ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your 3 biggest CONFERENCE rivals….

Scotty00

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2008
and what’s your all time record against them?

Tennessee (UK leads 159-77)
Florida (UK leads 108-41)
Vandy (UK leads 155-47)

I’d say these are my favorite conference games every year (especially away games) but Arkansas and Bama could be in there as well. What’s yours?

fox-snow.gif

Iowa State
Maybe Texas?
It might be Kansas State
.. but I like beating West Virginia and Oklahoma State more.

Reactions: Scotty00
I guess louisville’s would be past conference teams.

Pittsburgh. Big East
Syracuse Big East
Florida State METRO

1. Michigan State (75-56) - I know most will say IU but Sparty has been our biggest challenge both in conference (we've had some epic battles) and recruiting. Purdue doesn't go up against IU in recruiting all that often.
  2. Indiana (125-91) - So much hatred between these fanbases.
  3. Illinois (104-90) - Illinois is actually closer geographically than IU. But this is far below the top 2 and I could have easily said OSU, Michigan or Wisconsin.

For KU I’d probably have to say Baylor, because we’ve been the top two teams for the last 5/6 years.

Texas, because everyone hates Texas.

and then maybe Oklahoma State???? We don’t really have a third. Ok State just seems to beat us more often than other teams.

Perhaps Kansas State can become that and I know their fans view us as a rival but they have to be able to win more than 9 games over a 30 year span for it to really become a rivalry.

1 bama Top team in the SEC aside from UT
2 Aubie Next toughest team in the SEC aside from UT and bama
3 Not really concerned with the also rans
What are “the also rans”? Also is Vandy not one of your rivals? Y’all should have a winning record against them I would think. I would guess Auburn would have a winning record against UT and Alabama would be close one way or the other.

What are “the also rans”? Also is Vandy not one of your rivals? Y’all should have a winning record against them I would think. I would guess Auburn would have a winning record against UT and Alabama would be close one way or the other.
You know, the unranked peons. Some of those SEC teams have 6 losses already and more. They are also runs.

^^^.....scoreboard.
You sound bitter. UT is #2 Kenpom and y’all even in the Top 30. The national rankings says UT a contender and UK is a pretender.

pe·on
/ˈpēˌän,ˈpēən,ˈpāˌän/

In the realm of college basketball... a term used for a program with little to no accomplishments... like one Elite 8 in their entire history.

pe·on
/ˈpēˌän,ˈpēən,ˈpāˌän/

In the realm of college basketball... a term used for a program with little to no accomplishments... like one Elite 8 in their entire history.
You make up a definition. What an idiot, I imagine being ranked #2 is kinda where it’s at and out of the top 30 isn’t.

The idiot is someone placing such credence in rankings like you. I guess that's what you have to do when you don't have SCOREBOARD.

Are there plaques or something in ut's trophy case for rankings? They probably need something to accompany that one Elite 8 banner.

The idiot is someone placing such credence in rankings like you. I guess that's what you have to do when you don't have SCOREBOARD.

Are there plaques or something in ut's trophy case for rankings? They probably need something to accompany that one Elite 8 banner.
You’re the idiot. Despite y’all’s upset of us we are still #2 and y’all are still out of the top 30. You while y’all continue to flounder our prospects are good and y’all’s continue to suck. You have lost 7 games already, you suck, so ask Bert to put in an old VHS and relive the past grand paw

You’re the idiot. Despite y’all’s upset of us we are still #2 and y’all are still out of the top 30. You while y’all continue to flounder our prospects are good and y’all’s continue to suck. You have lost 7 games already, you suck, so ask Bert to put in an old VHS and relive the past grand paw
Starting w/ut... UK is on a 6-game win streak in the SEC. There goes that 'continues to suck' theory.
Again... please provide a pic of ut's trophy case with all the plaques or awards they have for in-season rankings.

ut has 3 less losses on the season than UK. Congrats, but you remain 0-1 against UK this season.

As you're the queen of "the here and now is what matters".... SCOREBOARD.

1. Iowa: 90-77 (.539) - A lot of bad blood in recent years and WAY more of that historically, ranging from the Bruce Pearl saga all the way back to having to suspend both the football and basketball series for several years due to fights. While we both have other rivalries and two very big non-conference series' with as much or more history (Illini/Mizzou and Iowa/Iowa State), something about a conference rivalry hits different ... and I would say the vast majority of both fan bases would name this as their biggest hoops rivalry right now. I went to the game last Saturday, and it was awesome, despite the loss.

2. Indiana: 91-95 (.489) - Two states that care A LOT about basketball (from high school on up) with a very close series historically. There have also been various periods where it has heated up in intensity (Bob Knight/Lou Henson public feuds and the Eric Gordon saga), but it's mostly just a good series between two fan bases that care about basketball quite a lot and are in close proximity to each other. As a funny side note, we both randomly had the same names for our football and basketball stadiums (Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall) for years, lol...

3. Northwestern: 142-43 (.767) - Just chose this one so I could show the hilarious record, lol. In all seriousness, I am not a fan of "gatekeeping" rivalries, and I have no problem calling NU a rival. It is a similar dynamic to Georgia/Georgia Tech or Tennessee/Vanderbilt, though - tiny, elite private schools located IN their states' big cities but outnumbered like 10:1 for fans in their own backyard. It will just never have the same intensity as others due to how different the fan bases are, but it'll always deserve some recognition (just as the others examples I gave in Tennessee and Georgia).

There are a lot of other conference series' with a lot of history and where tempers have flared at certain points, but there is a big dropoff after the top three. A few notes:

Michigan: 92-85 (.519) - A lot of older fans hate them still because our 1989 Flyin' Illini team whooped Michigan twice and then lost to them in the Final Four ... and considering we are one of the best teams to never win the NC, that stung. The whole COVID pause in 2021 where we went 16-4 and they went 14-3 and were Big Ten champs based on winning percentage got people riled up, as well, and then Hunter Dickinson has been quite a loudmouth about us (and everyone else...) in recent years. However, I don't think it's ever elevated the series into clear "rivalry" status. JMO.

Purdue: 90-104 (.464) - As another poster mentioned, we are the closest campuses to each other and both love hoops, so it seems like it should be bigger. I don't know if it's a mutual dislike of Indiana, the Keady/Bruce Weber connection that was relevant for years or just that last year was really the first year both teams have been good at the same time in recent history (Illini were dominant from 2000 to 2006 while Purdue sucked, Purdue became really good in the late 2000s and most of the 2010s while we were awful and Purdue was kind of "meh" for the first couple years of Underwood bringing us back to respectability until last season).

Wisconsin: 116-89 (.565) - Given the Bears/Packers crossover, this one should be a lot bigger. Additionally, when I was growing up it was always Illinois, MSU and Wisconsin battling for the top spot, so you'd think something more heated would have developed.

Honorable mention to Maryland for completely and utterly owning us...

I have already told congrats for y’all’s upset of us. That must have been a big thrill for y’all. I think that’s y’all’s biggest win this year isn’t it?

I have already told congrats for y’all’s upset of us. That must have been a big thrill for y’all. I think that’s y’all’s biggest win this year isn’t it?

Meh... I've seen UK beat ut many times in my 53 years. A good chunk of those 179 wins over ut.

Meh... I've seen UK beat ut many times in my 53 years. A good chunk of those 179 wins over ut.
You see UK sitting way behind in the seeding so cry your eyes out.

Well, if Scotty and JC weren’t such a pair of arrogant tools we could have some interesting threads.
Y'alls three-way is distracting. Battle of the last words.

Anyway, not sure what they have to do with what I posted.

"Can't we all just talk ball?"

Referee Pat adams can seriously get fvcked. That POS has no business officiating Division 1 basketball. Just terrible all around. Everytime he officiates an auburn game we can’t get a call

Last edited:
Referee Pat adams can seriously get fvcked. That POS has no business officiating Division 1 basketball. Just terrible all around. Everytime he officiates an auburn game we can’t get a call
Good ole Pat Adams. The guy is consistently hated by everyone.

Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT