ADVERTISEMENT

Which Fans Irritate You the Most in CBB?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
and why?

I had a meeting today with a guy from Missouri. His office had some MO sports trinkets and we started talking bball. Let's just say he was reveling in the KU fiasco. He started with their "idiot fans . . . " etc and it got me thinking about the above thread title.

Last edited:
Maryland is in a class of their own.

But I will say that I’ve met quite a few Duke fans in real life who insist they have a squeaky clean program. And look—I don’t care about schools cheating. It’s happening everywhere. The NCAA is all but encouraging it with how they have enabled the aau circuit to get in bed with handlers and shoe companies.

But it’s just annoying that so many Duke fans won’t just say, “yeah we are probably doing what most other schools are.” As if the top 10 recruits they are signing would never ever take money but the top 10 recruits other people are signing are rampant cheating. Give me a freaking break.

They all annoy me, but we haven't heard much from the Ohio State and Auburn fans lately. I wonder why that is.
Well TBH, the ones that post on this board follow basketball. Wish you could see our board on gamedays, most of them don’t know squat about basketball so they try and use their football IQs and it’s quite entertaining in a pathetic sense. Sometimes I will get a good laugh though.

There's not any rhyme or reason to it. When a fan annoys me, they do. I guess you could say I just get annoyed by random fans.

Maryland fans will win this hands down. Just shut the thread down.

But I will say that I’ve met quite a few Duke fans in real life who insist they have a squeaky clean program. And look—I don’t care about schools cheating. It’s happening everywhere. The NCAA is all but encouraging it with how they have enabled the aau circuit to get in bed with handlers and shoe companies.

But it’s just annoying that so many Duke fans won’t just say, “yeah we are probably doing what most other schools are.” As if the top 10 recruits they are signing would never ever take money but the top 10 recruits other people are signing are rampant cheating. Give me a freaking break.

So what do they do differently?

Any fans that happily cheer for programs you don't like. That's pretty much how this is going to go.

Reactions: Villian07

We are in a class of our own, thank you. Now that we have been gone for a while - good to see your sudden realization dawning that Dook fans are the biggest hypocrites on planet Earth. What I have been telling you for 10 years.

Never have said Mike is not a great coach - but the hypocrisy and bubble Duke fans live in is pretty obvious, and annoying. One and dones? Never. Well....maybe just three a year......

1. U6 fans
2. dook fans
3. UNC fans
4. OH state fans
5. Tenn fans
6. IU fans
7. UC (Cincy) fans
8. Auburn fans
9. UConn fans
10. Florida fans

and why?

I had a meeting today with a guy from Missouri. His office had some MO sports trinkets and we started talking bball. Let's just say he was reveling in the KU fiasco. He started with their "idiot fans . . . " etc and it got me thinking about the above thread title.
It depends on where they are.

On my home board Rupp Rafters; those have to be the worst fans known to a message board. Not all are bad, but there is a minority that make the board unusable for me. I never go to Rupps Rafters. In fact the last time I did, I got a day ban because I attacked an "idiot fan".

In person at Rupp Arena Kentucky fans are some great folks. On message boards most folks hid their identity and that allows them to be total turds.

Over the years I have been to many places to watch basketball. I have only had trouble a few times and it was because of who I was setting with. I sat with C.M. Newton (while he was the Alabama coach) at a Florida game once and it was brutal, even on the way, at halftime, to get a coke. But when it is only me I get a jovial jab for wearing a UK shirt, but that is fun.

and why?

You answered your own question.

Missouri fans.

Reactions: KisteK and cmore79
The large fanbases, Duke included, are all filled with idiots. They are everywhere. Makes me cringe sometimes. Per-capita, though, for a notable program? Idk. Maryland, I guess? I will say that all of the regular Maryland posters on this board are pretty cool. Worst on this board might be Auburn or South Carolina.

The only opposing fans who ever annoyed me were the North Carolina t-shirt fans who only picked the Tar Heels because of Jordan. You couldn’t go to a bar anywhere in America 20 years ago without running into somebody wearing baby blue. And most of these people had never even been east of St. Louis. I’m glad that era is over. I doubt we’ll ever see such a phenomenon again either.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Indiana. Someone please tell them it's not the 80s.
It is funny how most Indiana fans hardly contribute anything to the threads that deal with basketball that's happening in the now, but the moment somebody posts something about historical greats you'll have 2-3 Indiana fans pop in and mention Bob Knight or 1976 or whatever. It means they're lurking in every thread but have nothing to say except we were once great too.

It is funny how most Indiana fans hardly contribute anything to the threads that deal with basketball that's happening in the now, but the moment somebody posts something about historical greats you'll have 2-3 Indiana fans pop in and mention Bob Knight or 1976 or whatever. It means they're lurking in every thread but have nothing to say except we were once great too.

Nailed it.

I’m going to need examples

I’m going to need examples
Yeah I don't really see many IU fans yourself included really pumping their chests about the past all the time, not sure what he's talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT