ADVERTISEMENT

What's so great about UNCs resume?

My point is this baby blue. If all these different fan bases claim that they are on our minds 24:7 that means they’re all not and maybe we just love anything college basketball.

Scroll through the home board (which you obviously do often) and you will see threads started by many different posters on many different teams. It’s the most active cbb board by far

No I’m not because I know how our home board is. There you go assuming again, try flipping a coin next time, you may have better luck.

Do you think this thread has people ready to start swinging more, or the "Happy Anniversary!" thread?

@kyjeff1 @AWilli6995 @CB3UK @Unc fan in ky @Scotty00

VTpAiZX.gif

But, UK got curb stomped by Duke by 30+
In November. Getting curb stomped by the overall #1 seed in November is one thing.

Getting smacked by a 5 seed in Mid March to a team that UK smoked by 27 is much worse.

In November. Getting curb stomped by the overall #1 seed in November is one thing.

Getting smacked by a 5 seed in Mid March to a team that UK smoked by 27 is much worse.
Maybe, if you hadn't had to say uncle to a 10 seed twisting your arm behind your back.:)

In early December. We backed that up with a beat down of #1 seed UNC later that month.

But what’s the difference between November and December? Especially if your head coach is Roy Williams.

ETA- by that I mean Roy always has some bad looking losses prior to the first N.C. State game. But he also has the team playing at a really high level in March.

Reactions: Sevro
In early December. We backed that up with a beat down of #1 seed UNC later that month.
It happened this year Jeff and therefore it counts. This UK fan notion of only counting the games you want is ridiculous.

Back to your Duke statement, y'all were ranked #2 and they were ranked #3 or #4. Has Duke beaten anyone else by 30 + that is a P-5 team?

Regarding UT/UK, we beat ya and our yearly war goes to us. Deal with it.

Finally, I'm not the one that is continuing this little battle and don't want to rub it in, but if y'all choose to pull out sling shots, i'll continue to send the M1A1 Abrams.

But what’s the difference between November and December? Especially if your head coach is Roy Williams.

ETA- by that I mean Roy always has some bad looking losses prior to the first N.C. State game. But he also has the team playing at a really high level in March.
Yeah and RW has veterans. Just take a second and imagine how tough it is for freshmen oriented teams in November and December.

People like Della like to bring up UK's November and December losses like it's a huge insult.

I would certainly be more concerned if my team lost by 20 to a 5 seed on a neutral court in March than if my team lost a close game to SH in MSG in December.

Yeah and RW has veterans. Just take a second and imagine how tough it is for freshmen oriented teams in November and December.

People like Della like to bring up UK's November and December losses like it's a huge insult.

I would certainly be more concerned if my team lost by 20 to a 5 seed on a neutral court in March than if my team lost a close game to SH in MSG in December.

It’s a one and out format, not best of 7. Every game concerns me.

Reactions: kyjeff1
It happened this year Jeff and therefore it counts. This UK fan notion of only counting the games you want is ridiculous.

Back to your Duke statement, y'all were ranked #2 and they were ranked #3 or #4. Has Duke beaten anyone else by 30 + that is a P-5 team?

Finally, I'm not the one that is continuing this little battle and don't want to rub it in, but if y'all choose to pull out sling shots, i'll continue to send the M1A1 Abrams.
Are you smoking refer right now? The rest of us are talking about UNC being a 1 seed and you come out of nowhere with this jargon.

Don't you have a sammich to make or something? Sheesh.

No Jeff, I like to bring up your losses. It is you that like to bring up the month they were in.:)

No Jeff, I like to bring up your losses. It is you that like to bring up the month they were in.:)
Because the month matters.

If Rick Barnes had Freshmen oriented teams, he would still be losing games by 20+ in March......wait

Shesrightyouknow.jpg

Reactions: della
Are you smoking refer right now? The rest of us are talking about UNC being a 1 seed and you come out of nowhere with this jargon.

Don't you have a sammich to make or something? Sheesh.
You butted in on UT in post #387 into the conversation. I did not randomly jump onto you. So, if you jump in don't act shocked if it come back at you.

If Rick Barnes had Freshmen oriented teams, he would still be losing games by 20+ in March......wait

Again- why is losing to UK in Dec by 8 a much more damning loss than losing to Duke in Nov by 30+ or 34?

Reactions: Sevro

No one forces UK to form a team of 1 and done NBA farm league kids. The NCAA season starts in Nov and ends in March and they ain't making a special UK rule so y'all can season up your Players. Ready or not, here it comes.

You do know that college use to be a 4 year proposition? I got news for you, it still is.Laughing

You do know that college use to be a 4 year proposition?
I can appreciate what the UT guys did this year. I'm all for returning players, coaching them up, etc. I hope Herro returns to do that. I can respect the fact they ground it out for 4 years, and they deserve to have good things happen to them (just not at UK's expense though. Winking)

I can appreciate what the UT guys did this year. I'm all for returning players, coaching them up, etc. I hope Herro returns to do that. I can respect the fact they ground it out for 4 years, and they deserve to have good things happen to them (just not at UK's expense though. Winking)
Sometimes it just takes coaches longer to get kids ready for the league. There's nothing wrong with that. For the UT kids, hopefully they have some sort of post season success before leaving. Beating UK shouldn't be the highlight of their career like it is with some of their fans.

ADVERTISEMENT