ADVERTISEMENT

Which Fans Irritate You the Most in CBB?

basketball cred

I normally don't pile on, but, um, what?

1. U6 fans
2. dook fans
3. UNC fans
4. OH state fans
5. Tenn fans
6. IU fans
7. UC (Cincy) fans
8. Auburn fans
9. UConn fans
10. Florida fans

Three years ago Auburn doesn't even make the "others receiving votes" category.

Auburn fans are climbing the ladder though.

See? Bruce Pearl is truly amazing at getting people to dislike him and those around him.

It is funny how most Indiana fans hardly contribute anything to the threads that deal with basketball that's happening in the now, but the moment somebody posts something about historical greats you'll have 2-3 Indiana fans pop in and mention Bob Knight or 1976 or whatever. It means they're lurking in every thread but have nothing to say except we were once great too.

This is a great post regardless of the target. Succinct, insulting on multiple levels, and accurate enough that it cannot be waived away. 10/10.

Now Della is an Auburn fan.

How convenient. Laughing
tenor.gif

No specific fanbase. I've never been to a road game to see what fans are like in that situation though. Every SEC tourney I've been to is 95% UK fans so hard to tell there as well.

The fans I've ran into IRL are pretty normal and friendly. There are some shitty fans here that contibute nothing but the same tired rhetoric every day. You usually find them posting about the team they hate way more than any other topic (including their own team). I have a buffet of fans from several teams (including UK) on ignore. Huge difference in funny trolling/ribbing and insane people having the same annoying arguments in every thread.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
and why?

I had a meeting today with a guy from Missouri. His office had some MO sports trinkets and we started talking bball. Let's just say he was reveling in the KU fiasco. He started with their "idiot fans . . . " etc and it got me thinking about the above thread title.
I can’t imagine how soul-crushing it must be to be a Misery fan.

Sorry, Maryland fans. Your fan base is super aggressive and dicky, way more so than your modest accomplishments would justify. Maybe that’s actually *why* you guys are like that.. because of disappointment and the rest? That’s what I mean by basketball cred... Lack of major accomplishment.

Sorry, Maryland fans. Your fan base is super aggressive and dicky, way more so than your modest accomplishments would justify. Maybe that’s actually *why* you guys are like that.. because of disappointment and the rest? That’s what I mean by basketball cred... Lack of major accomplishment.

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Jesus you’re such a loser. Lack of basketball cred still kills me. You’re a T Shirt Duke fan. You haven’t won anything either.

Based on real life only (small sample sizes)

Good:
Kentucky
Louisville
Depaul
Indiana
Illinois

Bad:
Notre Dame
Marquette
UNC
Iowa State

Ugly:
Villanova

I like your list and can agree with most. But your list does not include but one SEC team and some of the worst are in that conference because they hate being dominated by the Big Blue.

I lived in North Carolina in the mid-1960's and at that time the UNC and Duke guys were easy to talk to because they had not won shit. I guess it is different now.

I like your list and can agree with most. But your list does not include but one SEC team and some of the worst are in that conference because they hate being dominated by the Big Blue.

I lived in North Carolina in the mid-1960's and at that time the UNC and Duke guys were easy to talk to because they had not won shit. I guess it is different now.
Right I'm just in big ten country. I have a positive view on anyone that can talk hoops. There are a lot of t shirt fans now due to the success of those programs, small price to pay

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Yea that was apparent when you thought @della was on Auburn’s bandwagon.

I have been a UT fan my whole life and went to UT. Why would you say something so stupid?

Maybe, old age has caught up with Bert?

Old age has caught up with me for sure.

I hope that both of you live long enough so it catches up with you.

Then you will find out that the brain can continue to work. In fact my age gives me a really good view of basketball and how teams have fared over the "ages". I remember when you could not find a Tennessee or Auburn basketball fan. I have been to Tennessee basketball games in Knoxville when there were more Kentucky fans than Tennessee. In fact four years ago we had no Auburn fans on this basketball board that I can recall. I don't even remember Della until the last couple years. Now she claims to be a lifetime basketball fan. I just suppose she did not post.

Auburn and Tennessee fans jump on and off the band wagon all the time. They even build ramps to enter and exit! Laughing

So now to get back to my post: The SEC fans hate Kentucky because the Cats have dominated it for so long. They love to hate UK. The biggest game of their year is when UK comes to town. For many it is the only sell out. It has been that way most of my life.

I can't imagine how irritating it must be to be dominated by one school in basketball. Then UT fans have to worry about Alabama dominating them in football.

It is a tough life but Tennessee fans have to live it!
It is a good thing you're only a UK basketball fan, so you don't have to fret over UT killing y'all on the regular in CFB.

As it is, no one has kicked UK's ass as often as UT and UT has won the lion's share in recent years, so there is that.

Glad to see Pitt isn’t on here, even the WVU poster’s ranking didn’t have us.

Then again, you probably need to be relevant for people to dislike you... :oops:

It is a good thing you're only a UK basketball fan, so you don't have to fret over UT killing y'all on the regular in CFB.

As it is, no one has kicked UK's ass as often as UT and UT has won the lion's share in recent years, so there is that.
I am a UK football fan. I just don't brag about a horrible football team, but UK is improving in football. You brag about a horrible UT basketball team and that is the difference.

Just to put things into perspective; I have been to UK road games in Knoxville, Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Nashville, Columbia, Auburn, Clemson, Norman, Bloomington, Louisville, Oxford and a couple more that don't come instantly to mind.

I have missed out on Missouri, Arkansas and Mississippi State in the SEC.

So I am as much a UK football fan as basketball.

It is those untold years that I have been able to observe sports. I have an advantage.

Now can we discuss the 154 UK wins over Tennessee in basketball?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT