ADVERTISEMENT

What a last 24 hours

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
So, just gotta vent somewhere where nobody I know in RL is.

Found out yesterday late morning that one of my former students committed suicide over the weekend. Sitting here looking at the class picture with this cute smiling kid in it, and it's hard to process. That's the third of my kids who've died, and none were over 20.

Now just found out that a coworkers spouse died yesterday night, absolutely out of the blue. They had just gotten married. Had what they thought was the flu, and then bam, within a day or two.

*sigh*

Man, life is so damn unpredictable, and so damn fragile.

Now just found out that a coworkers spouse died yesterday night, absolutely out of the blue. They had just gotten married. Had what they thought was the flu, and then bam, within a day or two.

Died of what?

I had a buddy die a few years ago after just getting married. The couple went to Bahamas for honeymoon. Doctors think he maybe got bitten by a funky mosquito; they are not really sure. When he came back he had flu like symptoms for a few weeks. His condition got really bad and he was hospitalized, died 6 weeks after his honeymoon of sepsis. Death by honeymoon; sucks. Part of the reason I'll never get married.

My best friend committed suicide when he was 19, still doesn’t seem real 15 years later
Had 3 friends commit suicide, two at 15 and one at 17. Three of the coolest cats you could ever want to know and just don't understand it.

Died of what?

I had a buddy die a few years ago after just getting married. The couple went to Bahamas for honeymoon. Doctors think he maybe got bitten by a funky mosquito; they are not really sure. When he came back he had flu like symptoms for a few weeks. His condition got really bad and he was hospitalized, died 6 weeks after his honeymoon of sepsis. Death by honeymoon; sucks. Part of the reason I'll never get married.

I’m not a doctor but if I had a guess I would guess pulmonary embolism.

So, just gotta vent somewhere where nobody I know in RL is.

Found out yesterday late morning that one of my former students committed suicide over the weekend. Sitting here looking at the class picture with this cute smiling kid in it, and it's hard to process. That's the third of my kids who've died, and none were over 20.

*sigh*

Man, life is so damn unpredictable, and so damn fragile.

I don't know, life seems pretty predictable for any unlucky poor slob who gets to know you.

Coronovirus :eek:

**** me, I hope not! Yeah, haven’t heard any updates:(

Some good news... I got back some test results today, about a pair of painful lumps, and turns out they are nothing. The drs office freaked me out, tho... I called for those results and some lung xrays (been dealing with some breathing issues) and the nurse is all like “Uhm, hold on...” and she put me on hold… Then she gets back on and is all “OK, let me have the doctor call you about these results…” I mentioned I was most interested in the long x-ray, and she said “oh yeah those are clear… But there are some big words in the valuation of the lumps so it’s better if your doctor calls me.” FYI, My doctor is on vacation right now, so her calling me got me a little nervous. What kind of nurse says that words are too big for them to understand? I basically assumed she had bad news but the doctor had to give it. Turns out no, the words were just too big, everything was fine. But ****, talk about waiting nervously...

Reactions: Tigerocker
Last year I found out a friend of mine was having issues and was started seeing a therapist and taking meds.

Few months later on his birthday he borrowed someone's car, stopped on a big bridge and jumped.

The police ruled it an "accident", but everyone knew it was suicide. Apparently there was even a video.

Sorry to hear about your former student and your coworker’s spouse. I had a friend that committed suicide a year or so ago and it was the last thing that I expected, especially since I had seen him a week earlier. He was upset because he and his girlfriend had recently broke up but I never imagined that he was upset to the point of taking his own life.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT