ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Y'alls Best Win this Year?

The most complete game we played all year was against Nebraska. Our BEST win was against Kentucky and our worst loss statistically speaking was against UF on the road. The Arkansas loss on the road hurt worse imo.

Tennessee
yes-no.gif

Best win was a tossup between Villanova on a neutral and at Illinois.

Worst loss was at Indiana.....regardless of the metrics saying it was at Rutgers....or the fact that I sat front row for our bludgeoning at Michigan.

Actually pretty easy both ways. Regardless of the overall feelings about the game Duke is really good and that is easily their best win. Pitt is really bad and that is easily their worst loss. Hell, Pitt has 23 points two minutes into the second half right now. They are so bad.

Auburn or Arizona, but UK was most satisfying.

Worse loss Nova, they just kicked our ass.

Best win was definitely at the Phog, worst loss was undoubtedly at Notre Dame - though that loss was also what seemed to bring the team together, so even though it's stopping Kentucky from getting a 1 seed I really don't give a shit. Pretty much every other loss all year was to a top team away, or contributed to by significant injury issues, or both.

Honorable Mention in the loss category goes to losing to a very average Duke team in the first game of the year. Hope UK gets a rematch. Don't think it would be all that close.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Best win was at Kansas. I’m still stunned at that one. Sometimes it’s just your day i guess. I have a lot of respect for how good they’ve been in that building under bill self. it is imo, the single toughest place to play at in the country. I wish Rupp had their atmosphere. I used to cling to the notion that we had the best home court but i wised up and conceded that years ago. There are TONS of places with better home court advantages than rupp.

The worst loss…it’s either @LSU or @Notre Dame. I’ll go Notre Dame. we shouldn’t have lost to that team.

83-59 vs. Baylor looks best right now

As a lifelong Creighton fan: best win was over Villanova by about 20 points. Worst loss was against Arizona State by one point at home 🤢.

Reactions: Montana81
Best - at Duke or 18 point neutral court win vs. Providence

Worst - lots to choose from but it’s either Navy at home, at James Madison, or at NC State.

Best win: @ Kansas
Worst Loss: Notre Dame
This! UK has had some other good wins this year but going into the Phog and destroying KU is tops and it isn’t close. The UT game was fun but we’ve beaten them like that several times over the years.
Worst loss would be Notre Dame even though I think they are better than what they get credit for.

Yeah, Notre Dame is a solid team. Unlike a lot of Brey teams they are actually quite good defensively.

Going to go by NET:

Best: at #15 Iowa and vs. #15 Iowa
Worst: vs. #100 Cincinnati (Kansas City, MO)

The Committee SAYS it considers when you have to play without star players, so hopefully the Cincy loss is largely overshadowed at this point. REALLY wish we could have that Arizona game in Champaign back….

Best win was definitely at the Phog, worst loss was undoubtedly at Notre Dame - though that loss was also what seemed to bring the team together, so even though it's stopping Kentucky from getting a 1 seed I really don't give a shit. Pretty much every other loss all year was to a top team away, or contributed to by significant injury issues, or both.

Honorable Mention in the loss category goes to losing to a very average Duke team in the first game of the year. Hope UK gets a rematch. Don't think it would be all that close.
It’s a shame how one loss @ Notre Dame is a huge black mark on our resume, while everyone else's losses are overlooked, simply because they have a higher number of quad 1 wins, which are mostly against above average teams.

Oh, but we're gonna set the Quad 1 wins thing aside when Arizona's stats are on the table. Got it.

Oh well.

It’s a shame how one loss @ Notre Dame is a huge black mark on our resume, while everyone else's losses are overlooked, simply because they have a higher number of quad 1 wins, which are mostly against above average teams.

Oh, but we're gonna set the Quad 1 wins thing aside when Arizona's stats are on the table. Got it.

Oh well.
Why do you say that? I don't think it's that big a deal in the general scheme of things and the rankings support that.

I'm guessing Gonzaga was our best win, worst loss was the most recent shit show.

Reactions: ceilo77
Why do you say that? I don't think it's that big a deal in the general scheme of things and the rankings support that.
It’s a big deal because Gonzaga is getting quad 1 wins against teams like BYU, San Fransisco and smc, while teams like Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, South Carolina etc… are not quad 1 wins, but they have the size and athletesism to beat you.

A win against BYU, should not be equal to a dominating win over KU in Lawrence, or Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

The committee puts strong emphasis on quad 1 wins, but they don't even look at who those wins were against.

Well, they use the quad 1 argument until Arizona comes up, then they talk about something else.

The thing that really grinds my gears though, is Baylor and KU have been taken turns leapfrogging UK for the last 1 seed even though both have quad 2 losses, even though Baylor recently lost at KU by 30, even though KU lost to TCU, then struggled at home with TCU, then went to OT at home with Texas. At some point, they have to be honest about Kansas and Baylor's warts like they are with UK's.

I didn’t even mention the head to head results for UK and KU, that alone should prevent KU from jumping UK, but nope.

It’s a big deal because Gonzaga is getting quad 1 wins against teams like BYU, San Fransisco and smc, while teams like Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, South Carolina etc… are not quad 1 wins, but they have the size and athletesism to beat you.

A win against BYU, should not be equal to a dominating win over KU in Lawrence, or Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

The committee puts strong emphasis on quad 1 wins, but they don't even look at who those wins were against.

Well, they use the quad 1 argument until Arizona comes up, then they talk about something else.

The thing that really grinds my gears though, is Baylor and KU have been taken turns leapfrogging UK for the last 1 seed even though both have quad 2 losses, even though Baylor recently lost at KU by 30, even though KU lost to TCU, then struggled at home with TCU, then went to OT at home with Texas. At some point, they have to be honest about Kansas and Baylor's warts like they are with UK's.

I didn’t even mention the head to head results for UK and KU, that alone should prevent KU from jumping UK, but nope.
Jeff, you know I'm not trying to mess with you by my initial post on this subject, but UK has twice as many losses as Gonzaga and you could argue that the UK losses are worse. Both teams SOS is pretty close, so that really isn't a factor.

Jeff, you know I'm not trying to mess with you by my initial post on this subject, but UK has twice as many losses as Gonzaga and you could argue that the UK losses are worse. Both teams SOS is pretty close, so that really isn't a factor.
Gonzaga hasn’t played a power 5 team since December.
What loss is worse? At Notre Dame?

If Gonzaga played UK's schedule, they'd have more than 6 losses.

If they can lose to smc and Alabama, they'd lose @ Auburn, @ UT, @ Ark, @ alabama, @ KU, @ ND, @ LSU and maybe even @ Vandy or Florida.

Getting a 1 seed is a big deal, so when one team benefits from playing mid majors all year and it doesn’t affect them when it comes to seeding, I have an isdue with that.

I also have an issue with KU leapfrogging UK when UK beat them by a thousand. UK lost at Tennessee, well, so did Auburn and Arizona.

Gonzaga hasn’t played a power 5 team since December.
What loss is worse? At Notre Dame?

If Gonzaga played UK's schedule, they'd have more than 6 losses.

If they can lose to smc and Alabama, they'd lose @ Auburn, @ UT, @ Ark, @ alabama, @ KU, @ ND, @ LSU and maybe even @ Vandy or Florida.

Getting a 1 seed is a big deal, so when one team benefits from playing mid majors all year and it doesn’t affect them when it comes to seeding, I have an isdue with that.

I also have an issue with KU leapfrogging UK when UK beat them by a thousand. UK lost at Tennessee, well, so did Auburn and Arizona.
You should channel your moral indignation on the true injustice that is that placed on UT. 3-1 against the top 5 and a killer Out of conference schedule. UT should be a #2 seed. It is a Mockery of justice!:D

Reactions: kyjeff1
You should channel your moral indignation on the true injustice that is that placed on UT. 3-1 against the top 5 and a killer Out of conference schedule. UT should be a #2 seed. It is a Mockery of justice!:D
Honestly, I agree with you. UT has a lot of great wins. I don't think any of them are away from TBA though. That’s probably what’s keeping them off the 2 line.

Honestly, I agree with you. UT has a lot of great wins. I don't think any of them are away from TBA though. That’s probably what’s keeping them off the 2 line.
How much of a point advantage do you apply to TBA? If it is say 3 pts. it is still a big feat. We are talking bout 3-1 against top 5 teams! Top 5 teams generally don't lose anywhere and that is why they are top 5.

How much of a point advantage do you apply to TBA? If it is say 3 pts. it is still a big feat. We are talking bout 3-1 against top 5 teams! Top 5 teams generally don't lose anywhere and that is why they are top 5.
I think it isn’t a set point advantage, but once a home team gets rolling, the crowd pushes them in ways that road/neutral crowds can't. It might be 3 points in one game, but 8 points in another. A lot of it has to do with how tough the opponent is. Some players wilt in tough environments.

That being said, Tennessee is hitting on all cylinders right now. God help everyone in their region. UT us a FF team right now. Looking at that South bracket, Tennessee is playing the best right now.

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT