ADVERTISEMENT

What is the bigger pile of shit....the state of IL or the Illini basketball team?

Tough call. I can't decide.
tenor.gif

Legal weed, gambling, AND corn.

I think we hit the trifecta over here, my man.
But, enjoy the corn.

Been waiting for this game since March.

We have some unfinished business Illini

Hopefully it is as entertaining as the last 2. It will be missing a lot without fans though.

This is my favorite basketball rivalry game. It's right there with Iowa St and Wisconsin.

It just seems we both haven't been good at the same time for awhile.

Reactions: cmore79
This is the game that Illinois gets a chance to stop being a pretender. Illinois needs this game more than Iowa. I can’t wait to find out who the refs want to win.

Gg, Hawkit. Y’all are a tad worse than top 5 despite your ridiculously high delinking when the threes are falling, and we’re going to be a lot better than #19 when our freshman start to get more consistency and we gain more and more of a groove ... and we are. I’d say both teams are 8-12 material, and that’s why that was a damn fun (and stressful) game to watch!

Reactions: hawkit3113
Gg, Hawkit. Y’all are a tad worse than top 5 despite your ridiculously high delinking when the threes are falling, and we’re going to be a lot better than #19 when our freshman start to get more consistency and we gain more and more of a groove ... and we are. I’d say both teams are 8-12 material, and that’s why that was a damn fun (and stressful) game to watch!

Can't be mad after that loss. That was a good game.

Congrats Illini.

Pretty good game on a Friday, neither team looks like they can stop a team with a pulse on offense.

I’m disappointed we didn’t get to see Francon 1 or 2.
Like our 11 year old daughter says, “the only reason to watch Iowa basketball is to see if Frantrums loses his marbles.”

I’d be pretty pissed about the missed or incorrectly called GT if I was an Iowa fan.

Illini did give the chance right back with a silly play that earned them a 5 second call.

Was a very fun game to watch from a neutral perspective. Back and forth, up and down. Just fun stuff. I think either of these teams could play with anyone outside of Gonzaga/Baylor.

I’d be pretty pissed about the missed or incorrectly called GT if I was an Iowa fan.

Illini did give the chance right back with a silly play that earned them a 5 second call.

Was a very fun game to watch from a neutral perspective. Back and forth, up and down. Just fun stuff. I think either of these teams could play with anyone outside of Gonzaga/Baylor.

Yeah, that was a strange situation. He was going right back up for 2.

Ayo going to the hoop at will didn't help either.

Yea that’s the part that really gets me. He put in the putback immediately regardless. I mean I get it the refs can’t give em points after the whistle for the GT but if they hadn’t blown the whistle and let it play out it would have been 2 pts for Iowa guaranteed. Not like the time period between the whistle and the put back was so long that Illinois quit playing. It was instantaneous.

Just a tough break for Iowa, but again not like it’s the only call refs have ever missed. Is what it is at some point.

Yea that’s the part that really gets me. He put in the putback immediately regardless. I mean I get it the refs can’t give em points after the whistle for the GT but if they hadn’t blown the whistle and let it play out it would have been 2 pts for Iowa guaranteed. Not like the time period between the whistle and the put back was so long that Illinois quit playing. It was instantaneous.

Just a tough break for Iowa, but again not like it’s the only call refs have ever missed. Is what it is at some point.
Could you imagine if Illinois had the possession arrow after that play and not Iowa? Woof.

Could you imagine if Illinois had the possession arrow after that play and not Iowa? Woof.

Yea that would have been even worse. I wasn’t sure if they have Iowa the b-ball based on poss arrow or bc wisekamp clearly had the rebound.

On the refs behalf it did look like a GT live, and was very close to being GTing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT