ADVERTISEMENT

Was 2019 UVA the best team this decade?

2018 Nova had only an OT loss @ Creighton with their full roster healthy (and that game was Booth's second back after the broken wrist). I think they'd probably be able to handle 2019 UVA.

Handle isn’t probably the word I’d use. It would be a good matchup though.

UK12 lost to Vandy and Indiana during the season.

FREAKING VANDY!!!!

Lost, not swept, everyone loses atleast a game or two. They won the season series 2-1 vs Vandy and if they rematched IU at Rupp that season do you have any doubt they wouldn’t win by double digits?

They lost the only meaningful game vs. Vandy though in the SEC tourney. UVA 100% beats Duke in the ACC or NCAA tourney. We played this season for games that matter, not regular season games.

Going to bash them for dropping the 3rd meeting in conference tournament play while dismissing that UVA was a premature exit in their own conference tournament. I personally don’t consider conference tournament wins to be weighted any heavier than regular season wins, unless a team is playing for their NCAA tournament hopes it is generally just another game for each team in an unusual format given the lack of rest between games, the committee themselves year to year typically doesn't reward/penalize teams for deep tournament runs or early exits, lifting the trophy guarantees your spot in the tournament and gives your program a trophy that thirty something other programs also got in that year. Its not meaningless, but its not a cornerstone of program excellence either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Blue79
1*dyBIfSBceibW4bYoWB6sOg.png

I hedged, but I spotted it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
IMO I don't think they were. The 2012 UK team that beat KU was the best team. They had a player that no one on the college level could stop and they had both size and depth. TTU had the UVA game won and then farted and lost it.

IMO I don't think they were. The 2012 UK team that beat KU was the best team. They had a player that no one on the college level could stop and they had both size and depth. TTU had the UVA game won and then farted and lost it.

About 4 teams had UVA beaten. I'm not sure how you could argue that this team was better than 18 Nova or 12 Kentucky. Unless you consider this year's field much stronger than those years. But it wasn't.

Nova made everyone they played look like a joke.

Reactions: Novachp
ADVERTISEMENT