ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the National POY?

Who will be the 2021-22 National Player of the Year?

• Paolo Banchero, Duke

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • EJ Liddell, Ohio State

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kofi Cockburn, Illinois

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Keegan Murray, Iowa

• Johnny Davis, Wisconsin

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jabari Smith, Auburn

• Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
As soon as I saw Oscar was transferring to UK I knew he would be a problem. I was trying to tell cats fans what they were getting. I remember his freshman year against a Kansas team with Udoka he put up 16&15 in the first half!
I know Ochai won’t win it but can we talk about his crazy efficiency? Dude gets 18-23 every game on 14-17 shots.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lol at Oscar leading.

Kofi, Davis, Timme, and Liddell would all finish above him if the season ended today.

Murray, Ogbaji, Smith, and Mathurin would all be 50/50.

Lol at Oscar leading.

Kofi, Davis, Timme, and Liddell would all finish above him if the season ended today.

Well....there are a lot of Kentucky posters here.

Lol at Oscar leading.

LOL @ speaking in factual absolutes for opinion-based award(s). Have you spoken to all the actual voters that determine the awards to ask them who would win if the season ended today?

Reactions: Ingersol
LOL @ speaking in factual absolutes for opinion-based award(s). Have you spoken to all the actual voters that determine the awards to ask them who would win if the season ended today?
Yeah, I spoke with all the actual voters right before I posted.

Every single one.

You don’t talk to all of them yourself?

How do you know who’s going to win the opinion-based awards?
I didn't say I knew who was going to win. I do know of at least two guys (Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale) that have said Oscar would have their vote right now, and those two probably actually have a vote. Jay and Dick are just huge UK homers though, right?

I didn't say I knew who was going to win. I do know of at least two guys (Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale) that have said Oscar would have their vote right now, and those two probably actually have a vote. Jay and Dick are just huge UK homers though, right?
Vitale’s takes at this point are meaningless and Bilas knows he will being calling a couple Kentucky games later in the season.

I don’t think that would actually be his vote and if he did vote Oscar, I think it’d be moronic.

Oscar would be lucky to get more than 2 or 3 votes total. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Vitale’s takes at this point are meaningless and Bilas knows he will being calling a couple Kentucky games later in the season.

I don’t think that would actually be his vote and if he did vote Oscar, I think it’d be moronic.

Oscar would be lucky to get more than 2 or 3 votes total. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
Hahaha, classic response. We already know you're one of those people that thinks you are always right, no matter what, even when speaking on behalf of other peoples' opinions. 😆

Reactions: jwardelt
Hahaha, classic response. We already know you're one of those people that thinks you are always right, no matter what, even when speaking on behalf of other peoples' opinions. 😆
Tshiebwe won’t finish in the top 3 of voting. We'll see on top 5

It’s okay tho, he won the Rivals mid-season NPOY😂

Illinois fan says Kofi... never saw that coming!!! Damn UK homers though! 😆 😆 😆
When Oscar gets into the top 5 for ppg and rbg let me know.

I’m too lazy to get the advanced metrics right now, but I’m sure he’s near the top for those too.

If only Calipari wanted him tho, right?😂😂

When Oscar gets into the top 5 for ppg and rbg let me know.

I’m too lazy to get the advanced metrics right now, but I’m sure he’s near the top for those too.

If only Calipari wanted him tho, right?😂😂
Kofi averages 5.4 more ppg on 3 more FG attempts and 3.6 more FT attempts per game than Oscar (with a lower shooting % in both). Oscar averages 2.6 more rpg, more blocks, more steals, and fewer turnovers. MPG are virtually the same, Kofi plays slightly more. TeLl Me MoRe AbOuT KoFi BeInG ThE RuNaWay PoY.

Kofi averages 5.4 more ppg on 3 more FG attempts and 3.6 more FT attempts per game than Oscar (with a lower shooting % in both). Oscar averages 2.6 more rpg, more blocks, more steals, and fewer turnovers. MPG are virtually the same, Kofi plays slightly more. TeLl Me MoRe AbOuT KoFi BeInG ThE RuNaWay PoY.
5.4 ppg less. Almost a third of a what Oscar averages😂

Better get those numbers up!

