ADVERTISEMENT

Should this have been a Flagrant 1, a Flagrant 2, a regular foul, or a play on?

Yeah, he should have just said, 'Yeah, that was a foul on Hunter but.." and then talk about the screen. Seems reasonable that even a Michigan fan could admit they may have gotten away with one without trying to change the argument into something else. You've been here long enough to know that wasn't going to happen though.

I think they are both fouls. It seems reasonable that even a UNC fan could admit they may have gotten away with one on the screen.

I think they are both fouls. It seems reasonable that even a UNC fan could admit they may have gotten away with one on the screen.
So you think a personal foul on dickinson that was missed and shouldn't have been reviewed and a personal foul on bacot for I guess an illegal screen?

I think they are both fouls. You?
I think Hunters elbow is a flagrant 2 if Maneks was last year. I think Maneks should have been a flagrant 1 so Dickinson's was probably closer to a flagrant 2 but a flagrant 1 was definitely fair enough.

I don't think Bacot setting a screen was a flagrant. I am not sure on the rules regarding screens down the lane, so it may very well have been an illegal screen.

I think Hunters elbow is a flagrant 2 if Maneks was last year. I think Maneks should have been a flagrant 1 so Dickinson's was probably closer to a flagrant 2 but a flagrant 1 was definitely fair enough.

I don't think Bacot setting a screen was a flagrant. I am not sure on the rules regarding screens down the lane, so it may very well have been an illegal screen.
I have to agree---somewhat.Especially via the rule: above the shoulders, and not a basketball play. Second part is sort of the hard part. It could be argued it was an attempt at an arm bar,and missed? I dunno. After watching multiple times, I'm not sure why it wasn't reviewed. That has to be something---Foul, F1/F2. Has to be.

Bacot screen: Thats tough. Screening rules are the same, no matter where on the floor. One of the things though is, you have to allow time/distance for a defender who is not looking. Sort of like a blind sided block in football, so to speak. You just cannot light someone up. BUT.....UNC could say Bacot was simply turning around to get position---and that could be a legit argument. BUT....it seems as if he was looking right atUM dude, and decided to set a shitty screen. I have watched that play over and over, and man that's a rough sell/call either way. If anything, I'm pissed at Dicjinson for not calling out a scrren. His teammate didn't see it coming.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I have to agree---somewhat.Especially via the rule: above the shoulders, and not a basketball play. Second part is sort of the hard part. It could be argued it was an attempt at an arm bar,and missed? I dunno. After watching multiple times, I'm not sure why it wasn't reviewed. That has to be something---Foul, F1/F2. Has to be.

Bacot screen: Thats tough. Screening rules are the same, no matter where on the floor. One of the things though is, you have to allow time/distance for a defender who is not looking. Sort of like a blind sided block in football, so to speak. You just cannot light someone up. BUT.....UNC could say Bacot was simply turning around to get position---and that could be a legit argument. BUT....it seems as if he was looking right atUM dude, and decided to set a shitty screen. I have watched that play over and over, and man that's a rough sell/call either way. If anything, I'm pissed at Dicjinson for not calling out a scrren. His teammate didn't see it coming.

Yeah, kind of felt the same on both plays. I thought Hunter was trying an arm bar and missed. However, that hasn't seemed to matter according to the rule. High elbow to the face seems to be automatic. Regardless, I didn't think it was dirty.

And yeah, Bacot turned and to me seemed to establish that space and Bufkin just ran into him, but I've certainly seen handoffs called a foul in similar situations. I definitely thought he was trying to screen him there.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT