ADVERTISEMENT

Which Fans Irritate You the Most in CBB?

Old age has caught up with me for sure.

I hope that both of you live long enough so it catches up with you.

Then you will find out that the brain can continue to work. In fact my age gives me a really good view of basketball and how teams have fared over the "ages".
Bert, I know you get a ribbing on here once in a while about your age. Having turned 50 this year - I can remember when 30 was old - I have an appreciation that you participate here, and I can relate to much of what you're talking about. The first class I remember following was Bowie -& Turpin. Some of it was a bit before my time, and I was probably just coming into my own fandom when you were hard-core dedicated fan.

I'm glad you're here.

Don't change.

Don't leave.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I am a UK football fan. I just don't brag about a horrible football team, but UK is improving in football. You brag about a horrible UT basketball team and that is the difference.

Just to put things into perspective; I have been to UK road games in Knoxville, Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Nashville, Columbia, Auburn, Clemson, Norman, Bloomington, Louisville, Oxford and a couple more that don't come instantly to mind.

I have missed out on Missouri, Arkansas and Mississippi State in the SEC.

So I am as much a UK football fan as basketball.

It is those untold years that I have been able to observe sports. I have an advantage.

Now can we discuss the 154 UK wins over Tennessee in basketball?
I haven't bragged about anything. I just stated that UK fans are the most irritating and you have proved I was correct.

Bert, I know you get a ribbing on here once in a while about your age. Having turned 50 this year - I can remember when 30 was old - I have an appreciation that you participate here, and I can relate to much of what you're talking about. Some of it was a bit before my time, and I was probably just coming into my own fandom when you were hard-core dedicated fan.

I'm glad you're here.

Don't change.

Don't leave.

giphy.gif

This is for you and Bert...

UNC fans were really cool after our game last year. The one on here is kind of a douche but other than that, they are cool. Tbh most of you are douchers and can’t handle that AU is having success.

most of us just hangout on the Main Board and our exiled board. This is kind of the third option for most of us. Our homoboard is a baseball and football board.

Louville is easily the trashiest. Brohm becoming a boiler was the best decision he's ever made in his life.

Bert, I know you get a ribbing on here once in a while about your age. Having turned 50 this year - I can remember when 30 was old - I have an appreciation that you participate here, and I can relate to much of what you're talking about. The first class I remember following was Bowie -& Turpin. Some of it was a bit before my time, and I was probably just coming into my own fandom when you were hard-core dedicated fan.

I'm glad you're here.

Don't change.

Don't leave.

giphy.gif
Thanks.

That was very nice.

I personally know Bowie & Turpin. They are good guys.

Am I increasing of decreasing my “basketball cred”? Seriously every 6 months we have this thread and you could have just stuck with the usual bs, but you decided to say “we” dont have any basketball cred. RollLaugh
Can you provide any context? Geeze you post shit that no one knows what you are taking about.

CONTEXT dude. CONTEXT!

the posters on this board that irritate me are on ignore (mainly unc fans, i hate talking to hypocrites)
so i have to also give unc fans a vote

the rest of you are great
including you @rockycard

Reactions: rockycard
UNC fans were really cool after our game last year. The one on here is kind of a douche but other than that, they are cool. Tbh most of you are douchers and can’t handle that AU is having success.

most of us just hangout on the Main Board and our exiled board. This is kind of the third option for most of us. Our homoboard is a baseball and football board.
I'm not sure if this is a joke, typo, or freudian slip.

Old age has caught up with me for sure.

I hope that both of you live long enough so it catches up with you.

Then you will find out that the brain can continue to work. In fact my age gives me a really good view of basketball and how teams have fared over the "ages". I remember when you could not find a Tennessee or Auburn basketball fan. I have been to Tennessee basketball games in Knoxville when there were more Kentucky fans than Tennessee. In fact four years ago we had no Auburn fans on this basketball board that I can recall. I don't even remember Della until the last couple years. Now she claims to be a lifetime basketball fan. I just suppose she did not post.

Auburn and Tennessee fans jump on and off the band wagon all the time. They even build ramps to enter and exit! Laughing

So now to get back to my post: The SEC fans hate Kentucky because the Cats have dominated it for so long. They love to hate UK. The biggest game of their year is when UK comes to town. For many it is the only sell out. It has been that way most of my life.

Bert she has been on this board longer than you or me. Mainly on the football board. You are correct about Della not being on here a lot before UT’s rise a few years ago. You are definitely correct about Auburn fans.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bert she has been on this board longer than you or me. Mainly on the football board. You are correct about Della not being on here a lot before UT’s rise a few years ago. You are definitely correct about Auburn fans.

Lol

I can't imagine how irritating it must be to be dominated by one school in basketball. Then UT fans have to worry about Alabama dominating them in football.

It is a tough life but Tennessee fans have to live it!

Sure u can, just look to Florida and Tennessee in football.

But u might be the ever so common roll tide/go big blue fan

Louville is easily the trashiest. Brohm becoming a boiler was the best decision he's ever made in his life.

Best decision for Louisville as well. We got a better coach for cheaper, and y’all gave Brohm a raise to lose more games than he did a year ago.

SEC football is tough. U6 certainly seems to be less irritating in football with each passing season...

Yea Petrino set us back a few years at least smh. But it’s not like UK is winning anything relevant either, unless citrus bowls float ur boat. But yea the sec is tough, no doubt. And uk has been hands down better than Louisville for the past couple of years, no doubt. I actually gained a helluva lot of respect for stoops over the years, he’s already accomplished more than I thought he would at UK. But I also have faith that satterfield will get us back to the level we were on before Petrino decided we didn’t need to recruit defensive players.

Cue the "JJ is Reddick-ulousLy Gay" signs in the stands..... Fvckin HILARIOUS. Maryland fans get nothing but respect from me.

I laughed my ass off at that photo:)

The batteries and water bottles and riots and rest... not as much.

BTW, Maryland "won" the Worst Fanbase Award" just last year...

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/worst-college-basketball-fans

The Maryland school paper reveled in it;)

https://dbknews.com/2018/03/05/maryland-fans-voted-most-obnoxious-students-ugly-duke/

I laughed my ass off at that photo:)

The batteries and water bottles and riots and rest... not as much.

BTW, Maryland "won" the Worst Fanbase Award" just last year...

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/worst-college-basketball-fans

The Maryland school paper reveled in it;)

https://dbknews.com/2018/03/05/maryland-fans-voted-most-obnoxious-students-ugly-duke/

Welcome back to the thread. Are you going to answer if I’m gaining or losing basketball cred? Thank you again for showing your full ass itt. You t shirt Duke fans are the best, and remind everybody as much as possible.

Welcome back to the thread. Are you going to answer if I’m gaining or losing basketball cred? Thank you again for showing your full ass itt. You t shirt Duke fans are the best, and remind everybody as much as possible.

SOMEONE wasn’t reading very closely;)

No idea what of my ass is showing. Someone asked which fan base we dislike the most. A bunch of people answered. I answered an answer that a number of people agree with, including some publications and even the Diamondback paper.

And I have no idea what a “t-shirt” fan is?

SOMEONE wasn’t reading very closely;)

No idea what of my ass is showing. Someone asked which fan base we dislike the most. A bunch of people answered. I answered an answer that a number of people agree with, including some publications and even the Diamondback paper.

And I have no idea what a “t-shirt” fan is?

You linked an article from the thrillest and the student newspaper wrote a story about it.

Again this topic comes up every 6 months, it’s a slam dunk case and somehow made yourself look worse. Christ even the FSU fan made up some believable bullshit. All you have to do is tow the line, but you went with “basketball cred” showing what an arrogant prick you truly are.

Reactions: The Reindeer Terp
You’re correct, I have been a Rivals member a long time. However, I didn’t post until 07or 09. Then I started posting on Sound off. I then discovered the cbb board and posted here. In those days LST was a lot more active a MOD than he is today. Final point, just because a tired old man can’t remember what he had for breakfast much less a poster doesn’t mean neither event happened.

You linked an article from the thrillest and the student newspaper wrote a story about it.

Again this topic comes up every 6 months, it’s a slam dunk case and somehow made yourself look worse. Christ even the FSU fan made up some believable bullshit. All you have to do is tow the line, but you went with “basketball cred” showing what an arrogant prick you truly are.

Man, this has really got you fired up.

Yes, sorry... among other shortcomings, I think that Maryland fan's incandescent anger, as well as their feeling of standing, was/is way out of proportion when compared to Maryland's accomplishments. This isn't an uncommon sentiment among Duke fans, who have long scoffed at Maryland fans who are SURE that Duke is their rival, even though no Dukie feels the same way. I suppose that it seems like unearned arrogance?

Speaking of arrogance, I might be a bit arrogant. Or it could just be that I have an accurate understanding of the standings of various programs. Maybe a bit of both?

Still don't know what a "t-shirt fan" is.

I don't think it is a slam dunk... UK has a pretty miserable sub-group of fans.

If it makes you feel any better, two of my three favorite all-time non-Duke players are Maryland guys.

Finally... TOE the line. Not tow. It's a racing thing, I think.

Yes, sorry... among other shortcomings, I think that Maryland fan's incandescent anger, as well as their feeling of standing, was/is way out of proportion when compared to Maryland's accomplishments. This isn't an uncommon sentiment among Duke fans, who have long scoffed at Maryland fans who are SURE that Duke is their rival, even though no Dukie feels the same way. I suppose that it seems like unearned arrogance?

Speaking of arrogance, I might be a bit arrogant. Or it could just be that I have an accurate understanding of the standings of various programs. Maybe a bit of both?

If it makes you feel any better, two of my three favorite all-time non-Duke players are Maryland guys.

As UK has the LARGEST fanbase, sure...there's gonna be some 'miserables' included.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Fired up?No I’m laughing at you, you came up with some rudimentary term in basketball cred. You’re loser who feels superior to others because your team has won more the past.

Also is everything spelled correctly this time. Spellcheck on the phone isn’t the greatest, but it usual gets the job done to get what I wanted to convey off.

How is your basketball cred Dude? Perfect dook fanboy. Mike is great therefore I am great. Are we STILL talking about batteries and water bottles from poor Carlos Boozers mom?
How about cam crazies chanting rapist at Herman Veal in 1980’s? Or INS at Greivis Vasquez 10 years ago? Or throwing ice at me and 6,8 year old sons at Cameron during game in 2009? We had to have security throw out 2 students. But I don’t bring that up except like bmore said. Every six months or so we have the same thread. We are the most obnoxious fan base. But don’t play the game that dookies don’t have some poor history either. You do.

ADVERTISEMENT