5.4 ppg less. Almost a third of a what Oscar averages😂

Better get those numbers up!
2.6 rebounds less... what is that in equivalent to points, say 5.2? 😆 Better get those rebounds, blocks, and steals up.
wolf-of-wall-street-rookie-numbers.gif

2.6 rebounds = 5.2 points?

You must love Rudy Gobert then
Check this out, a field goal can be worth 2 or 3 points and a free throw is worth 1. A rebound, no matter what, is always worth 1.

LOL @ thinking a points disparity and a rebound disparity have the same value.

Check this out, a field goal inside the 3-point line is worth 2. A rebound is worth 1.

LOL @ thinking a points disparity and a rebound disparity have the same value.
Whatever mental math you gotta do to rationalize.

You should start a poll for non-Illinois/Kentucky fans on who is better.

Or better yet, let’s make a bet who finishes higher for NPOY.

Whatever mental math you gotta do to rationalize.

You should start a poll for non-Illinois/Kentucky fans on who is better.

Or better yet, let’s make a bet who finishes higher for NPOY.
You already said Oscar won't finish top 3 in the voting, so maybe we should just do an avatar bet on that? It's also cute that you think non-UK fans on this board would be objective regarding anything pertaining to UK. 😆

You already said Oscar won't finish top 3 in the voting, so maybe we should just do an avatar bet on that? It's also cute that you think non-UK fans on this board would be objective regarding anything pertaining to UK. 😆
I wouldn’t take that bet as a Kentucky fan either.

Kofi >> Oscar

I never claimed Oscar would win anything, just laughed at your "factual" analysis of an opinion-based award.
Lol you asked me if I talked with any of the voters.

Hardly “just laughed”. Laughable argument would be more accurate tbh

Lol you asked me if I talked with any of the voters.

Hardly “just laughed”. Laughable argument would be more accurate tbh
Right, because the voters determine who wins and what the final order is. You're out here just spouting off your opinion (but stating it as fact) of who would finish where in the voting if the season ended right now. Laughable is correct.

Keegan Murray continues his reign of terror on the bottom feeders. 30 pt difference in his overall Ortg (134) and his Ortg vs tier A opponents (106).

Right, because the voters determine who wins and what the final order is. You're out here just spouting off your opinion (but stating it as fact) of who would finish where in the voting if the season ended right now. Laughable is correct.
Yes, I’m spouting off my opinion…

The award hasn’t been given out so “facts” aren’t exactly present.

You should call up the voters so we can get some facts in here! #FactsOnly

Yes, I’m spouting off my opinion…

The award hasn’t been given out so “facts” aren’t exactly present.

You should call up the voters so we can get some facts in here! #FactsOnly
I'm not the one that said,

"Lol at Oscar leading.

Murray, Ogbaji, Smith, and Mathurin would all be 50/50."

Sure sounds like you have it all figured out, even though it's impossible for anyone to know. 😆

Doubt he wins it but Ochai Agbaji needs to be in the conversation. Without question he should be a 1st team AA at the moment. At times he’s carried KU on his back to a 13-2 record right now.z

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'm not the one that said,

"Lol at Oscar leading.

Murray, Ogbaji, Smith, and Mathurin would all be 50/50."

Sure sounds like you have it all figured out, even though it's impossible for anyone to know. 😆
All Hypothetical until the voters call me back :/

Let me know which of those bets you want, I’m still waiting

Current top 3.
1. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, 38.6%
2. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois, 15.8%
3. Johnny Davis, Wisconsin, 12.3%

Those are the same 3 I have in my top 3. Good to see we don't have anything out of the ordinary.

Davis really came out of nowhere for me. I mean, I figured he'd be Wisconsin's most talented player, perhaps 2nd or 3rd Team All-Conference. But, his production at the U19 World Championships was pedestrian. He was arguably the least productive player on Team USA. But, he's be showing up big time. And Wisconsin keeps getting dubs.

Oscar's numbers are really jaw-dropping. Feel like he's going to be tough to beat.

Also, yes, Bacot probably could have been in consideration, as well. He has better numbers than Banchero, and is likely the frontrunner for ACC POY, provided UNC keeps winning games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT