter of time before someone blew the whistle.

With these recruiting scandals…again so many people have to know what’s going on. Eventually one of them always talks.

I dont and never have believed everyone was cheating. “everyone does it” is just the rally cry/excuse of the ones that get busted.

Not everyone. Schools that pull top talent every year? Without a doubt those players are getting something. Maybe you don't consider it cheating if Calipari himself isn't hand delivering bags of cash, but very few coaches get personally involved in transactions.

And it's not like most of the schools that missed out on top talent were avoiding it on moral grounds. The main difference between Duke and Savannah St is that no shoe company wants to steer top talent to Savannah St. Amazing how morally superior a school becomes when they have no other choice.

Joe UK Fan wants us to believe that we should give more weight to the biased takes of fans with no connections than the words of AAU coaches, former players, Merl Code, Gassnola, etc.

Do you know any current or former AAU coaches? I do. Talk to one sometime and watch them burst out laughing when you tell them that Kentucky is "clean."

Reactions: Villian07
Not everyone. Schools that pull top talent every year? Without a doubt those players are getting something. Maybe you don't consider it cheating if Calipari himself isn't hand delivering bags of cash, but very few coaches get personally involved in transactions.

And it's not like most of the schools that missed out on top talent were avoiding it on moral grounds. The main difference between Duke and Savannah St is that no shoe company wants to steer top talent to Savannah St. Amazing how morally superior a school becomes when they have no other choice.

Joe UK Fan wants us to believe that we should give more weight to the biased takes of fans with no connections than the words of AAU coaches, former players, Merl Code, Gassnola, etc.

Do you know any current or former AAU coaches? I do. Talk to one sometime and watch them burst out laughing when you tell them that Kentucky is "clean."

I believe you

Exitflagger, again man the story his he comes from wealthy parents. And all the wealthy people i know give their barely legal children stacks of cash to put in a shoebox for a rainy day 🤣

Oh wait, its fake money. Well its one or the other just not sure which.

Maybe he was just holding it for bowdens granny

IU, Duke, UNC, Kansas, Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, Syracuse, Georgetown, USC, CCNY, St. Johns, Texas, Oklahoma, UCLA, UL, WKU, UF, UGA, Alabama, UT, UA, Auburn, LSU, et.al. never cheat.

God comes down to discuss ethics with many of them. They are above reproach.

Weird that you omitted the one that actually claims to never cheat. 😆

I have to say….in a pay for play landscape, it’s damned impressive to put 35 players in the NBA draft over a dozen years while being clean as a whistle. Especially for a program that had only 6 draft picks in the previous decade. Cal must give one hell of a pitch. 😆

Weird that you omitted the one that actually claims to never cheat. 😆

I have to say….in a pay for play landscape, it’s damned impressive to put 35 players in the NBA draft over a dozen years while being clean as a whistle. Especially for a program that had only 6 draft picks in the previous decade. Cal must give one hell of a pitch. 😆
You Kansas guys can't win without cheating.

You are insecure.

Sorry.

Worry, worry, worry KU.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You Kansas guys can't win without cheating.

You are insecure.

Sorry.

Worry, worry, worry KU.

Were any players on last year's team under investigation?

Maybe De Sousa's guardian should've kept the cash in Silvio's shoebox. Is that the key to avoiding probes? 🤣

Last edited:
Honestly if there were anything dirty on hagans i feel like it’s only a matter of time before it comes out. That’s just how it is.

I think the kansas fan is just terrified that the 4 game win lead they cheated so hard to acquire is danger of being taken away by the big bad ncaa(yeah i couldn’t type that with a straight face)

Honestly if there were anything dirty on hagans i feel like it’s only a matter of time before it comes out. That’s just how it is.

I think the kansas fan is just terrified that the 4 game win lead they cheated so hard to acquire is danger of being taken away by the big bad ncaa(yeah i couldn’t type that with a straight face)

Must be hard to keep a straight face when you talk about A$hton too. 😆

Know what I’m not worried about being taken away? The 2022 national championship.

Feels good to be able to win without $200,000 dudes with unibrows, man.

Last edited:
Well, Zion did give KU a price and we couldn’t afford him. It seems that the offer of playing in a family atmosphere was more enticing than $100k

swoosh-logo-black.png

I know for a fact, Patrick Patterson received money from a basketball camp while playing at UK. I know because I took the pic. BTW it's Greg White's basketball camp. Same day I learned that John Walls was going to commit. I can't tell my source on that one 😜

4616_1149272420057_4908397_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Montana81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT