ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you put this year's HOF class?

It’s a great class but I think 2009 was better with Jordan, Stockton & Robinson.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceilo77
If we are just going by men's players.
Top 3-5 for sure

Underrated classes
Barkley, Wilkins and Dumars

Ewing went with Hakeem

You could debate this but I think Duncan, KG and Kobe could all be considered Top 25 players.

In his prime I don't think we have seen many bigs as long, athletic and as intense as Kevin Garnett.
He was all over the court on both sides 2004-2006

Yea I think it’s the best ever. Kobe is well Kobe, top three guard ever (mj then lebron then Kobe imo). Duncan is arguably the best PF in nba history and Garnett was a generational talent as well who had a long super productive career, and he had a motor like no other.

It is hard to argue against that MJ Stockton Robinson class though. MJ is the goat and trumps kobe but imo Duncan trumps Robinson and it’s hard to compare Garnett to Stockton bc well they don’t have much in common. Diff positions, diff skill sets.

As crazy as it sounds I think catchings pushes this class over the top, unless swoopes was in the class with mj Stockton and the admiral.

Where would I put them?

I'd put them in the Hall of Fame.

Has to be one of the best ever right? Kobe, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett. That's two players that are top 10 of all time (IMO) and another really good player in KG.

KG is right up with Duncan and Kobe when you strip out teammates/situation, so I'd argue that this is easily a top HOF class of all-time.

If there is one career I'd like to see take place on a different team and in different circumstances, it's KG's. He's criminally underrated because his strengths - literally everything except for chucking - are not appreciated as much as pure PPG/scorers. He's one of the best scaling big men of all time and he got stuck with a wildly incompetent front office, some terrible teammates, petty drama (Marbury), and, when he finally got into a non-toxic environment, an injury that sapped his effectiveness. Ben Taylor's work dissecting his game and comparing/contrasting with Duncan is fascinating.

If we are just going by men's players.
Top 3-5 for sure

Underrated classes
Barkley, Wilkins and Dumars

Ewing went with Hakeem

You could debate this but I think Duncan, KG and Kobe could all be considered Top 25 players.

In his prime I don't think we have seen many bigs as long, athletic and as intense as Kevin Garnett.
He was all over the court on both sides 2004-2006

Guys like Haralabob and Ben Taylor have KG's 2004 as one of the best seasons ever, if not the best. KG's easily a top 25 all time talent, and probably a top 25 career despite being handicapped by incompetence and bad luck for his prime.

Yea I think it’s the best ever. Kobe is well Kobe, top three guard ever (mj then lebron then Kobe imo). Duncan is arguably the best PF in nba history and Garnett was a generational talent as well who had a long super productive career, and he had a motor like no other.

It is hard to argue against that MJ Stockton Robinson class though. MJ is the goat and trumps kobe but imo Duncan trumps Robinson and it’s hard to compare Garnett to Stockton bc well they don’t have much in common. Diff positions, diff skill sets.

As crazy as it sounds I think catchings pushes this class over the top, unless swoopes was in the class with mj Stockton and the admiral.
LeBron isn't a guard. I do agree Kobe is the third best guard of all time, though.

Michael
Magic
Kobe

It’s probably the GOAT HOF class. Kobe and Duncan are top 10 all time players, and arguably Garnett is a top 15 player. He has an MVP, a Championship, and a DPOY.

You have, IMO, the 2nd best SG of all time, the best PF of all time, and the 3rd best PF of all time all in one class.

LeBron isn't a guard. I do agree Kobe is the third best guard of all time, though.

Michael
Magic
Kobe

Much like magic, lebron can literally play any position. I mean I guess you could say lebron is a point forward, but as much as he has the ball in his hand, his game is more guard oriented than wing or big man oriented imo. He just happens to be 6”8 and built like a spartan warrior.

ADVERTISEMENT